JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
On the census forms, there isn't a "racial" category for Hispanic. They get to choose their race. There is a separate box to check off on for ethnicity, i.e., Hispanic, et al. The self-identifying nature of this system determines the race of a person.
Nobody would ever argue that I'm a white Caucasian. It's fact, not opinion.

When asked my race, I respond with 'human'. The rest is self-evident. These days you can be white and from most anywhere on the planet. My old pals Du Pré and Van Skalkwyk are both South African Boers, and now, thanks to their wives, useful American citizens. They both, correctly, proclaim themselves Afro-American to the dismay of anybody asking. Mind you, all they have to do is to open their mouths and speak...

Last Edited:
Amazing the scrub job the MSM is doing on this one. As well as internet social media purveyors deleting and scrubbing information. What about the shooter are they trying to hide?

Thanks to the quick actions of some, the secrets are being revealed. Along with reporting from outside the good ole USofA…

But the burning question remains, why the scrub job, why the sanitization? What truths are being hidden? We the public at large have a right to know…

I'm still trying to wrap my head around how he was able to kill 21 people with the police already there and after him. That certainly could be an indication that he was wearing armor.

The pictures being circulated on the web are supposedly pictures he posted of his rifles. That's a bit interesting too if it's accurate. One of those rifles was a Daniel Defense which is not exactly a cheap rifle. Not sure what the other rifle was. But the kid had a fair amount of money tied up in rifles and armor (again, if the reports are accurate). And he certainly could have saved his money but that's a decent number of shifts at the Wendy's he supposedly worked at. Most 18 year old kids aren't dropping that kind of cash on weapons.
"I'm still trying to wrap my head around how he was able to kill 21 people with the police already there and after him. That certainly could be an indication that he was wearing armor."

Supposedly he injured two officers as well. I am going to say he either played a lot of video games or airsoft type activities. The kids in the school would have been like fish in a barrel but engaging with officers, injuring two and still gaining access to school took some kind of skill.

While this event was unfortunate, it is one of the prices that society pays to have what liberty remains. Unless we want to give up liberties like other countries have, we have to expect these massacres will happen.

While this event was unfortunate, it is one of the prices that society pays to have what liberty remains. Unless we want to give up liberties like other countries have, we have to expect these massacres will happen.
It's the result of decades of decay of moral values, decaying value of life and decaying accountability for one's actions. Unless we as a society find a way to turn these things around, we'll face more and more of these incidents.

Gun control is a fallacy, with more than 350M firearms in the citizens hands, that's not going to happen. Look at other counties with less per capita firearms that have enacted gun control, look at the small percentage of compliance…

It's the result of decades of decay of moral values, decaying value of life and decaying accountability for one's actions. Unless we as a society find a way to turn these things around, we'll face more and more of these incidents.

Gun control is a fallacy, with more than 350M firearms in the citizens hands, that's not going to happen. Look at other counties with less per capita firearms that have enacted gun control, look at the small percentage of compliance…
I suspect it is more of decrease in compassion or empathy. There is a little too much me, me, me attitude these days. When somebody feels like they aren't getting what they want it sets them off. I believe this applies to gang related shootings to. I wouldn't be surprised if the murderer was on meds.

Our moral direction has changed over the decades. We had some pretty crappy morals back in the day. Slave ownership, witch burnings, treatment of women/kids, tortured confessions, etc.

I don't support gun control but it will be hard to argue with those that do, that strict nation wide gun control doesn't reduce instances of mass shootings. They will probably point to the UK and Australia as examples. If you take all the autos off the road you will have less auto accidents.

Confiscation will be supported by many voters and the little extra needed will be tallied up at election headquarters like they are doing in Clackamas County right now.

"Yeah, our ballots are faulty but go ahead and send them in anyways, we will fix them for you, it is all supervised and "above board". :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

We have a school shooting with many dead and many others traumatized.

I would suggest to all here...
To weigh your words before posting.
We do not need to create more of a divide or sow seeds of further discontent or our own destruction.

Remember the dead , help the victims...And do your best to help prevent such things from happening again.
Andy

Amazing the scrub job the MSM is doing on this one. As well as internet social media purveyors deleting and scrubbing information. What about the shooter are they trying to hide?

Thanks to the quick actions of some, the secrets are being revealed. Along with reporting from outside the good ole USofA…

But the burning question remains, why the scrub job, why the sanitization? What truths are being hidden? We the public at large have a right to know…
What info did they scrub?

Gonna be a huge push for assault weapons ban now methinks. Look at the restrictions passed in England after mass shootings as an example:
66D7FAD9-F20A-44EA-A089-A27596D06248.jpeg
4E03788E-908B-4FCD-ADDE-CAD555B3EAB6.jpeg
1E178ABC-4398-4EA9-B0B7-1533072D4155.jpeg
9986113E-A694-4CCC-BB07-7815E213A2BF.jpeg

Last Edited:
Eh… possible but reaching. There are so many factors involved that pointing to 1 thing is far too simplistic to adequately address the problem.

In a broader sense. This is an issue of morality. A moral people have no need for laws and immoral people won't follow them.

The founding fathers had quotes about this, it's not a new concept.

How people are raised makes a giant difference, considering this loser killed his own grandma before doing this. There was something going on there that was far more insidious than just, violent video games.
I realize this, it is far more complicated an issue than just that. This was just one simplistic example of what may be contributing to the problems we are haveing.

Brandon said last night that "Other country's do not have as much Gun Violence as America because they have stricter Gun laws"

Yesterday morning in Mexico.

A shooting at a Mexican hotel killed nearly a dozen people and injured several others Monday.

Telemundo 52 reported that at least 11 people have died, and another five were injured at the Gala hotel and bar located on Celaya in the Mexican central state of Guanajuato around 10 p.m.

A group of about 15 armed men wearing hoods hopped out of two trucks and opened fire on unsuspecting clients and employees at the hotel and bar.

Firearms regulation in Mexico

Contemporary Mexican society experiences gun homicide at a higher rate than many other nations, despite strict gun laws.

The purpose of the law is to provide for self-defense within the confine of one's own home.

Sound familiar?

Don't have kids. And if I do they will never step foot in a public school.
If you can afford to make that your law, go for it, but i doubt that private schools truly have better security because it is private. Last i knew, not all US states allow for home schooling. Best bet is boarding school abroad.

I realize this, it is far more complicated an issue than just that. This was just one simplistic example of what may be contributing to the problems we are haveing.
I do agree that being able to go on shooting rampages against civilians (grand theft auto series) in video games may have a negative effect - but millions of kids play those games and don't do that.

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads