JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Just a typical political trick. The only reason this failed was because the election hasn't happened yet. You can guarantee after the election and everybody has their cushy house and senate seats they will ram through the most vicious firearm laws conceivable.

I think this was all smoke and mirrors, feel good action that they knew was going to fail but that they can use as leverage and as a past talking point to make it look like they have done something.

Criminals%20Obey%20the%20law.jpg

Aloha, Mark

... it's about terrorists, Muslim extremist terrorists to be specific....

Ain't gonna live in fear.

Muslim extremist terrorists. Gimme a break.
Used to be "communists."
It's always something they want people to be scared of.

24 hour news media needs something to talk about, elected officials need something to keep people scared, military industrial complex needs an excuse for legitimacy.
I'm just not convinced it's the real threat.
Way more concerned about getting hit by a car, or something statistically probable.
Not really expecting a lot of people will agree with me, after all we are inundated with talking heads reminding us to be frightened, and make decisions based on fear rather than actual threat assessment.

Ain't gonna live in fear.

Muslim extremist terrorists. Gimme a break.
Used to be "communists."
It's always something they want people to be scared of.

24 hour news media needs something to talk about, elected officials need something to keep people scared, military industrial complex needs an excuse for legitimacy.
I'm just not convinced it's the real threat.
Way more concerned about getting hit by a car, or something statistically probable.
Not really expecting a lot of people will agree with me, after all we are inundated with talking heads reminding us to be frightened, and make decisions based on fear rather than actual threat assessment.
Welcome aboard Joe.

I don't live in fear. The only change I have made is to be more situationally aware... I guess you could say I have a heightened sense of awareness...

I've always taken personal responsibility for my families safety and well being, I've always ensured I'm personally prepared to protect myself and my loved ones.

Regardless of the environment or situation... But that's just me...

Gowdy is a pretty impressive speaker on this subject, particularly on his questions about what other rights in the Bill of Rights require that individuals petition government in order to exercise them. Thank heaven for the Internet; this questioning certainly will not make it into mainstream media Ministry of Propaganda channels.
On that one brother we are in complete agreement. Gowdy is a beast and the man should run for president.

Welcome aboard Joe.

I don't live in fear. The only change I have made is to be more situationally aware... I guess you could say I have a heightened sense of awareness...

I've always taken personal responsibility for my families safety and well being, I've always ensured I'm personally prepared to protect myself and my loved ones.

Regardless of the environment or situation... But that's just me...
Truly; it makes sense.
When I wrote the initial reply I had just listened to a replay of a political event where the speakers all kept talking about Muslim Extremist terrorists. I think I was replying to that more than to your comment.
And, the truth is the two main reasons I carry a loaded firearm are 1. foreign military invasion, and 2. unexpected WROL. Both of which are pretty unlikely.
I agree 100% with your comment about taking personal responsibility for family's safety. And, I also believe in the sheepdog mentality.

And, let's tip a cold one to celebrate not living in fear.

Truly; it makes sense.
When I wrote the initial reply I had just listened to a replay of a political event where the speakers all kept talking about Muslim Extremist terrorists. I think I was replying to that more than to your comment.
And, the truth is the two main reasons I carry a loaded firearm are 1. foreign military invasion, and 2. unexpected WROL. Both of which are pretty unlikely.
I agree 100% with your comment about taking personal responsibility for family's safety. And, I also believe in the sheepdog mentality.

And, let's tip a cold one to celebrate not living in fear.
Here ya go! :s0090:

I think you are correct Joe, No need to live in fear, and what nammac also pointed to is correct! We live in very different time then our parents and we face very real threats ( not just ISHAM) so a person needs to be ever watchful! I see the media we have available to us today as a very powerful source of information that can be used for the greater good, BUT, can also be used to unhinge us if we let it! The spread of info real time has made us far more aware of things then ever before and so that info needs to be taken in context with known facts and constantly checked so a person can make informed choices! Best thing one can do is prepare for worse case and hope it's not needed! Better to live prepared then live in fear!!! I think we all know what is coming, it doesn't really matter which way it comes at us, being able to do something vs being the Sheeple makes us different, and in the end, that will give us a better chance!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top