JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Amen! But only be just a few votes. We really need to not get complacent.

Someone should post the easiest way to write our elected officials in Idaho, Oregon and Washington, then we need to each and every one of us actually contact our representatives with sound logic and facts, thanking them for their support of the constitution. We also need to post this info on other forums. Only with activism can we keep this human right to self defense alive.

Oregon senators voted for more gun control, as usual... It's not about the terrorists.... It's about them darned guns, especially them evil black guns, they're the most vicious...

I finally had to give all my evil black guns up for adoption, they just wouldn't listen to reason and stay home at night....

They wanted to go out and run around like hoodlums... I just couldn't take the stress anymore...

Someone should post the easiest way to write our elected officials in Idaho, Oregon and Washington, then we need to each and every one of us actually contact our representatives with sound logic and facts, thanking them for their support of the constitution. ...

Speaking for the Washingtonians, why should I be "thanking" Senators Murray and Cantwell?

From U.S. Senate Daily Press Gallery (http://www.dailypress.senate.gov/)

6:54 p.m. Senate began voting on the motion to table the motion to commit with instructions the Murphy amendment #4750.

6:53 p.m. Cloture fails on the Feinstein amendment 47-53.

Senators in favor: 43 Democrats, 2 Republicans (Ayotte and Kirk), 2 Independents (King and Sanders).

Senators against: 52 Republicans, 1 Democrat (Heitkamp).
6:38 p.m. Roll call vote on cloture on the Feinstein amendment #4720 began.

6:37 p.m. Cloture fails on the Cornyn amendment 53-47.

Senators in favor: 51 Republicans, 2 Democrats (Donnelly, Manchin)

Senators against: 42 Democrats, 3 Republicans (Collins, Flake and Kirk) 2 Independents (King and Sanders).

6:19 p.m. Roll call vote begins on cloture on the Cornyn amendment #4749.

6:18 p.m. Cloture fails in relation to Murphy amdt 44-56.

Senators in favor: 41 Democrats, 2 Independents (King and Sanders) 1 Republican (Kirk).

Senators against: 53 Republicans, 3 Democrats (Heitkamp, Manchin and Tester).

6:03 p.m. Cloture vote began on the motion to commit the Murphy amendment #4750.

6:02 p.m. Cloture fails on Grassley amendment 53-47.

Senators in favor: 52 Republicans, 1 Democrat (Donnelly).

Senators against: 43 Democrats, 2 Republicans (Gardner and Kirk), 2 Independents (King and Sanders).

Senators not voting: Sanders

5:37 p.m. Roll call vote began on cloture on the Grassley amendment #4751.

5:30 p.m. Senator Murphy spoke about the filibuster.

5:24 p.m. Senator Nelson spoke on guns.

5:17 p.m. Senator Toomey spoke on guns.

5:07 p.m. Senator Grassley spoke on guns.

4:55 p.m. Senator Boxer spoke on guns.

4:53 p.m. Senator Cornyn yielded to a question from Senator Feinstein.

4:38 p.m. Senator Cornyn spoke on amendment #4749.

4:10 p.m. Senator Feinstein spoke on amendment #4720.

3:59 p.m. Senator Blumenthal spoke in support of amendments #4720 and #4750.

3:40 p.m. Senator Ayotte spoke on a bipartisan effort by her and Senators Flake, Collins, Graham and others to vote for gun amendments put forth by both parties.

3:32 p.m. Senator Mikulski spoke on guns.

3:23 p.m. Senator Leahy spoke in support of amendment #4720 and amendment #4750.

3:22 p.m. The Senate resumed consideration of HR 2578.

3:10 p.m. Senator Reid spoke on mass shootings and amendments #4720 and #4750.

3:03 p.m. Senator McConnell spoke on ISIL and amendments #4751 and #4749.

3:00 p.m. The Senate convened at and resumed consideration of HR 2578, the Commerce, Justice Science Appropriations bill.

At 5:30 there will be up to 4 roll call votes:

1. Cloture on the Grassley amendment #4751, if cloture is not invoked then
  2. Cloture on the motion to commit the Murphy amendment #4750, if cloture is not invoked then
  3. Cloture on the Cornyn amendment #4749, if cloture is not invoked then
  4. Cloture on the Feinstein amendment #4720
If cloture is invoked on any of the amendments, there would be up to 30 hours of debate prior to a vote on the amendment and then we would move on to the next cloture vote.

Good example of how partisan bickering and gridlock is a good thing right now with the clowns in DC unable to come to a compromise how to legislate our liberties away.

Gridlock 2016

The Washington Senators voted for the bill too, the only way that is going change is when they are out of office.
Not even then, unless we break the King Kounty Kommunist Kleptokracy's stranglehold on power they'll just keep installing the same crap in different wrappers.

What Seattle wants, Seattle gets, and as far as they're concerned the rest of us better just BOHICA.

Where are all the people who liked to pound their chest about how great Seattle is and how my plan to move to Florida was x, y or z? Mark my words, in 10-20 years, Oregon and Washington will be just like California is today. It has already started with the new gun restrictions of the past few years.

Actually, I expect the combined worst of Commiefornia and Detroitistan... and I can't get the bonehead rels to see that their retirement dollars will go much farther somewhere in the Sun Belt. :(

Speaking for the Washingtonians, why should I be "thanking" Senators Murray and Cantwell?

From U.S. Senate Daily Press Gallery (http://www.dailypress.senate.gov/)

6:54 p.m. Senate began voting on the motion to table the motion to commit with instructions the Murphy amendment #4750.

6:53 p.m. Cloture fails on the Feinstein amendment 47-53.

Senators in favor: 43 Democrats, 2 Republicans (Ayotte and Kirk), 2 Independents (King and Sanders).

Senators against: 52 Republicans, 1 Democrat (Heitkamp).
6:38 p.m. Roll call vote on cloture on the Feinstein amendment #4720 began.

6:37 p.m. Cloture fails on the Cornyn amendment 53-47.

Senators in favor: 51 Republicans, 2 Democrats (Donnelly, Manchin)

Senators against: 42 Democrats, 3 Republicans (Collins, Flake and Kirk) 2 Independents (King and Sanders).

6:19 p.m. Roll call vote begins on cloture on the Cornyn amendment #4749.

6:18 p.m. Cloture fails in relation to Murphy amdt 44-56.

Senators in favor: 41 Democrats, 2 Independents (King and Sanders) 1 Republican (Kirk).

Senators against: 53 Republicans, 3 Democrats (Heitkamp, Manchin and Tester).

6:03 p.m. Cloture vote began on the motion to commit the Murphy amendment #4750.

6:02 p.m. Cloture fails on Grassley amendment 53-47.

Senators in favor: 52 Republicans, 1 Democrat (Donnelly).

Senators against: 43 Democrats, 2 Republicans (Gardner and Kirk), 2 Independents (King and Sanders).

Senators not voting: Sanders

5:37 p.m. Roll call vote began on cloture on the Grassley amendment #4751.

5:30 p.m. Senator Murphy spoke about the filibuster.

5:24 p.m. Senator Nelson spoke on guns.

5:17 p.m. Senator Toomey spoke on guns.

5:07 p.m. Senator Grassley spoke on guns.

4:55 p.m. Senator Boxer spoke on guns.

4:53 p.m. Senator Cornyn yielded to a question from Senator Feinstein.

4:38 p.m. Senator Cornyn spoke on amendment #4749.

4:10 p.m. Senator Feinstein spoke on amendment #4720.

3:59 p.m. Senator Blumenthal spoke in support of amendments #4720 and #4750.

3:40 p.m. Senator Ayotte spoke on a bipartisan effort by her and Senators Flake, Collins, Graham and others to vote for gun amendments put forth by both parties.

3:32 p.m. Senator Mikulski spoke on guns.

3:23 p.m. Senator Leahy spoke in support of amendment #4720 and amendment #4750.

3:22 p.m. The Senate resumed consideration of HR 2578.

3:10 p.m. Senator Reid spoke on mass shootings and amendments #4720 and #4750.

3:03 p.m. Senator McConnell spoke on ISIL and amendments #4751 and #4749.

3:00 p.m. The Senate convened at and resumed consideration of HR 2578, the Commerce, Justice Science Appropriations bill.

At 5:30 there will be up to 4 roll call votes:

1. Cloture on the Grassley amendment #4751, if cloture is not invoked then
  2. Cloture on the motion to commit the Murphy amendment #4750, if cloture is not invoked then
  3. Cloture on the Cornyn amendment #4749, if cloture is not invoked then
  4. Cloture on the Feinstein amendment #4720
If cloture is invoked on any of the amendments, there would be up to 30 hours of debate prior to a vote on the amendment and then we would move on to the next cloture vote.

It's a politically correct email, that's why. "I thank you for your support of our 2nd amendment rights in the future because x, y, z facts. Otherwise I can only support your opponents in future elections."

They will never give up!

BREAKING NEWS: U.S. Senate rejects gun violence prevention measures

The Senate just REJECTED practical solutions to reduce gun violence, including expanded background checks on gun sales.

Our national leaders caved to the gun lobby's agenda and voted against making our communities safer.

But we cannot let this deter us. It's now more important than ever that we continue our fight for common-sense solutions to gun violence on the local level, like passing Initiative 1491 here in Washington State.

But we'll need your support. Will you chip in $5 right now and help us stop gun violence?

$5 >> $35 >>
$50 >> $100 >>
$250 >> Other >>
The politicians in Washington, D.C. are a disgrace to the memory of the 49 victims in Orlando and the 89 people across the country who die from gun violence every day.

But we will not allow their deaths to be in vain. We will not stop fighting until all of our communities are safe.

Please chip in today and join our fight:

Thank you for your support,

The Alliance for Gun Responsibility

Last Edited:
Oregon senators voted for more gun control, as usual... It's not about the terrorists.... It's about them darned guns, especially them evil black guns, they're the most vicious...

I finally had to give all my evil black guns up for adoption, they just wouldn't listen to reason and stay home at night....

They wanted to go out and run around like hoodlums... I just couldn't take the stress anymore...
I really don't believe it's about gun control.
It's about people control.
Easier to control people who don't have guns.

I hammered my Oregon Senators as well as Harry Reid and Mitch McConnell regarding this, it's about terrorists, Muslim extremist terrorists to be specific...

Hit Paul Ryan as well, he actually responded... Don't think much will happen in the house under his control...

Keep on them until we've taken the wind out of the liberals sails... Shouldn't take much with the White House reversal on the redacted 911 tapes... The truth is leaking out...

Last Edited:

Someone should post the easiest way to write our elected officials in Idaho, Oregon and Washington, then we need to each and every one of us actually contact our representatives with sound logic and facts, thanking them for their support of the constitution. We also need to post this info on other forums. Only with activism can we keep this human right to self defense alive.
I did just what you suggested and wrote everyone of the politicians in Oregon and Washington. I got a response back from the republicans only and not one democrat in either state would answer my questions. It was very simple to do and I have now done it several times just to ensure accuracy. I get the same response every time with no Democrats answering. It is obvious to me they do not want to her from the people beacuse they are doing what they want.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top