Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Just found this on MSN Real Estate:

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by deen_ad, Mar 12, 2013.

1. deen_ad

deen_ad Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

11 things that make home-insurance rates soar - MSN Real Estate

Deen
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member & Recruiter
    Washington Arms Collectors Member
    SouthWest Washington Arms Collectors Member
    Second Amendment Foundation Member

2. Kable

Kable Lynnwood Active Member

They love the figure 40% but the data is always old or shady

3. tunus

tunus PDX, United States Active Member

Interesting. I recently called my agent to bump my home liability coverage for this reason and he didn't even charge me extra for the higher limits.

4. Modeler

Modeler Molalla, Oregon Soccer Fan

Yep, never been asked such a thing.

5. pokerace

pokerace Newberg Well-Known Member

what insurance co.//

6. tunus

Farmers insurance.

7. huthuthike

huthuthike Hillsboro OR Active Member

No, "the risk of homicide increases by 40%" means that if it was 1% chance without guns it is 1.4% with guns. Or is it is .10% then it is .14% with guns in the house. It also doesn't say how many of those are self-defense or justified homicides.

8. Modeler

Modeler Molalla, Oregon Soccer Fan

I've had Farmer's as long as I've been a homeowner, I don't recall them ever asking that question. OTOH, I wasn't much of a gun guy when I bought the house 8 years ago.

Looks like I'll be calling my wife's insurance agent and taking him up on his offer to switch to Allstate.

9. OLDNEWBIE

OLDNEWBIE State of Flux Well-Known Member

Living in a home with hard drug users/dealers or other low life violent criminal types that are not legally allowed to possess a gun, increases the chance that a gun is in the home by 85%. These types end up being killed with a gun 90% more often than law abiding citizens.

These statistics are pure fiction as well but are probably more accurate!
    :bsflag:

10. tunus

I have been happy with farmers for home insurance and just switched to them for auto as well. Had allstate for auto before the switch and their premiums were 30% higher than what farmers offered. I have a good friend who is a farmers agent and has been able to give me excellent coverage for reasonable premiums. He suggested I consider an umbrella liability policy should an incident occur away from home. The cost was around $150/year for $1mill coverage. It's an extra layer of asset protection.

11. BigStick

BigStick Sherwood, OR Well-Known Member

Not sure I trust the study, I would have to read all the details to get the context and what they were actually measuring, but as for insurance. All my State Farm agent asked was what value I had in firearms to make sure the replacement cost was covered. I'm throwing the propaganda flag on this one.

12. tank3d

tank3d Eugene Member

I have state farm. Not only do they know I have guns...I have my collection insured by them. Costs me like $40 a year with total replacement insurance..no deductible. I if drop a gun in the forest and lose it, they replace it for free.