JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi guys and gals,

Few of my friends have been telling me that i should do some gun reviews on youtube, since some of my non-gun related videos were pretty popular. So i did a review of my springfield xd9 v10 and wanted to get some feedback.

P.s. i do have a pretty strong accent and not sure if it helps or hurts the video. thanks :)

thank you

Last edited by a moderator:
I think you're video is great. Maybe just a couple of suggestions for the future, more lighting when you are at your bench or table showing the weapon and perhaps a little less time in your hands and more close ups of the gun....
Your accent isn't distracting by any means at all either, kind of has an FPS Russia ring to it.
Keep up the great work.

it is a lower middle ranking video. Your scripting needs work. You need to center or close to center the target you are shooting when you shoot. You need more detail on the parts as not everyone knows about the captive spring system on the XD.
Your accent is no problem and much better sounding then the phoney FPS Russian.

Scripting is so important, right up there with lighting, they're both things no one things about when doing videos, but they make a huge difference.

^ +1 scripting & TIMING of scripting. I have little problems with ~Any~ accents, when the timing of the speech is slower paced... BTW, I am providing that, having Not seen your Video, i am on a fixed Gigabyte plan, and am very short on online time, until I get to my next billing cycle.

The accents comment, comes from my working as a tutor in ESL, and working with many peoples from many cultures, I am sure, that English, to Non English First Language users is hard, even them's from "down under" whom I enjoy... Are hard to understand, if they have had ~one to many~ Of their favorite brew... Of course, they will say there IS no such Thing, as One To Many... ;)

good luck on video review two, and I'll try to watch your first, in Six days!

philip,
In the BoonDocks

Check out this video for a good method of reducing wind noise from your camera.

Also, if you can, turn off the 'auto level' feature on the audio for the camera. This will normalize the audio levels instead of having a dramatic change in the level after a working the action or dropping the slide.

Good freshman showing.

I tend to stop watching youtube videos about the second "so" or "um".

I don't care what the general public thinks about guns. If I want a review,I want it to be from a professional. One who speaks clearly and concise.
Accent means nothing if you have your script down.

But that's just me. I know enough that I don't need the general public's viewpoint.
And I get tired of every narcissist with a camera wanting to be on youtube

(I stopped about 15 seconds in)

Check out this video for a good method of reducing wind noise from your camera.

Also, if you can, turn off the 'auto level' feature on the audio for the camera. This will normalize the audio levels instead of having a dramatic change in the level after a working the action or dropping the slide.

Good freshman showing.

Thank you, i need to try something like that

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR