JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Just tired of the ill prepared that fail to learn from history and the dozens of threads on the same subject.

I am not ill prepared, I would just like to see some of this nonsense stop. If there is a proactive solution that can help why not give it a try? Yes there are loads of .22lr threads, however, I did not find any that gave a realistic solution that could possibly help the matter.

I mean why even have a forum if you don't want people to talk. You should post information that we can search and no one can post to it. If you're so tired of it don't read it. If I'm tired or something I stop. I don't go to different threads complaining.

If the site doesn't delete the old sale info from guns and parts, then why mention a dead horse about ammo convo's?

New 22 rifle owner here that has been trying to find regular priced ammo since Christmas!

Thanks for keeping this thread open!

Folks I know some of you are annoyed with the complaining about the lack of ammo or the prices being charged for it. I know some of you are annoyed at the complaining because you see it as a capitalistic society where a person can charge what they wish. There are those who like to call out people for not being prepared, we all should have stockpiled enough .22 ammo to single handedly take on a small country with simply a 10/22 and your ammo supply. However I will say this in response.

My concern is about the new shooter, just getting involved. Perhaps they are just old enough to buy their first rifle or handgun. They have not had the time or ability in a lot of areas to start stockpiling. Heck they are simply trying to learn the basics and just getting started.

My concern is about the person who has a limited income trying to do what they can.

What about the person who just purchased a gun for personal protection and now can't get the ammo to go shoot it to practice and become competent. My list could go on and on.

You see claiming "capitalism" is not a defense to poor behavior. Squeezing people for every last dime you can possibly wring out of an item does not make you a brilliant businessman or businesswoman. Berating people for not stockpiling for the last 30 years, preparing for the coming of Stay-puff Marshmallow Man (googe it) is not helpful in the least.

In the end ladies and gentlemen you will simply hurt yourselves and your cause. I firmly believe that the greatest threat to gun rights in this country are the gun owners and sellers themselves. You see because of the ammo hording and scapling, gouging, and generally overpriced asshattery going on you will drive people away from the sport, hobby and idea of a gun for personal protection or otherwise. As soon as a democrat breaks wind it seems that gun owners cannot fall over themselves fast enough to do one of two things.

a. Price everything as if it were handmade by Jesus out of platinum
b. Pay for everything as if it were handmade by Jesus out of platinum.

In the end I am joining the group seeking a solution to the poor business practices and general buyer ignorance that is the cause of the current market conditions. Because for me it is important that people get involved and stay involved in the shooting world. If you don't use something you will lose it. The smaller the shooting community becomes the smaller its voice will be on the national stage.

What he said

I have been flagging overpriced .22 for awhile now. I will allow a little profit but any standard bulk pack over 30 bucks gets a flag from me. And no I am not doing it because im short on .22 ammo I just want more realistic prices for those who do need it.

Sounds fair. 30 should be a 10-12 dollar profit so at over a 50% profit they get flagged. I am on board. Hell I have nothing better to do right now than nurse my owies and cause trouble on Armslist.

Until I can go into the store and walk out with 2 bricks for under 40 bucks as I could not long ago I am speaking loudly and swinging a big stick at the people selling at insane prices.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top