JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
It seems to me that the majority of the .22lr price scalping occurs on Armslist. If that avenue of trade no longer allowed people to sell over-priced .22lr, most would have a heck of a time trying to find a fast and lucrative way to sell it.

On Armslist there is an option to flag posts that are over-priced. After X amount of times this post gets flagged it gets removed. If a few of us went through all of the over-priced .22lr adds and got them removed I feel it would help end this stupidity we have brought upon ourselves.

I hate to be the ammo nazi; what do you guys think?

Then what....the prices come down? I doubt it. Ramp it down on one site, another will ramp up. Obviously some people have the funds to buy this stuff at inflated prices and are willing to do so, until THAT stops, I don't see much hope of prices coming down or boxes on the shelf. Hell, there's an add on this site wanting 15 bucks for a box of 50.

The red light district in Amsterdam has a theory on this type of business. If you don't see something you like, keep walking. Because there is always someone behind you that likes the goods.

In all seriousness, I think I may bail on .22 just because of this.

<Why there aren't any school shootings in Israel!

Yep, just don't buy it. If others want it they'll pay the price asked. Not my worry and it shouldn't be anyone elses. If you want it, buy it, otherwise don't.

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
Defender of Freedom Award
NRA Recruiter
Second Amendment Foundation Member
Washington Arms Collectors Member
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Member

"A gun is like a parachute. If you need one and don't have it, you'll probably never need one again!"

This ammo shortage is getting very annoying. The flagging idea could help. I usually don't think like that, but in this case that could possibly help it for a while. Too bad there is so many people that will buy the over priced ammo. Once the buying stops the scalpers will stop.

The whole oregon trail card..... now that really irritates me, especially when people can get cash back. Or the fact they can buy anything. That's crazy! I didn't know about this until recently. Only in America.

Okay, sorry but I am dumb. What is an Oregon Trail Card?

A card issued to people in need by the government. Some are only food cards and other you can buy anything. The non food card is like a cash card that you can withdraw money. Sounds like the craziest thing I've ever heard. There is probably .22 ammo scalpers using the card, now that would suck!

I hate to be the ammo nazi; what do you guys think?

deadhorsesm.jpg

Folks I know some of you are annoyed with the complaining about the lack of ammo or the prices being charged for it. I know some of you are annoyed at the complaining because you see it as a capitalistic society where a person can charge what they wish. There are those who like to call out people for not being prepared, we all should have stockpiled enough .22 ammo to single handedly take on a small country with simply a 10/22 and your ammo supply. However I will say this in response.

My concern is about the new shooter, just getting involved. Perhaps they are just old enough to buy their first rifle or handgun. They have not had the time or ability in a lot of areas to start stockpiling. Heck they are simply trying to learn the basics and just getting started.

My concern is about the person who has a limited income trying to do what they can.

What about the person who just purchased a gun for personal protection and now can't get the ammo to go shoot it to practice and become competent. My list could go on and on.

You see claiming "capitalism" is not a defense to poor behavior. Squeezing people for every last dime you can possibly wring out of an item does not make you a brilliant businessman or businesswoman. Berating people for not stockpiling for the last 30 years, preparing for the coming of Stay-puff Marshmallow Man (googe it) is not helpful in the least.

In the end ladies and gentlemen you will simply hurt yourselves and your cause. I firmly believe that the greatest threat to gun rights in this country are the gun owners and sellers themselves. You see because of the ammo hording and scapling, gouging, and generally overpriced asshattery going on you will drive people away from the sport, hobby and idea of a gun for personal protection or otherwise. As soon as a democrat breaks wind it seems that gun owners cannot fall over themselves fast enough to do one of two things.

a. Price everything as if it were handmade by Jesus out of platinum
b. Pay for everything as if it were handmade by Jesus out of platinum.

In the end I am joining the group seeking a solution to the poor business practices and general buyer ignorance that is the cause of the current market conditions. Because for me it is important that people get involved and stay involved in the shooting world. If you don't use something you will lose it. The smaller the shooting community becomes the smaller its voice will be on the national stage.

See ^^^, if we didn't beat a dead horse from time to time we wouldn't have great posts like the one above!

There are new people joining the board all the time, they should get a chance at the horse too. We all have the ability to hit the back button should we find a topic stale for us.

Mike

Last Edited:
See ^^^, if we didn't beat a dead horses from time to time we wouldn't have great posts like the one above!

There are new people joining the board all the time, they should get a chance at the horse too. We all have the ability to hit the back button should we find a topic stale for us.

Mike
OR you could just use the search function........and rehash some old threads.

I have been flagging overpriced .22 for awhile now. I will allow a little profit but any standard bulk pack over 30 bucks gets a flag from me. And no I am not doing it because im short on .22 ammo I just want more realistic prices for those who do need it.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top