JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Gentlemen, there's a forum named GAB. The forum is 'sort of' like facebook but censors nada that's civil. You can start/create your own page (s) and the site is dedicated to free speech. They don't allow hate speech, makes sense, but allow free speech. You can bad mouth..rant..rave against biden, harris..blah blah & NO CENSORSHIP!

Dan
I tried that when I first heard of it while ago. It let me set up an account and then every time since I tried to use it, it's just frozen. finally just gave up. Will have to try it again when I get home. Don't know if they had a sudden influx of people after Paler was shuttered or if Comcast is throttling it like they do that one video feed.

I tried that when I first heard of it while ago. It let me set up an account and then every time since I tried to use it, it's just frozen. finally just gave up. Will have to try it again when I get home. Don't know if they had a sudden influx of people after Paler was shuttered or if Comcast is throttling it like they do that one video feed.
It can be rather frustrating at first. The influx of people joining is insane. It's temperamental at times and the checking your browser is on/off at different times. It's been a couple of months for me and it's working great 95% of the time. The site is seemingly geared to religion but I don't take it personal and it's NOT SHOVED up your backside but just there to read or bypass. I started a group that slams elected officials and has offensive (depending on your views) language & images. It's still up. Much like the political humor pages here on the site.

Dan

Yup.....they voted how they wanted to. I got no problem with that. The media said it was a FAIR and HONEST election. ;)

Funny though......how it got me thinking about what Chuck said.....

"This is a free country, live like you wanna live Baby…."

Not Chuck Schumer.

The other Chuck. As in: Chuck Berry.

Aloha, Mark

I thought he said to have both hands holdin on to your ding-a-ling-a-ling....

Someone care go fill me in when, " there would be heavier moderation here.."
And, "the owner basically invited anyone who didnt like it to move on."
I miss something?

Dan

IMHO.....
You missed a LOT.

I'D SAY.....
The increase (heavier moderation) happened within the last few months (maybe because of the election maybe).

BUT THEN.....
That's only my opinion.

Having been through a lot of the.....let's keep this.....

"Non-political and Non-divisive". :s0123:

Aloha, Mark

PS....And I forgot to mention the "Corona Virus" thing. Oooops.....YouTube doesn't allow using those words. It's called.... "The Situation".

Last Edited:
Just wondering are we allowed to criticize Biden or Democrats on Northwest Firearms anymore? Anytime I seem to say anything negative about the Democrat leaders Biden/Harris my post gets removed.. Its at the point where I hardly even bother posting about 2nd Amendment or political issues anymore on this forum. I feel the forum has become mostly just hobbyist and we are suppose to pretend Democrat majority and their leaders Biden/Harris don't unanimously support an Assault Weapon Ban and much worse than that.

View attachment 826946

Notice their party affiliation and the votes of the Congressman who support the gun control/ban/buyback/confiscation legislations.

I've taken to calling them the "party of anti-gunners"...... seems to work.

If he hasn't destroyed the country by then.:(
You know how much the citizens of this country have gone through in the past and came out the other side better for it. Americans are resilient and will continue to be so. One weak, old, geriatric man won't stop that. It's just going to be a painful slow 4 years but we all will get through this. Hopefully some will learn what their vote (simply cause they disliked the way a man conducted himself) got them. Cause and effect.

Gentlemen, there's a forum named GAB

I went to MeWe out of frustration with Fakebukaki, but didn't get very many of my FB friends to follow me there. Those that did, don't seem to contribute. I'll give GAB a try.

After they took Parler down, even tho I'm not a Twithead, I cancelled Amazon Prime, etc. Not going to support a bunch of censorship.

I read on Bongino.com that Parler is back up, but it's still not working when I tried it...

IMHO.....
You missed a LOT.

I'D SAY.....
The increase (heavier moderation) happened within the last few months (maybe because of the election maybe).

BUT THEN.....
That's only my opinion.

Having been through a lot of the.....let's keep this.....

"Non-political and Non-divisive". :s0123:

Aloha, Mark
Would you be so kind as to point me in a direction so I'm more informed? PM it if that will be more comfortable for you...
I'd not be happy were I to find we couldn't have civil discourse on a given subject here. We each have opinions & views and that's the exact rationale as to why we should be able to discuss it. We may not agree with each other but to say we can't discuss an issue, as long as it's civil, is absolutely wrong!

Dan

Found these Fun Facts.....

View attachment 826741
When you read the fine print, you see that your chart includes all 8 years under Obama but only 9 months under Trump. Also without a link, I have no idea where you found your "facts". Here are the actual numbers if anyone wants them unfiltered: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_mass_shootings_in_the_United_States#Summary

Obama 2009-2016: 474 dead, ~59 dead per year (actually a lot higher than what your chart says)
Trump 2017-2020: 391 dead, ~98 dead per year (this includes only 16 dead in 2020 due to COVID lockdowns)

Would you be so kind as to point me in a direction so I'm more informed? PM it if that will be more comfortable for you...
I'd not be happy were I to find we couldn't have civil discourse on a given subject here. We each have opinions & views and that's the exact rationale as to why we should be able to discuss it. We may not agree with each other but to say we can't discuss an issue, as long as it's civil, is absolutely wrong!

Dan

Sorry, I'm not really into being a RAT. Not that there's anything wrong with rats.

Then..... there is plenty of thinly vailed "personal attacking".

But.....whatever.

The job of moderating is hard.

I get it. I can leave anytime.

Aloha, Mark

You know how much the citizens of this country have gone through in the past and came out the other side better for it. Americans are resilient and will continue to be so. One weak, old, geriatric man won't stop that. It's just going to be a painful slow 4 years but we all will get through this. Hopefully some will learn what their vote (simply cause they disliked the way a man conducted himself) got them. Cause and effect.
Be careful calling someone a geriatric old man. He is 5 weeks younger than I am.:D

When you read the fine print, you see that your chart includes all 8 years under Obama but only 9 months under Trump. Also without a link, I have no idea where you found your "facts". Here are the actual numbers if anyone wants them unfiltered: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_mass_shootings_in_the_United_States#Summary

Obama 2009-2016: 474 dead, ~59 dead per year (actually a lot higher than what your chart says)
Trump 2017-2020: 391 dead, ~98 dead per year (this includes only 16 dead in 2020 due to COVID lockdowns)

Hummm?

"Mass Shootings". And it says.....Right off the top under definitions.

Stanford MSA Data Project:
3+ shot in one incident, at one location, at roughly the same time, excluding organized crime, as well as gang-related and drug-related shootings.

So then.....
Just a random example Dec 5, 2019
2019 Miramar shootout: Two suspects robbed a jewelry store which resulted in a police shootout that killed 2 people, including a UPS truck driver which was his 1st day at his job. Both suspects were killed by police.

Hummmmm......
Two suspects dead......the results of the police. *Were the other two..... also killed by the police or the criminals?

So...."mass shootings". Rrrrrright.......PROOF.
That America needs to ban the AR15 and other weapons of war (assault weapons) and high capacity magazines.

Really?
Criminal misuse (wait a second, see below). Either way........stats.....so attack the law abiding gun owners?

Aloha, Mark

PS....*OK the red is a link to a Wikipedia Article.

Victims
Four people were killed in the shootout. Both robbery suspects, Lamar Alexander, and Ronnie Jerome Hill, both 41, were killed by police. The hijacked UPS driver, Frank Ordonez, 27, and bystander Richard Cutshaw, 70, were also both killed in the shootout. A female store employee was shot and wounded in the initial robbery.

By a quick count that is three dead by police. 2 robbery suspects and the UPS driver (**it's blamed on the police). As for the 4th death (Richard Cutshaw).....it's unclear (to me at this time) who was responsible.

Well.....three.....so it counts. Rrrrrright......and the police were responsible (or so it appears) for the three deaths.

**from another article.
"The cops killed Frank Ordonez on live tv and endangered the lives of so many other bystanders over stolen jewelry," wrote one angry woman on Twitter, echoing the thoughts of others.

The FBI says it's not yet clear whose bullet ended the UPS driver's life. They did not rule out a police bullet, however; the FBI's special agent in charge of the Miami office said in a news conference that it was too early to know.

Last Edited:
Once again who cares if MJ is legal. Alcohol is legal and way more deadly and addictive. I don't see your point here.
But I'm not addicted to drugs or alcohol. at least I have not had occasion to use either in 2020 or 2021 so I can't be very addicted. I have seen drunks drive, but we have had a quantum shift to 'High' gear since drugs have been made legal. 'Don't mix drugs with smart phones' !

I also am not certain how this subject got here, except if it is a example of shortsighted thinking on the administrations part/ Another example might be the recent announcement of 25,000 migrant to be admitted. Quoting my wife she says they are going to give them $2,000 each cash and another $2,000 in a checking account let them in with little restraint, and do not test them for Covid. How does that make sense. What did they contribute? One bad after another.

Big hint! Never defend Drugs or Alcohol, it is not medicine!

But I'm not addicted to drugs or alcohol. at least I have not had occasion to use either in 2020 or 2021 so I can't be very addicted. I have seen drunks drive, but we have had a quantum shift to 'High' gear since drugs have been made legal. 'Don't mix drugs with smart phones' !

I also am not certain how this subject got here, except if it is a example of shortsighted thinking on the administrations part/ Another example might be the recent announcement of 25,000 migrant to be admitted. Quoting my wife she says they are going to give them $2,000 each cash and another $2,000 in a checking account let them in with little restraint, and do not test them for Covid. How does that make sense. What did they contribute? One bad after another.

Big hint! Never defend Drugs or Alcohol, it is not medicine!
I would personally rather see people use hemp products rather than the opioids that get pushed done the throats of Americans which results in addiction and later crime. But we can agree to disagree on that. Completely off topic but the pharmacy/medical world is all about money and addiction. I used to be a heavy user of alcohol and have sense quit. It about ruined my life. I won't support addiction legal or illegal. But I do think there are natural options that are much better and have way less consequences than the pills that doctors push. Spend some time in the VA. The almighty pill "fixes" everything. America thinks they have a "gun problem" when that is the least of their worries. It just not the money maker that they want to be associated with.

Be careful calling someone a geriatric old man. He is 5 weeks younger than I am.:D

In the strict definition, you are indeed geriatric. But if you know what day it is, today, and what day comes after today. You ain't senile! :D And don't forget, Biden is just the false front. There are people behind the curtain that run the controls. That's the dangerous terrifying part!

FOLKS....consider for a moment.

Post #9
…...until I see pen hit paper and cops show at my door I am not going to allow it to "scare me."

My Post #10
Every little thing…..Is gonna be alright.
Until it's not.
Meaning: Hummm...."....until I see pen hit paper and the cops show at my door". So post #10 was my response to the (what I call a) "complacent attitude" displayed in post #9. Don't get me wrong....I'm NOT saying that anyone or everyone has to care or give a $@^*. It's a free country.

BTW.....the song is IMHO.....a great one.

My Post #11
RASTAMAN.
Meaning: Rrrrright…..it's what Bob Marley (from post #10) is known for (besides his music). So he smokes MJ (as a "religious practice") and he likes being high. Yup. And then, it's been my observation that MJ smokers don't usually seem to care much (call it complacent perhaps) about anything except maybe getting/being high. MAYBE.....not to different, from the attitude in post #9? Complacent.

The Govt is more and more allowing for the recreational use of MJ so......
Hillary: What difference does it make?
The voters win some and lose some (or just lose). Cough, cough....
Meaning: Think maybe.....that it could be all part of the Govt's plan? Getting/keeping people high and addicted? Evidence: Decriminalization and subsidizing bad behavior. Why? So that those in Power (the Govt)….can F@^*s you/us over? Cough, cough.....is that cough from smoking or to express....some disbelief?

Post #12
Once again who cares if MJ is legal. Alcohol is legal and way more deadly and addictive. I don't see your point here.

My Post #14
HA, Ha, ha......put it down.
Meaning: I assume, that some of us do indulge. Even if only once in a while. So, put down (whatever it happens to be) take a break. Clear your head.

Do it for the kids.
Meaning: Kids learn a lot from their parents behaviors/addictions. Yeah…..the Anti- crowd uses that argument/reasoning a lot. Probably too much.

PS….look over here, not over there.
Meaning: Look at what The Govt. did for you. Rrrright....The Govt is allowing more people, more paths, to get high and addicted. You don't have to care about.....your guns. Or, how or why.....those that hold The Power is about to/going to screw you or the country over. Just sit back and be a good/compliant (or complacent) subject.

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top