JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've had three friends involved in a arm robbery in the Vancouver WA area. In all three cases there was three, or more suspects involved.

About 5 years ago I almost was also involved in a shoot out off of 112th, and burton. 12 gang banger looking guys with baseball bats, and stuff were chasing one guy in the middle of the street. Someone open fire. If I would have been drive through about a minute later I might have been in the middle of the shoot out. Luckily I was carrying my xdm45 with 3 13 round mags if it would have came to that.

I thanks you should carry what you are comfortable with.
You should have the understanding that most assaults are with 2, or more suspects.

These threads always crack me up, you see guys with thousands of posts and wonder how they can be such "experts" when all their time is spent having dumb *** arguments about the best caliber, glock vs 1911, my gun is lighter so therefore it's better. When the hell do they actually shoot their guns?

Fat mall ninjas carrying carrying glocks and 60+ rounds in loaded mags scare me more than the bad guys. When the bubblegum hits the fan these stupid idiots are gonna be throwing lead around not thinking about their background and gonna get innocent bystanders killed. Carrying more ammo makes some sense but if your not accurate with five rounds then you're not gonna be accurate with 60 rounds.

Shut the hell up, go out, shoot your gun and hope you never have to use it.

It would be easy to fall into the trap of being hostile in response to this post. As someone who carries a Glock (often with a spare magazine), I had to smile.

At the end of the day, nobody should really argue with the fact that putting rounds on target is more important than 1911 vs Glock, 9mm vs .45, spare or no spare, or what you put in your ghillie suit when you go to Mall 205. Shooting is important. Being in good shape is sensible for people who think of themselves as preppers. It would be hard to "bug out" if you couldn't walk to the end of the driveway without getting winded.

In the off chance that Jr1982 is JR... I hear they teach classes at Tri County...:)

These threads always crack me up, you see guys with thousands of posts and wonder how they can be such "experts" when all their time is spent having dumb *** arguments about the best caliber, glock vs 1911, my gun is lighter so therefore it's better. When the hell do they actually shoot their guns?

Fat mall ninjas carrying carrying glocks and 60+ rounds in loaded mags scare me more than the bad guys. When the bubblegum hits the fan these stupid idiots are gonna be throwing lead around not thinking about their background and gonna get innocent bystanders killed. Carrying more ammo makes some sense but if your not accurate with five rounds then you're not gonna be accurate with 60 rounds.

That's the oldest whine/line in the book when it comes to the internet.. I don't care if it's motorbikes, guns, or whatall.
Minutiae makes the world go 'round in many hobbies for about forever.
Before the internet there were things called "books" and "magazines" and before that, it still happened.
It's fun sometimes to offer the occasional tidbit of hard-fought knowledge and consider what the other guy might be saying or trying to say.
If you don't like it, go somewhere else.

These posters always crack me up! 48 posts, all but 1 in classified! Go criticize yourself sweetheart! Oh, by the way, Hate malls!

These posters always crack me up! 48 posts, all but 1 in classified! Go criticize yourself sweetheart! Oh, by the way, Hate malls!

Criticize myself? I tried that once. It's way more fun to criticize others, especially when they take themselves so seriously.

No offense was intended towards glock owners in my previous post. Not every glock owner is a mall ninja but almost every mall ninja carries a glock.

As you said shot placement is everything and small autos and revolvers are difficult to hit much beyond 7-10 yards in a fast moving environment and certainly making those ‘eyeball’ shots challenging.

Agreed. That is why I have CT lasergrips on my S&W 442 -- they are no substitute for lots of range time, but they take me from a mediocre point shooter to a halfway-decent one.

Your PHD needs to get out more.. small, low velocity calibers are famous for bouncing off hard bone like skulls.. also try hitting the head of a fast moving, shucking, jiving target who is popping shots at you..

If a 38 is great protection why do no cops carry them these days?

Actually, I have two cop buddies who do -- as their personal choice of backup guns. So in addition to the issued/approved semi-autos on their hip. One has S&W 360PD loaded w/ .357 mag which always lives in his vest, and the other has a 442 airweight .38 spec which lives in his front pocket. And both of them carry the 5-shot revolvers off duty -- not always, but sometimes. This is a choice I have emulated.

Criticize myself? I tried that once. It's way more fun to criticize others, especially when they take themselves so seriously.

No offense was intended towards glock owners in my previous post. Not every glock owner is a mall ninja but almost every mall ninja carries a glock.

No problem, when you need criticism I'm here to help! Got your back, man!

The ~Consumate~ End to this discussion, I watched tonight, on an Old B&W Movie, of Sherlock Holmes.

Both he And Dr. watson, both use revolvers, good enough for SH & Dr. W, good enough for me....

Written with a BIG sheet eating GRIN !!!!

Philip,
It must be true, I saw it In a Movie, in the Boondocks, of course !!!!

Actually, I have two cop buddies who do -- as their personal choice of backup guns. So in addition to the issued/approved semi-autos on their hip. One has S&W 360PD loaded w/ .357 mag which always lives in his vest, and the other has a 442 airweight .38 spec which lives in his front pocket. And both of them carry the 5-shot revolvers off duty -- not always, but sometimes. This is a choice I have emulated.

Key word... backup

Just seems like a stupid term when the Shinobi were some of the most feared warriors in all of history. Most of the SF use similar tactics and techniques.

They were feared. Then things like firearms, rifling, smokeless powder and expanding ammunition were invented. Anyone that believes a "ninja" vs. a gun is a fight at all needs to stop watching movies.

Also, the term is quite fitting. Kind of like "Armchair Commando" or "Weekend Warrior". The combination of "Mall" and "Ninja" is meant to show irony. But, inflection is lost on the internet, huh? I fear REAL commando's, just not a guy on a forum who's avatar name is "Commando".

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top