JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
1) Stockpile sealed food and water. Being foremost in the thoughts and prayers of other nations won't put food in your stomach for at least several days in the best of circumstances. Where I normally live, tsunamis aren't an issue, but flooding, tornadoes, and extreme winter conditions are. I will not survive the initial disaster only to starve in the aftermath. Furthermore, don't store it all in one place. Family, storage rental, or even a secret squirrel stash buried in the woods within a one day foot-travel distance can make the difference between between hoping someone feeds you before you starve versus being able to maintain your health and strength in an extreme situation. For these acute events, I'm a big fan of the lowly MRE, due to being able to consume it cold without added water if necessary (based on experience, hunger truly does make the best sauce). Having at least a week's worth of food and water for a household and extended local family is a must from my perspective.

Good advice. Read the rest here;

Mausers, Medicine, & Motorcycles: "It's On You"

just because you are paranoid doesnt mean they arent watching you,have a nice day.:s0131:

Yeah, and I bet those poor hungry, cold, thirsty folks in Japan tonight wish they too had been a wee bit more paranoid tooooooo. Remember, tis better to have and not need than to need and not have.

Had it just been an earthquake, preparing and being ready for that is one thing. But couple that with a Tsunami, where, not only is it a flood, but a 27ft wall of water that washes everything way, even all that stuff that you had saved and prepared. Heck, I saw a ferry on top of a 2 story building! They just rescued a guy on a roof, a couple of miles out in the ocean. Not saying don't be prepared, but I would also suggest, be prepared not to have what you saved, or at least think about the possibility.

Had it just been an earthquake, preparing and being ready for that is one thing. But couple that with a Tsunami, where, not only is it a flood, but a 27ft wall of water that washes everything way, even all that stuff that you had saved and prepared. Heck, I saw a ferry on top of a 2 story building! They just rescued a guy on a roof, a couple of miles out in the ocean. Not saying don't be prepared, but I would also suggest, be prepared not to have what you saved, or at least think about the possibility.

+1000

I think a lot of people put too much faith into the "stuff" portion of preparedness. You can buy enough food, medicine and ammo to last your family for years but none of that will matter if your house burns down, is looted, or whatever when SHTF. Taking a CPR class, staying fit, learning a martial art, going to the range often, **** even learning how to swim (I'm sure there were people in Japan that didn't) will help you as much any MRE or emergency blanket.

You are right. All of the "stuff" in the world will not help you if you are so out of shape you can not walk around the block.

I know several guys that have an arsenal of guns and ammo but they couldn't hit me walking up their driveway if their life depended on it!

What good is 10,000 rounds of ammo on stripper clips if you can't hit a target at 100 yards?

Get in shape and train, train, train!

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top