JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I tend to agree.....But isn't it fact that the humane brain is not fully developed, in many cases, at 18? Privileges due an adult also include cigarettes and alcohol. Now we have our so-called leaders in more than a couple of states wanting to raise the smoking age to 21. Are we sure these teeners will have the maturity and level headedness it takes to carry a firearm?
Not arguing to one side or the other, just throwing that out for debate.
My advocacy for excepting 18 year olds autonomy for "adult" activities comes only with their ability to go to and die in war. For me, the more obvious route would be to protect them from the horrors and potential death of war until they are able to enjoy all the miniscule offerings of adulthood. children are sent to war because the warmongers know they can be brainwashed into doing fearless and irrational things without thought whereas adults may hesitate and ponder the outcome.
Regardless of any poor choice that will considers an 18 year old self reliant. I do not condone the hypocrisy that will willingly kill your son or daughter but not allow them the full autonomy the rest of us enjoy.

Well, I hope they are more mature than I was at 18. I made many poor decisions back then. The thought of me carrying a gun around is a very scary thought.

Utah drops legal minimum age for concealed carry permit to 18

The new law, establishes a provisional permit system that those at least 18 but not yet 21 can use to carry a concealed handgun. The new law provides that residents 18-20 who apply will pay a $24.75 fee for the shall-issue permit with a mandate that it should be granted to a qualified applicant within 60 days. Nonresidents will pay an extra $10.

Would a Utah Non-Resident CHL for an 18 year old be recognized in Washington State?

Qualified applicants who are 18-20 would be granted, within 60 days, the Provisional Permit which expires when the holder reaches 21 years of age, at which point they could obtain a regular permit.

Unless your pencil pushers in Washington are extra stupid, all they have to do is not recognize the Utah Provisional Permit while still allowing the regular Utah permits issued to those who are 21 and over. The same as using your Idaho drivers license to buy cigarettes in Idaho, but not being allowed to in Oregon if SB754 passes.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top