JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Biggot, muslim-hater, non-progressive. !!!!!!!!!!!

Non progressive? Yes. Bigoted? probably, though I beleive all races and creeds are. Muslim hater? No, I have always believed that 99.999% of people of all cultures of this world just want to be left in peace to go about there lives, Muslims are no exception. I've personally never meet a Muslim that wasn't a kind and gentle personality

Nice try CEF, but I don't have a dog in that fight. The Muslim's hate us because we support the Israeli's. If we stop sending money to the Israeli's, they will hate us also.

Hehehe. Having encouraged this gun-related discussion, I'll step off. Enjoy, y'all. A healthy debate is... well.... healthy. :p But, hey, at least it's gun related.

CEF1959......You remind me of an old girlfriend. You could have at least asked us " was it good for you ? "

:s0112:

I'm done supporting Israel. They have only complicated our positions elsewhere.

Not to mention that they've attacked an American ship in the past and it was less than an accident.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Liberty_incident

God bless America, but we've had a history of choosing dubious friends.

TheUSS Liberty incident happened during the Six-Day War in 1967 off the coast of Egypt, it was a case of mistaken identity that is hardly a conspiracy.

That's like saying friendly fire deaths against US solders were some kind of conspiracy.

And what's up with this in international waters anyway?
Ignore your AIPAC email alerts and talking points. Think for yourself.
No knowledge whatsoever of the true nature of the cargo yet,...
Patience needs to rule the day at this point.
There was a blockade, and for good reason, and the Turkish ship captain(s) knew it and decided to run it.
They knew they were going to be boarded for no less than an inspection. That's what blockades are for, and that's what those that place them do.

There were alternatives to the route through diplomatic channels that could have been taken.

Try thinking for yourself CEF!

the Israelis offered the flotilla a peaceful way to resolve the conflict. They proposed that the ships dock at Israel’s southern port of Ashdod and unload their cargo there. The Israelis pledged to transfer all truly humanitarian cargo to Gaza. They simply wanted to screen the cargo first so that they could ensure that no arms or explosives were hidden among the food and other legitimate items. This offer was flatly rejected.

Only then — when faced with the declared intention of these ships to break Israel’s security blockade of Gaza – did Israel decide to board the ships and bring them to Ashdod by force. To do otherwise would have been to allow Israel’s opponents to dictate Israel’s security policy. The Gaza strip is controlled by Hamas, a terrorist organization openly committed to Israel’s destruction. As the constant smuggling of arms and rockets into Gaza – and their repeated use by Hamas — makes clear, Israel has every right and reason to screen shipments going into Gaza.

So long as the Israeli soldiers who boarded these boats were met by peaceful protests, no one was hurt. Of the six ships in the flotilla, Israeli naval forces boarded five of them without incident. Only on one ship – the Marmara — did Israeli soldiers harm passengers. Why did they do so? As videos taken by Israel’s navy since made clear, the Israelis boarding this particular ship met with instant and vicious violence. As the Israeli soldiers were lowered one-by-one onto the ship by helicopter, they were assaulted by an angry mob that beat them with metal rods and knives, threw them off the sides of the deck, and reportedly stole their handguns and shot at them. What awaited the Israelis was a lynch mob, pure and simple. Only after the mob began using deadly force did the Israelis respond with deadly force to save their lives.

Smuggling rockets to Hamas? That could never happen, who would do such a thing....... It's as unlikely as Hamas shooting rockets at Israel. I mean that war ended 14 months ago right? Well accept that rocket they shot at Israel last month.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/03/19/world/middleeast/19gaza.html

Lets get real here folks Israel has a right to protect themselves.

I ask the people that think the Israelis were too harsh this question. What would you do if you boarded that ship and were assaulted by a mob with steel pipes? Would you lay there and die like a politically correct puppet or would you start shooting? How about if you were in the chopper watching it happen? would you leave your rifle on safe and watch your comrades get beaten to death?

The truth is anyone of you regardless of leftist or rightist leanings would have killed to save yourselves and/or your friends.

Some of you guys amaze me! what world do you live in? this wasn't the good ship lollipop they boarded where they all join hands and sing happy happy joy joy songs!

19gazaspan-cnd-articleLarge.jpg

Here is one point: if this is a crowd control situation, more akin to a protest than a spec ops raid, why was the Israeli SEAL-type force involved? There has to be a more appropriate "hearts and minds" type-force for something like this, rather than some straight-up warriors. :huh:

And how often are special forces guys trained in the use of things like nonlethal intervention?

BTW, anybody know if the paintguns had pepperballs?

Israel has become a rogue state. The occupation of Palestine is illegal by international law. The blockade is illegal by international law. The boarding of another country’s ship on the high seas is illegal by international law. Killing civilians is illegal by international law. Most of the rest of the world realizes that and is outraged by Israel’s latest barbaric act. Not so here because our media and our government is controlled by the Zionists. But don’t take just my word for it:

"We control America"

"Every time we do something you tell me America will do this and will do that . . . I want to tell you something very clear: Don't worry about American pressure on Israel. We, the Jewish people, control America, and the Americans know it."

- Israeli Prime Minister, Ariel Sharon, October 3, 2001.

You can’t be in the House or Senate and say anything critical of anything Israel does or AIPAC will target your seat in the next election by giving whoever your opponent is millions of dollars to defeat you.

AIPAC also gives millions to politicians that vote the Israeli line. They give millions to politicians and Israel gets many more millions of our taxpayer dollars in return ($7,000.000 per day in military aid alone.) They use our money to keep up their slow motion ethnic cleansing of the Palestinian people.

Both the Bush administration and Obama’s are infested with dual American/Israeli citizenship double agents starting with Rahm Emanuel. This used to be called a “Fifth Column.”

Zionists also control public opinion in the U.S. through ownership of the major media beginning with FOX news. Wolf Blitzer used to be the Public Affairs Officer of AIPAC. So while the rest of the world is outraged by the ongoing crimes of Israel here we get apologists or just admirers of bloodlust like Trism.

I often hear my fellow Americans parroting the propaganda cliché, “Israel has a right to exist.” I used to believe this also, but now I feel that if a country quacks like a Nazi and walks like a Nazi it should forfeit that right.

Status

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads