JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I haven't discussed tactics at all in this thread.

As for my training of various sorts:

- many years of open hand, primarily TKD early on.
- private firearms instruction from 2 sources
- PSTC courses

I have never been mil or LE. Because of friendships made through past work and social circles, I've had many opportunities to talk shop with friends with LE (local and Federal) backgrounds as well as military service and contract work. I have (and occasionally still do) shot with folks with special operations backgrounds.

My background doesn't make me any kind of "operator". I don't have any illusions about that. I'm just a guy.

...who has had a lot of opportunities to learn what is myth vs reality, from people who have witnessed it first hand.

"Fighting your way to a long gun" is not a reality, again, excepting rare LE incidents.

So basically you are just posting an opinion like everyone else:D We each have our own way.

Oregonhunter5,
I know it was a figure of speech but it is/was wrong thinking/divorced from reality to think everyone (essentially anyone) carries "AR's" down the street. Not a single soul does that and the thread is about political street murder of unsuspecting souls.. in case you didn't quite gather that.

Oregonhunter5,
I know it was a figure of speech but it is/was wrong thinking/divorced from reality to think everyone (essentially anyone) carries "AR's" down the street. Not a single soul does that and the thread is about political street murder of unsuspecting souls.. in case you didn't quite gather that.
I bet your a peach of a person to live with. For the slower deaf folks let's change my original post. I would be scared if I were one of those Isis folks trying to grab a NWFA member, with all the gun skills and whatever the packing.

I bet your a peach of a person to live with. For the slower deaf folks let's change my original post. I would be scared if I were one of those Isis folks trying to grab a NWFA member, with all the gun skills and whatever the packing.
Well then why didn't you say so.. it was the quip about AR's/street innocents/assassination that I had issue with.

Something being realistic or not isn't a matter of opinion. "Fighting to a long gun" does not happen. That is not my opinion. It's reality.

Some people realize a rifle is a far better weapon than a handgun but not allways at hand. So they carry a handgun to defend themselves until they get to their rifle. If you need the rifle odds are you will have to fight on your way to retrieve it.

I really don't have the answer to a handgun vs a riffle first. But in the movies, :) it seems they start with the rifles. Then when they are backed In a corner, seemingly about to get shot, they pull the pistol out.
Maybe some on here are thinking about home protection. In that case, it's the tactical 12 gauge. Then my glocks, or 1911's, or AR pistol.

If the handgun were the better weapon the military would issue them as the primary pdw. The cops carry a rifle in their cars in case they need one. People should be armed with no less than what the cops have because we all fight the same criminals. Just my opinion, I am done with this thread.:D

Some people realize a rifle is a far better weapon than a handgun but not allways at hand. So they carry a handgun to defend themselves until they get to their rifle. If you need the rifle odds are you will have to fight on your way to retrieve it.

EVERYBODY knows long guns are better weapons than handguns. Nobody is disputing that.

What I am correctly repeating is that, in the real world, nobody actually fights their way to a long gun. That's not opinion. It does not happen.

Hooked on phonics. Google it. It might help you..
Yea it reely heped mee and cause uv it I kin rite real purdy sayins n stuff lik that section uv Reeders Dygest magazeen called 'Tord mor pitchuresk Speech' so heer ar ma own:

A gentil rain a fallin' lik a kow pizzin on flat rock

Anthills are th' beeutiful breasts of natchurs body

Truk hedlights a' cornholin' the evil darkness

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads