JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
There is a rifle in my truck and if I happen to be close to it I'm going to use the pistol as cover fire until I have access to said rifle

I use my hi-cap 9mm to fight to my 9mm rifle!:rolleyes:

PS: Actually, I have long had the mindset that, in the right circumstance, I would use my pistol to reach the rifle. Last week we went on a three day trip and for the first time left the Mini-14 at home and took my carry, single stack, 9mm and my Berretta with extra mags. So, now I'll be fighting with my pistol to reach my pistol!
Heck with ISIS! Stay alert, watch your back, vote for a President that will nuke them back to the middle ages.......Oh, wait! That's not gonna work is it?

Last Edited:
There is a rifle in my truck and if I happen to be close to it I'm going to use the pistol as cover fire until I have access to said rifle

This requires bad guys pursuing you while you shoot at them.

I'm not disputing that long guns are superior to handguns. I'm not disputing that some people may keep long guns accessible.

My whole point is that bad guys don't chase people who are shooting at them, which means that our reality is that we will be limited to use of what we have on us.

I hammer this point repeatedly to promote the practice of thinking about our carry systems and really considering what we want to be holding when confronted with a life threatening scenario.

All too often, there is a disconnect evident when people establish carry habits. Sticking a primary weapon in an ankle holster, burying a weapon under too much clothing, choosing a pistol because "it's small" instead of because of how well it lends itself to being used in a fight, etc. We are well served to think about things like effectiveness and speed of access.

This requires bad guys pursuing you while you shoot at them.

I'm not disputing that long guns are superior to handguns. I'm not disputing that some people may keep long guns accessible.

My whole point is that bad guys don't chase people who are shooting at them, which means that our reality is that we will be limited to use of what we have on us.

I hammer this point repeatedly to promote the practice of thinking about our carry systems and really considering what we want to be holding when confronted with a life threatening scenario.

All too often, there is a disconnect evident when people establish carry habits. Sticking a primary weapon in an ankle holster, burying a weapon under too much clothing, choosing a pistol because "it's small" instead of because of how well it lends itself to being used in a fight, etc. We are well served to think about things like effectiveness and speed of access.

Ok, I like that. It's well reasoned. But, senerios can change and if I'm at home I will be going for a long gun, be it rifle or shotgun. Which I go for depends upon my location in the house.

even as US airstrikes continued to pound Islamic State positions in Syria, the terror organization is advancing on the Syrian town of Kobani, where as many as 400,000 residents and refugees are holed up
Boy Obama is doing a great job

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads