JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Many hate to admit it for whatever reason but the handgun is the queen of our present "battleground"..
yea, a rifle is way more powerful ! and stuff.. but it's not generally to hand at all. and so you're done with with that mindset
Some people are felons and will poopoo a handgun.. since they can't carry one or maybe they can't shoot one accurately. whatever

Many hate to admit it for whatever reason but the handgun is the queen of our present "battleground"..
yea, a rifle is way more powerful ! and stuff.. but it's not generally to hand at all. and so you're done with that mindset

Guess that is why the cops grab a rifle first if given a choice, no need for the queen when you have the king on the battlefield.:D

Guess that is why the cops grab a rifle first if given a choice, no need for the queen when you have the king on the battlefield.:D
Yea right.. grab a cop off the street why don't ya.. you'll get ventilated with a handgun before you can blink.. no need to run away to grab an AR.

So the moral of the story is, don't walk down the street (so that you don't get "grabbed").. unless you are carrying a rifle. lol. especially in Idaho land

:D So which is it? I did say "some of us".

Should be evident. If you're LE, it's an incredibly unlikely possibility. If you're not, it is statistically a zero.

Even in an LE context, it probably only comes up if you run into a cop hating felon during a traffic stop, with that offender being so determined to kill you that he actively pursued you as you retreat to the trunk area. You can not "fight your way to a long gun" without meeting an attacker who literally pursues you through gunfire.

How often does that happen?

Well, NYPD is the largest PD in the US. It hasn't happened there at all in at least the past 5 years. That's just one example.

If you are LE, you should be well aware of how rare that type of situation is.

It is a nearly universal truth that you use what you have.

Should be evident. If you're LE, it's an incredibly unlikely possibility. If you're not, it is statistically a zero.

Even in an LE context, it probably only comes up if you run into a cop hating felon during a traffic stop, with that offender being so determined to kill you that he actively pursued you as you retreat to the trunk area. You can not "fight your way to a long gun" without meeting an attacker who literally pursues you through gunfire.

How often does that happen?

Well, NYPD is the largest PD in the US. It hasn't happened there at all in at least the past 5 years. That's just one example.

If you are LE, you should be well aware of how rare that type of situation is.

It is a nearly universal truth that you use what you have.

since you are posting with what tactics others should use maybe you could tell us where you got your training.

since you are posting with what tactics others should use maybe you could tell us where you got your training.

I haven't discussed tactics at all in this thread.

As for my training of various sorts:

- many years of open hand, primarily TKD early on.
- private firearms instruction from 2 sources
- PSTC courses

I have never been mil or LE. Because of friendships made through past work and social circles, I've had many opportunities to talk shop with friends with LE (local and Federal) backgrounds as well as military service and contract work. I have (and occasionally still do) shot with folks with special operations backgrounds.

My background doesn't make me any kind of "operator". I don't have any illusions about that. I'm just a guy.

...who has had a lot of opportunities to learn what is myth vs reality, from people who have witnessed it first hand.

"Fighting your way to a long gun" is not a reality, again, excepting rare LE incidents.

yeabut what about ".All them crazy NWFA members puttin a clinic on them with there AR's."? while they are innocently sauntering down the street?

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top