JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
@mjbskwim I feel like you're baiting me into a Crocodile Dundee scenario.... For now I'll just say when I said it I meant it in a very dictionary definition; an array of resources available for a certain purpose.

If you've the resources, and haven't allready, include a suppressor for .22lr. Would be handy (I'd imagine), for training folk who have no experience with firearms & still maintaining a low profile.

-We haven't gone suppressed, but do hope to. Other things on the radar ATM.

My rural South County area of Central Oregon I believe is ideal for staying in place. Like minded community, natural resources nearby and relatively low population density and probably most importantly an area that is known for long term residents who are typically outdoor oriented AND tend to have VERY 'anti' attitudes......

@mjbskwim I feel like you're baiting me into a Crocodile Dundee scenario.... For now I'll just say when I said it I meant it in a very dictionary definition; an array of resources available for a certain purpose.
No baiting,the left would say 4-5 guns,what most on here have. What I might have in my truck for hunting purposes.
"Arsenal" being used sounds like bravado to me.
Just sayino_O

I live in West Portland and my neighbors idea (s) of bugging in is (are) to go to a hotel. I think for the most part they are sheep, weak minded, fearful, inadequate and mass groupies. I'd rely on my family about 1 mile away.

Usefulness of neighbors could really depend on the situation we find ourselves in...

In general I figure Im about 50/50

I would consider my bug in plan something like hiding in plain sight. We have a good 3 months supply probably and each member of the household has access to comms & weapon.

I also have my inlaws a few blocks away who are also somewhat prepared. Lots of those freeze dried bucket packs, etc. Also armed, but not experienced at all with them.

We both have corner lots and potentially face a lot of traffic as our neighborhood is in between a large mall and other shopping/commercial spots.

I have one neighbor who I know is a good guy and is armed for sure and probably has an adequate supply of food, etc.
Another neighbor I suspect is like minded in this way, but I have never mentioned prepping, shooting, etc. He seems reliable, wife seems to be a capable person... kids same age as mine.

There are a couple of other houses that seem legit, but we have never really interacted at all... least of all in a manner conducive to bringing up 'how much food and ammo ya got?'

There are unfortunately a few houses up the street that we call 'junkie houses' ... for obvious reasons. These people WILL be an issue in the case of any prolonged breakdown. Add that to a couple of long-vacant homes (abandoned & unlisted bank-owned) as well as more sketchy guys down the other road...... and its really a mixed bag. I suspect my immediate neighbors will be solid. My inlaws are in of course & they have reliable neighbors as well.

How do you bring up the subject with your neighbors? o_O

It would seem a mix of trying to size them up and gauge their willingness to combine forces if needed and not wanting to give up too much of your own information at the same time...

I live in a fairly small village. More rural Americans would probably call a NY village of a few thousand a "town" or even a "city". Its a mix of quiet residential streets and rural farming. The downsides are a juvenile detention facility a mile down the road and an expanding section 8 complex a couple of miles further down the road. As long as transportation holds out, we are only an hours drive from major crime center cities in upstate NY like Syracuse and Binghamton. We'd ultimately have to address such issues. Being located in the same county as a major Ivy league University that focuses on agricultural issues, I think we still have an advantage in terms of a knowledge base in my area that would help us pull through a crisis, be able to feed and fend for ourselves, etc. I think the liberals would be in for a steep learning curve, but I hope that they would either wake up and change their mindset and pitch in, flee the area or even more simply, not survive a major calamity.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top