JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The Glock is boring, it does not have curb appeal. People get them, never have issues, but sell them off for less practical stuff all the time. The 19 specifically is a great compromise of weight, size, shootability, ease of carry, dependability, but the trigger is not great, the factory signs are plastic, and it is boring. It is not outdated, it is boring. All that being said my go to gun is a 19 inside a high end leather IWB.

Yes, it is.

I will post the armory address tomorrow for return of your existing Glock 19 units.

You can sent your obsolete Glock 19 units to:

Volks Pistole Re-education Project
A CityNearMe, California 94565

From a 2A social justice perspective, these units will be donated to less fortunate Noobies who don't know any better and have to start somewhere.

:s0060:

Last Edited:
Nope,I had both. I shot the Glock 19's way better than the Glock 48 I had.
The G48 was too thin, the G19 fit my hands much better.

I think this is likely the crux of the issue. Once again, it comes down to individual preference.

I've got big gorilla paws; even on my Glock 17 MOS I have the largest backstraps to feel like I have a solid grip. Single stack, narrower guns just don't feel as solid to me.

Now, that said - does that mean I won't concealed carry my M&P Shield 9? No, it's great for concealed carry. Could I replace it with a G48? I probably could. But I'm fine with the Shield. Again, though, I carry the Shield for defensive concealed carry purposes, and I do have that extended mag so my pinky can still get in on the grip. It's not as solid as the G17 in my hand, but I've practiced with it enough so that I feel confident that it will do what I need it to, as long as I do my part.

If I wanted to conceal carry the G17 around, I suppose I could - though with a weapon light and RMR on it, it would be tricky (at least when not wearing a coat of some sort) not to print with it.

If I wanted something in between the G17 and the Shield, I'd consider the 48, but those two seem to fit the bill for me for now.

Why have a Glock when you can have a P22x SIG?

That said, the 19 and 48 are different guns, I don't think one makes the other obsolete/etc.

ob·so·lete
/ˌäbsəˈlēt/

adjective
no longer produced or used; out of date.
"the disposal of old and obsolete machinery"

Why have a Glock when you can have a P22x SIG?

That said, the 19 and 48 are different guns, I don't think one makes the other obsolete/etc.

ob·so·lete
/ˌäbsəˈlēt/

adjective
no longer produced or used; out of date.
"the disposal of old and obsolete machinery"
I've been wanting to get into three gun, and was looking at the Glock 34, at $700+, I'll get a Sig226 or the Glock 17.

I've been wanting to get into three gun, and was looking at the Glock 34, at $700+, I'll get a Sig226 or the Glock 17.

My Mk25 is my favorite defensive handgun, and I improved it by adding a .40 conversion kit - now it can shoot either 9mm or .40. I have had much better luck picking up affordable .40 ammo than I have 9mm. I have enough of the latter, but more than enough of the former at good prices.

Should SHTF I can shoot up the .40 and fall back to 9mm when the .40 is exhausted, but I doubt either will happen - I would prefer to be over-supplied in the rifle defensive calibers than handgun.

My Mk25 is my favorite defensive handgun, and I improved it by adding a .40 conversion kit - now it can shoot either 9mm or .40. I have had much better luck picking up affordable .40 ammo than I have 9mm. I have enough of the latter, but more than enough of the former at good prices.

Should SHTF I can shoot up the .40 and fall back to 9mm when the .40 is exhausted, but I doubt either will happen - I would prefer to be over-supplied in the rifle defensive calibers than handgun.
22lr, 9mm, 5.56/223, 7.62/308 are the first to disappear. 40 followed by 45 after the others. The larger heavier recoiling calibers will be the last to disappear and the first to return. At this point, I don't even own a 9mm.

The 34 has a longer sight radius than the 17, and comes with the (-) 3.5lb connector installed. It was built specifically for competition. But you might look for a 17 long slide... they have even more sight radius.

I'd have to try the trigger on a Sig226, cuz Glock triggers suck no matter what you do to them. I'm goin back to a 9mm 2011.

I hope G19s aren't obsolete... I'd hate to think that the one I gave my stepdaughter got thrown away! :(

The replacement EDC I bought is a Ruger SR9c... it is slightly shorter, and thinner than the 19. Comes with a 10rd and a 17rd mag. I carry with the 10 installed, and two 17rd mags on the offside. And since I like the fatter grip of the 19, I put a Hogue wrap on it for that just right feel.

The 34 has a longer sight radius than the 17, and comes with the (-) 3.5lb connector installed. It was built specifically for competition. But you might look for a 17 long slide... they have even more sight radius.

I'd have to try the trigger on a Sig226, cuz Glock triggers suck no matter what you do to them. I'm goin back to a 9mm 2011.
I almost pulled the trigger on a NIB Glock17 gen3 Saturday. I didn't want to roll the background delay dice since the gun shop was an hour away.

I almost pulled the trigger on a NIB Glock17 gen3 Saturday. I didn't want to roll the background delay dice since the gun shop was an hour away.

If you get one, change the connector right away. And do the 25 cent trigger job. The original trigger is reliable, but not much fun to shoot in competition.

If you get one, change the connector right away. And do the 25 cent trigger job. The original trigger is reliable, but not much fun to shoot in competition.
Part of me kind of wants to use my standard 1911, and use it more for training, not necessarily competition.

Nothing better than the 1911 trigger!!!
Especially when the whole gun is worked over by Wilson Combat.

***Edit***

22lr, 9mm, 5.56/223, 7.62/308 are the first to disappear. 40 followed by 45 after the others. The larger heavier recoiling calibers will be the last to disappear and the first to return. At this point, I don't even own a 9mm.

Agreed, but I think it is all about popularity.

IME the .40 recoil is much closer to 9mm than it is to .45, even with the same mass projectile at the same velocity (I compared my Mk 25 in .40 with 180 gr @1010 fps to a P227 with 185 gr .45 ACP at 1050 fps and to the Mk25 in 9mm 115 gr at 1150 fps). Apparently there is more to recoil than just mass and velocity - there is sectional density and bore and case capacity and powder burning rate and a number of other factors.

This is why I like the .40; it has similar velocity for the same projectile to the .45 ACP with a better sectional density (better penetration) and much less recoil. The advantage of the 9mm, is that with the same gun, the mags usually hold significantly more ammo.

That's something else I forgot; I have a .22 conversion for my Mk25 too, and much more of that ammo than anything else.

A while back I was under the impression that a .22 conversion for a defensive pistol was not very usable - a purpose made rimfire pistol was better for hunting, and the .22 RF didn't give you the recoil of the centerfire cartridge, so why practice with it?

But then I tried one out and found that the pure technique components of shooting were easier to focus on with the .22 - e.g., trigger and hold technique. I didn't tire as much, it was more fun to shoot, and of course, it was much less expensive to shoot, so I shoot more, helping improving my technique.

Then there is the introduction of inexperienced shooters - they do much better with .22 to start with, then can carry that over to light 9mm, then .40, then .45.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top