JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just curious if anyone is dumping their Glock 19 for the new Glock 48.

I am thinking weight savings, slimmer profile, and the all new Shield Arms 15 round magazine give the G48 advantage over the G19.

Is the Glock 19 now obsolete?

What are your thoughts?

Thanks,
LightX

A little too little a little too late, Glock should have listened to people and came out with the G48 25 years ago. As is, I won't be changing over because 1) I don't use any mags other than Glock factory mags, including 15, 17 and 33 rounders. 2) I already have a ton of said mags, holsters and spare parts for my current Glocks. 3) I have a G43 if I need something smaller.

If I was starting out today with nothing I'd consider the G48 over the G19, maybe, as it sits I'm not converting and will stick with the G19/26.

If Glock came out with factory 15 round 48 magazines, maybe.

The 19 simply fits some people's hands perfectly and is likely never going to go away.

For a Glock, G19s are great and will be highly sought after for years to come. Bazillions of G19 mags and holsters are already on the street so it'll probably stay right at the top of the concealed carry popularity list no matter what else Gaston's kids come up with.

I really liked my G19s over the years but prefer G43s these days :eek:

The thing I don't like about the G19x is the stupid tit below the front strap necessitating a special magazine, the G45 is an improvement, but I'll still stick with the G19

If you just change your baseplates on your Glock 19X magazines for a $3.50 GLOCK 9/40/357 MAG FLOOR PLATE OLD STYLE, then you would not have to be annoyed by the G19X lip on the grip.

You may still be annoyed that you had to buy something to fix something but it still 'solves' the annoyance of using different generation mags.

If you just change your baseplates on your Glock 19X magazines for a $3.50 GLOCK 9/40/357 MAG FLOOR PLATE OLD STYLE, then you would not have to be annoyed by the G19X lip on the grip.

You may still be annoyed that you had to buy something to fix something but it still 'solves' the annoyance of using different generation mags.

Then I'd have too change out a lot of base plates and that adds up. I'd probably just cut the lip off or as mentioned go with a G45, but in truth I prefer the shorter grip of the G19 due to better concealability.
https://www.alloutdoor.com/2018/01/08/glock-19x-magazine-compatibility-issues/

Glock talk is always fun.

Regarding the post topic - I've got 'em both.

I got lucky a while back and found a G19.3 with the frying-pan finish - nice looking pistol. Staged for home defense and love to take to the range. I'll be keeping it, "fur shure".

I purchased a 43X about a year ago. At the end of the summer I swapped slides with a forum member who had a G48.

With the Shield mags (which have run flawless for me with several hundred rounds down range) there IS a significant difference between the G48 and G19 in concealability ... for ME. But I'm heavy set and carry OWB. So for others there might not be any advantage with the G48 configured with the Shield 15 mag, over a standard G19.

YMMV.

It really is amazing how much of a difference a 1/4 inch in width and a 1/4 lb in weight can make (again, for me). I'm sure a lot of it is psychological, but ounces and inches count.

Bottom line is that the Shield Arms 15-round, flush fit mag was a game changer for me in terms of EDC.

I buy every gen3 G19 I find for $400 or under. I've traded them "up" for some cool guns of modesty higher value. Last time I got a milled reciever Draco, straight trade.

Btw ,I believe the manual transmission automobile has been obsolete for decades.
Know what I mean? Nudge nudge wink wink.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top