JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yeah, probably. In the next couple years, definitely not. How many people already pay with card instead of cash? Do much of their shopping online? Pay their mortgage, utilities, insurance, etc? Just need to keep normalizing e money and wait for the boomers/gen x to die and it won't even be difficult. Especially if/when the dollar takes a giant turd in the bed and people need something worth more than what zimbabwe/post ww1 Germany had.

COVID sure helped push things in that direction. It certainly makes it easier for governments existing to control, and I'm sure leftists rub one out twice a day thinking about it, but we're not there yet.

Also, depends on how you define "near." A generation or two? Maybe.

They have been trying for a good while but, the criminal element will be the big fight on this. They have a LOT of money at stake and if they need to they will start to use it to bribe law makers. Until they find a digital system the corner meth head can use they need cash :s0140:

These are the same people that pushed "The Next Ice Age" warning in the 70's.

Are more people are becoming familiar with the concept, yes but it I don't think it will switch over this generation.

No, but they sure would like to. Banks make out big time when cash goes away because they can manage the same flow with fewer employees and resources. Government, which already exerts so much control over banks that I just think of banks as defacto government agents, makes out big time when cash goes away because they then have full control through the banks on any individuals primary means of procuring goods and services.

There is actually a think tank/lobby about this. Been around for a number of years, kind of tracking the "get rid of cash" push.
Kind of cute that their site requires scripting and has obnoxious animations. :D

And no, I'd like to have some of my money in a form that can't be erased by a hacker, big brother or the sun. Also I don't like the idea of other people being able to track all of my purchases. Not their business. I know that there are practical limits, and I don't currently go very far to work around those, but if the powers that be make it worth the effort, I'll probably move my money into something more under my control.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top