JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It's one thing to disagree, another to throw verbal bombshell to get people going. Yes, that IS called trolling! The purpose is no more than to start arguments and you know it!!

I've been where you seem to be pardner. We all get intransigent as we age. But, IMO you have appointed yourself saviour and want to ride in and kick some butt just like Mohammed did when he rode back into Mecca. Made true believers out of all there. Look how that turned out. So what if you are educated? So what if you have experience? You make all those claims and the result is you appear to be condescending.

You want to fall on your sword? Well, it's really not your job to get people talking, to wake people up, to correct people you think are wrong (spelling included), to FIX anyone whatsoever. IMO the only legitimate role here is to share opinions. You don't want to play Mayberry RFD like, we can fix that right quick.

Aren't you the self-righteous one? Whee!

Thanks Captain O.
That is my favorite rifle I own.
I have taken many a deer , grouse and a few elk and bear with it.
Quite a few rifle matches won as well.

bbass,
.36 is a excellent caliber as well.
I do not a rifle in it however.
I do have a .32 and .38 caliber antique rifles that shoot very nicely.
Andy

Thanks Captain O.

bbass,
Andy

What kind of accuracy at 100 yards does that rifle obtain?

Small enough groups to win me a match or a few ...
Good enough for me to understand that with my load and eyes , that 100 yards is about my ethical limit for hunting.
Sorry I do not have any show and tell targets or measurements...
Andy

Not trying to pick a fight but your statement is hard to fathom.

Physics require the same force to be applied to you as your target.

So unless the only way to fire your rifle is prone or leaning into it at 45 degrees, I have some doubts about it knocking a 200lb man on his arse in body armor.

No, I'm not volunteering to try it out:p. You could put 200lbs of sand behind a chest plate and see how far it moves the sandbags if you really care if it will or won't.

Just don't want you to have an expectation of flying bodies if you ever have to bust it out for defense.
HA, I think I miss spoke! I was referring to hitting some one wearing body armor and knocking them down! No, it likely will not pick them up and toss them back, but it will certainly knock them off balance or drop them to a knee! Hollywood has really over done the gun shot dramatics and non gun people think this is what happens. Reality is, most of the time, the one being shot just drops! With a "hard" obstacle like body armor, the kinetics tend to convert impact energy into motion and thats when you get movement! The bigger and heaver the bullet, the more kinetic energy is applied.

I humped a M1 and then a M-14 for three years with the 4th Infantry and it did not kill me. I do not favor the 5.56 MM cartridge for a military cartridge. Every time they really want to kill someone at longish range, over 200 yards, it is not with a 5.56 MM!

I hunt big deer and elk. IMHO, the M16 is not in the running for a 400 deer and elk cartridge, sorry.

Love my AR (Got a Ruger gas piston gun now), and all of my earlier DI ARs. Great guns and fun and inexpensive to shoot. Just recently got my first AK. I have to admit that I like the feel of that wood stock and fore-grip. Don't really prefer either of them over the other. I just know that when I get out shooting, I take both along. Don't really have much use for a bolt gun. To each his own, I guess.

Thanks Captain O.

bbass,
Andy

I would have one but they are so expensive.

They can be bbbass.
One option is to build your own , or remodel / rebuild someone's kit they gave up on.
The Monroe Black powder gun show every 2nd weekend in March is a good place to go.
Also The GunWorks in Springfield Oregon is an excellent place to shop.
If you are ever up my way , you are more than welcome to have turn with it ...
Andy

They can be bbbass.
One option is to build your own , or remodel / rebuild someone's kit they gave up on.
The Monroe Black powder gun show every 2nd weekend in March is a good place to go.
Also The GunWorks in Springfield Oregon is an excellent place to shop.
If you are ever up my way , you are more than welcome to have turn with it ...
Andy
Sure do love the old front stuffers. It's all about the smoke and fire! I hunt with a modern inline every year for Elk. Gotta find a nice kit some day soon! I love that pict you posted, thats exactly what I would like to have some day! Thanks for sharing the photo of your baby!

You are welcome Ura-Ki.
Hope someday we can meet up so you can shoot it...
Andy
I would love that! I will bring my baby for you to try out. It's a replica 1855 colt revolving rifle that's actually safe to shoot! Probably one of Sam Colts finest ideas. 4513b_1.jpg

Very cool rifle Ura-Ki
Thank you . That would be fun.
Have you read The Prairie Traveler by Capt. Randolph Marcy?
It was printed in 1859 and he has nothing but good to say about Colt and his guns.
Marcy really loved the Colt Revolving Rifle.
Andy

Very cool rifle Ura-Ki
Thank you . That would be fun.
Have you read The Prairie Traveler by Capt. Randolph Marcy?
It was printed in 1859 and he has nothing but good to say about Colt and his guns.
Marcy really loved the Colt Revolving Rifle.
Andy
I read that back in grade school, it was part of grand dads library, and thus, required reading! I grew up speaking Colt and Grand Dad made sure I got to know all about the Good Colonel. I really love the Revolving rifle idea, I have an original I found at an estate sale way back when. That clinched it for me even as a kid! Funny a kid of 15 could buy something like that and no one asked any questions. The people at the sale made sure I was told several times that it was not safe to shoot that rifle. That's probably why they had no problem selling it to me! Cost me $75;00 plus buyers fee of $3:00

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top