JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Welcome to the risks of the late 20th and early 21st century. If you're fool enough to risk it, have your life insurance in order. (Having sex with a Tijuana pro, is akin to playing "Russian Roulette" with a self-loading pistol).

There goes that vacation...

:s0113:

Looking to contract HIV? 75-80% of the prostitutes in Tijuana are infected. Sad that some people need to patronize "Las Putas".

Welcome to the risks of the late 20th and early 21st century. If you're fool enough to risk it, have your life insurance in order. (Having sex with a Tijuana pro, is akin to playing "Russian Roulette" with a self-loading pistol).

Ahhh man, don't be so serious! It's a joke! I hope.....

Been a lot of years, but I spent one day as a tourist in Tj. Filthy dirty and scary. But I'm not sorry I went. I appreciated seeing how this part of the world lives.

One day was enough. I appreciate hearing that things have improved in Tj, but that's not reason enough for me to ever need to return, so I never will.

And in later years, I view Mexico as a scary place in general, and I've vowed to never visit. Never say never. I did spend one day in Cozumel this year. It was actually decent. As long as I stayed on the tour bus, or close to the other tourists, I didn't feel unsafe.

Jamaica was scarier.

WAYNO.

Last Edited:
I try to understand thee different perspectives but I dont think Ive ever been afraid to go anywhere or do anything. Different ways to live I suppose.

Are you supposed to tip the donkey ?

Havent been there in years and I had always heard about donkey shows but thought they were BS. Until I saw one a couple of blocks off Revolución. The real nasty part wasnt the girl harnessed under to the donkey. It was the audience beaning her with those big old peso coins. I dont know if they still do those although being Mexico they pretty much still do everything but the coins are much smaller now.

5 out of the last 6 major vacations have been to Mexico. Kind of burned out on the place.

I was there recently. Safe, and very interesting. The food was amazing. Fresh prawn taco and an awesome margarita $5. The street food was to die for. The people and shopkeepers were helpful and friendly. Levi's are way cheaper there. Some people travel, and some people are scared bubblegumless. I think we know who we are.

In 2007 I was standing in line at US Customs (well south of the Old Customs House at the San Ysidro Port Of Entry) and watched the Tourist Police interviewing two older ladies from the US. One of the two "bad guys" they had in the back of their cruiser began suffering from a severe case of "smart mouth". One of the cops reached in and slapped the living snot out of him! The Tourist Police aren't tolerating any guff from the local scum. The City of Tijuana wants to protect one of its biggest sources of income... the tourist trade!

I usually return north through Tecate; extra miles are worth it for the short wait. Last time [2012] north through San Ysidro crossing I saw a great beatdown by the Mexican police. I think it started with a fender bender judging from the angle of the two cars. The drivers got out and it kind of escalated from there. They could have been American citizens of hispanic descent for all I know. What I do know is whatever response they gave to the Mexican officers resulted in them going down like a load of bricks, and getting the crap kicked out of them. That, and getting drug away by their elbows with hands cuffed behind them. Despite the heat, I think everyone had their windows up in a hurry and were desperately trying to merge into adjoining lanes to get away from the action. I was two lanes over, and wasn't going to let anyone in ahead of me.

Been a lot of years, but I spent one day as a tourist in Tj. Filthy dirty and scary. But I'm not sorry I went. I appreciated seeing how this part of the world lives.

One day was enough. I appreciate hearing that things have improved in Tj, but that's not reason enough for me to ever need to return, so I never will.

And in later years, I view Mexico as a scary place in general, and I've vowed to never visit. Never say never. I did spend one day in Cozumel this year. It was actually decent. As long as I stayed on the tour bus, or close to the other tourists, I didn't feel unsafe.

Jamaica was scarier.

WAYNO.

Jamaica is "gangland city".

Fools rush in, where Angels fear to tread. A country with cartels and high crime, where you stand out like a sore thumb, unarmed and where you are not a citizen and don't speak the language. Yeah, what's there to be worried about...

Fools rush in, where Angels fear to tread. A country with cartels and high crime, where you stand out like a sore thumb, unarmed and where you are not a citizen and don't speak the language. Yeah, what's there to be worried about...

I speak the language and stay in the right areas. I'm not stupid and have no interest in the "little girls".

I lived in San Diego as a teenager. We were 16, but would borrow an older friends draft card to use as ID to get across the border. We would hit the bars and harass the HO's. Now this was 50 years ago. It was much safer back then. And those street carts selling the taco's with the red stringy meat, yep that was rover meat. Did not know it back then, but they were tasty.

If you are serious maybe look at going to the Caribbean side of Mexico instead of Tijuana. We took a cruise ship and we landed on an island of Cozumel. We then took the ferry to mainland Mexico and went to see the Mayan Ruins of Tulum. We also took the Atlantis submarine ride on Cozumel and the sub goes down 100' or so. It was still light at 100' so I took quite a few pictures in the submarine.

DSC_9305.JPG DSC_8690.JPG DSC_8695.JPG

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads