JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
While these were a few incidents of violence in Tijuana from 2006-2009, the Federales have pushed the Drug Lord operation to the east. The Tourist Police that covers the 71 mile stretch from Tijuana to Ensenada, generally dissuade the "bad guys" or "banditos" from victimizing the tourist population along the Northern Baja California Peninsula.

I just maintain a level of "situational awareness" that I would in any large metropolis. I'm anxious to go back and eat authentic Mexican food as it is prepared on the streets and in the great restaurants of the great city.

Haven't been as an adult, but I wouldn't be concerned. As you mention situational awareness is extremely helpful.

I would caution keeping an eye on the crime stats going into our new administration however. I would imagine if Trump does limit illegal cross boarder traffic, that the cartels and gangs may change focus.

I guess I dont understand taking unnecessary risks in a place I have no rights and a language barrier. I prefer the US Virgin Islands for my vacations.

I speak enough Spanish and enjoy the culture. What you have to understand is that the food, culture and the sights are something special. (You can't watch the bullfights in the USVI).

Nope. Wouldn't go. For any reason, risk or not. I can get authentic Mexican food (my favorite) right here from a buddy's wife or a local taco truck. As a teenager, I dated a Mexican girl and her mom used to make me authentic dishes all the time, although I couldn't understand her but she would smile and bring me plates of amazing food! Ah, good times.

They prolly have a donkey show too.

Aren't you the enlightened ones! They have changed Tijuana so much that you wouldn't recognize some aspects of the community. New waste water treatment plants, improved plumbing. The police are under a great deal more scrutiny. They don't get by with what they did ten years ago. It sounds as if most of you are living in the past. If you keep your head out of your rectal orifice, you can enjoy yourself at about 1/4 the cost of going anywhere else.

Since I don't drink, I get a lot more "bang for my buck".

Aren't you the enlightened ones! They have changed Tijuana so much that you wouldn't recognize some aspects of the community. New waste water treatment plants, improved plumbing. The police are under a great deal more scrutiny. They don't get by with what they did ten years ago. It sounds as if most of you are living in the past. If you keep your head out of your rectal orifice, you can enjoy yourself at about 1/4 the cost of going anywhere else.

You don't like it when people don't agree with you, and just another post proving so.

So what you're saying is.... I can get FOUR fried chickens, dry white toast, and a coke... for the price of one?

:D

I have absolutely no desire to travel outside the US. If I can't go armed I don't have business going there. There are far too many beautiful places here in the US that I would love to visit.

I don't trust anywhere outside the US.
And actually several places in the US.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top