JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Don't get one they are not fun at all ! If you do get one go with titanium all you need is a soak in some CLR and good as new again !
1697311051013.png

In this day and age in Oregon, is a suppressor worth the effort?
I got a chance to shoot ground squirrels with a friend in OR. At first I kind of scoffed at suppressors on a rimfire, But one of the ranches we shot on had Racehorses. Normally horse ranches don't allow any shooting anywhere near them. But we were shooting right along their fences without the horses even noticing! They move the horses to other pastures so we could shoot those in the pastures. 4 of us shot over 200 ground squirrels in a single day!
If not for the suppressed rimfires we would not have been allowed to shoot there! DR

I got a chance to shoot ground squirrels with a friend in OR. At first I kind of scoffed at suppressors on a rimfire, But one of the ranches we shot on had Racehorses. Normally horse ranches don't allow any shooting anywhere near them. But we were shooting right along their fences without the horses even noticing! They move the horses to other pastures so we could shoot those in the pastures. 4 of us shot over 200 ground squirrels in a single day!
If not for the suppressed rimfires we would not have been allowed to shoot there! DR
That's a serious ground squirl infestation...most I've ever shot is high 30s at one spot

That's a serious ground squirl infestation...most I've ever shot is high 30s at one spot
I have places here in central CA that I can set up a bench and shoot all day from one spot. I shoot a couple of organic farms where they would lose their credentials if they put out poisons. Their options are traps, shooting, or falcons. Who knew that me and the Granola crowd would have shooting in common!
DR

Liberty Suppressors is a great small company. How long will they be around? I dunno, family owned, Dave is probably in his sixties now.

Rex Silentium is a nice option.

Rugged is Henry Graham and he is awesome and bought SWR from Joe Gaddini, who was also awesome, before SWR merged with SiCo. Rugged does a no BS warranty. I dunno how old Henry is.

I don't use them for fun, I don't use them for hearing safety....I use them cause I have to, I can't be drawing attention to myself in alot of the areas i.work.
Those who don't know your line of work might make the assumption that you do contract work for the mafia or CIA, and maybe those areas where you don't want to stand out or draw attention to yourself are NYC, London, or Paris.

However mundane the truth may be... oh wait, maybe I just blew your cover. Oh bubblegum, now I've really got to watch my back... :eek:

I haven't had any warranty concerns to have anything of my own to say.

My limited understanding of the warranty situation is this:
1. The warranty originally was lifetime, no questions asked.

2. They eventually changed their warranty to limited lifetime, or something similar. I read that it was people were extremely dumb and YHM didn't want to cover people's stupidity. There was talk that using a different company's mount via the hub would cause them to not cover a repair.

3. YHM changed the warranty for ALL previously sold items as well. This, to my understanding is what really pissed people off, understandably.

4. Since the warranty change, I have seen a few people talk about needing repairs, but none of them had any cost to the customer.

5. I bought after the warranty change, and using it within their specifications (their mount, minimum barrel length).

YHM has been in the game for a while, I am not worried that they are going anywhere. I actually have a 5.56 (Turbo T3) in jail.

I also have a Rugged Oculus. 22 can. Rugged seems to be well reviewed. Others that people seem to like are Dead Air (but not the Sierra 5), Rex, Otter Creek, and Surefire. I'm sure there are others.

If I were to do it all again, I'd personally buy Aero as it's local. But I'm still happy with YHM.
How is their warranty? I've read some recent reports that YHM was being finicky. So I started looking at the Dead Air Nomad 30, now I am reading about Dead Air's customer service taking a dive since their Sierra 5 issues.

Seems like you can spend $1,000+ on a product you can't get for a year, and while you're waiting, the company's service can go from great to bad, or the company may even go out of business all together before you ever received your product.

I realize no one can predict the future,
but is there a manufacturer with a consistent and proven reputation for service and support long term? So that I am not paying for a can today only to find that the company is no longer answering phones 9 months from now.

I haven't had any warranty concerns to have anything of my own to say.

My limited understanding of the warranty situation is this:
1. The warranty originally was lifetime, no questions asked.

2. They eventually changed their warranty to limited lifetime, or something similar. I read that it was people were extremely dumb and YHM didn't want to cover people's stupidity. There was talk that using a different company's mount via the hub would cause them to not cover a repair.

3. YHM changed the warranty for ALL previously sold items as well. This, to my understanding is what really pissed people off, understandably.

4. Since the warranty change, I have seen a few people talk about needing repairs, but none of them had any cost to the customer.

5. I bought after the warranty change, and using it within their specifications (their mount, minimum barrel length).

YHM has been in the game for a while, I am not worried that they are going anywhere. I actually have a 5.56 (Turbo T3) in jail.

I also have a Rugged Oculus. 22 can. Rugged seems to be well reviewed. Others that people seem to like are Dead Air (but not the Sierra 5), Rex, Otter Creek, and Surefire. I'm sure there are others.

If I were to do it all again, I'd personally buy Aero as it's local. But I'm still happy with YHM.
The Lahar 30 was one that interested me as well. Not a lot of reviews available being a new can. But Aero is a well established company and my other Aero products are high quality.

The 9th Circuit did not rule on California's mag ban this week. A federal trial court within the 9th Circuit did. His ruling does not apply across the PNW. A ruling by the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals will apply throughout the PNW.
Actually reread the decision. The 9th Circuit DID rule on the mag ban. Also the CA Assault Weapons Ban was just ruled on Thursday as Unconstitutional. This too will be appealed to SCOTUS at some point, but clearly the guidance by SCOTUS to all federal district courts benefits 2A supporters.

I think I am narrowing it down to Diligent Defense Enticer S, Otter Creek Labs Polonium 30, or Aero Lahar 30. Anyone have experience with these?

In this day and age in Oregon, is a suppressor worth the effort?
Absolutely. Soon in the future even conceal carry guns will be suppressed. Sig is working on a "suppressor" of sorts that goes on like a comp and has replaceable baffles/insides. People sometimes forget that sending 10 rounds of 556in a small hallway can give you a concussion, regardless of hearing loss.

Absolutely. Soon in the future even conceal carry guns will be suppressed. Sig is working on a "suppressor" of sorts that goes on like a comp and has replaceable baffles/insides. People sometimes forget that sending 10 rounds of 556in a small hallway can give you a concussion, regardless of hearing loss.
The way so many gun owners don't care I don't see it happening but, it should be without the NFA. No reason at all they can't be sold in a shop just like a gun. Do a BGC for a gun, should be the same for the can. Probably good for me that they don't do it this way and never will as I would have several K invested in stamps :s0140:

The way so many gun owners don't care I don't see it happening but, it should be without the NFA. No reason at all they can't be sold in a shop just like a gun. Do a BGC for a gun, should be the same for the can. Probably good for me that they don't do it this way and never will as I would have several K invested in stamps :s0140:
Yah, just drop the stamp entirely.

Sure, keep the BGC. For the kids…

Never happen tho.

Sadly.

I've said it before; there should be NO restrictions of any kind! We should be able to purchase as many as we want from any store. It is NOT a weapon by itself, let alone a class 3. If two combatants were to go into a room, one armed with a softball bat, (or a hatchet, broom handle, piece of pipe, etc.), and the other with the any suppressor made...who do you think comes out?

I've said it before; there should be NO restrictions of any kind! We should be able to purchase as many as we want from any store. It is NOT a weapon by itself, let alone a class 3. If two combatants were to go into a room, one armed with a softball bat, (or a hatchet, broom handle, piece of pipe, etc.), and the other with the any suppressor made...who do you think comes out?
Wherever gets the first good hit in. A suppressor, especially if made of steel, could be a very effective impact weapon even if less so than a bat

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top