JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
As far as '...that's really cool...'..the prizewinner there is my 10.5" 300BLK with 220gr subsonic ammo, and my Omega 300. That combo is Hollywood quiet. Last time at the range, a couple of the RO's came by to admire "...whatever is whispering up here...".... :cool:

2nd for giggle factor is probably my customized 10-22. With my Sparrow on it, with subsonic ammo....it's a lot of fun, on the cheap. Great trigger (Brimstone), great scope (Nikon rimfire).....and really quiet.

Lastly, though not last at all, is my G17 with the Osprey on it. Put a KKM barrel in the frame, and it runs smooth like buttah.

....yeah, we do Silencerco here....never had an issue, the one time I needed customer service, they shined.

Worth it....yes. Yes indeed.....:cool:
Thats awesome... I intentionally made a build to piss off the range officers.. why...because I could. 308 pistol 11" barrel with Cookiecutter ;) Murica baby Murica :) LOL

With the recent SCOTUS and 9th Circuit ruling (9/22/23), 114 is effectively dead legally. the 9th Circuit just ruled California's 10round magazine limit is unconstitutional.

"In 2022, the United States Supreme Court granted certiorari, vacated the appellate en banc decision, and remanded the case.6 The court of appeals, in turn, remanded the case to this Court "for further proceedings consistent with New York State Rifle & Pistol bubblegum'n, Inc. v. Bruen, 142 S. Ct. 2111 (2022)."7 All relevant findings of fact and conclusions of law set forth in the prior decision concluding § 32310 is unconstitutional are incorporated herein"
https://saf.org/.../2023/09/Duncan-v.-Bonta-Decision.pdf
The mag portion is likely dead. But unfortunately, as required by law, 114 has two parts.

With the recent SCOTUS and 9th Circuit ruling (9/22/23), 114 is effectively dead legally. the 9th Circuit just ruled California's 10round magazine limit is unconstitutional.

"In 2022, the United States Supreme Court granted certiorari, vacated the appellate en banc decision, and remanded the case.6 The court of appeals, in turn, remanded the case to this Court "for further proceedings consistent with New York State Rifle & Pistol bubblegum'n, Inc. v. Bruen, 142 S. Ct. 2111 (2022)."7 All relevant findings of fact and conclusions of law set forth in the prior decision concluding § 32310 is unconstitutional are incorporated herein"
https://saf.org/.../2023/09/Duncan-v.-Bonta-Decision.pdf
The 9th Circuit did not rule on California's mag ban this week. A federal trial court within the 9th Circuit did. His ruling does not apply across the PNW. A ruling by the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals will apply throughout the PNW.

Looking at the Diligent Enticer S, YHM Resonator R2, or Aero Lahar 30. Trying to keep somewhat reasonable budget - under $1,000 including stamp and mounts. Anyone have experience with these? Open to other suggestions within the budget.

Looking at the Diligent Enticer S, YHM Resonator R2, or Aero Lahar 30. Trying to keep somewhat reasonable budget - under $1,000 including stamp and mounts. Anyone have experience with these? Open to other suggestions within the budget.
Resonator! All the way! I have one on my .300 Blk SBR. They are soooper quiet with subsonic ammo. And they are at a great price point also. You should come in well under your $1000 budget and I mean can, stamp and sales tax if you're in a state that charges sales tax.

Resonator! All the way! I have one on my .300 Blk SBR. They are soooper quiet with subsonic ammo. And they are at a great price point also. You should come in well under your $1000 budget and I mean can, stamp and sales tax if you're in a state that charges sales tax.
How do you like their mounts?

Yes! They are definitely worth it, especially if you would like to save your hearing. I have one on my lightish weight (7lbs 4oz.) 338 Lapua, that is incredible. It knocks the report down to a 17 HMR'ish level, (with no concussion from a brake). Also, cuts the recoil down to just north of a 30'06. I joined a silencer forum to ask why the recoil was so much less. It was explained to me; "There are essentially 14 little parachutes in that tube that catch expanding gases/energy and pull the rifle away from the shooter". It made perfect sense to me when put that way.

My other one is a user servicable one for a 5.56. I've only used it for rimfire so far and love it. CCI Standard Velocity sounds like someone coughing. If you get one to use with any rimfire, you will need to be able to take it apart and clean it regularly.

Hearing loss is permanent! Save what you have left.

Yes, I wear hearing protection when shooting my Lapua with my suppressor during load development. I've had three different brakes for it, (4 counting the one I designed and machined myself), and all required double hearing protection.

Several European countries REQUIRE suppressors when hunting. Australia has some of the most restrictive firearms laws, yet one can buy or build as many suppressors as one wants, because it's NOT a firearm in any way shape or form. Oh, except here, when it a class 3, the same as a full auto M2. (Sorry, I had to vent a little).

Yes, in my opinion, they are worth every penny.

For the vast majority of general firearm owners I guess I'm in the, "No, but they sure are fun." camp.

There are plenty of self justifications to own one but getting down to brass tacks... they are spendy, they require NFA registration (aka, voluntary feeb registry), the process is... all things considered... very lengthy and resell liquidity and value is low.

Considering their primary purpose can be served even more effectively with a $0.25 OTC item that is completely unencumbered with any of the legal hoops and privacy compromises... there really is no justification other than, "but I want one", IMHO.

If the only question is, "are they worth it?" in a practical/economical sense... emphatically, no. Will a person that just wants one feel they've gotten their money's worth in non tangible/enjoyment value out of one? Many would say, yes. YMMV

Check out PewScience.com, they have very detailed, objective reviews and measurements at both ear and muzzle..
Of the 3 you mention, Diligent, but the L rather than the S, then the Lahar, lastly the YHM.

Are they worth it ? No, stupid money for a metal tube, $200 registration, hard to resell, ridiculous wait time, really not hearing safe on many rifles.
That said, I have a seventh on the way, because sh1ts and giggles is "11", some extra hearing protection is better than none.
If you go through Silencershops. kiosk it is very, very simple once you've set up an account.

Last Edited:
Check out PewScience.com, they have very detailed, objective reviews and measurements at both ear and muzzle..
Of the 3 you mention, Diligent, but the L rather than the S, then the Lahar, lastly the YHM.

Are they worth it ? No, stupid money for a metal tube, $200 registration, hard to resell, ridiculous wait time, really not hearing safe on many rifles.
That said, I have a seventh on the way, because sh1ts and giggles is "11", some extra hearing protection is better than none.
If you go through Silencershops. kiosk it is very, very simple once you've set up an account.
I don't use them for fun, I don't use them for hearing safety....I use them cause I have to, I can't be drawing attention to myself in alot of the areas i.work. I personally don't own any but I get to shoot them everyday and they are awesome!! If I wasn't working on kid #5 things would.be different

I run the R2. The mounts are simple yet effective. A bit bulky by comparison but ni real issue. I have devices on 3 builds and move the can (not that often) between them as I desire. I also have a turbo 3 in jail.

I run the R2. The mounts are simple yet effective. A bit bulky by comparison but ni real issue. I have devices on 3 builds and move the can (not that often) between them as I desire. I also have a turbo 3 in jail.
How is their warranty? I've read some recent reports that YHM was being finicky. So I started looking at the Dead Air Nomad 30, now I am reading about Dead Air's customer service taking a dive since their Sierra 5 issues.

Seems like you can spend $1,000+ on a product you can't get for a year, and while you're waiting, the company's service can go from great to bad, or the company may even go out of business all together before you ever received your product.

I realize no one can predict the future,
but is there a manufacturer with a consistent and proven reputation for service and support long term? So that I am not paying for a can today only to find that the company is no longer answering phones 9 months from now.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top