JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My have times changed. Never would I have imagined an sks selling for more than a brand new AR. Ive seen a couple for 350 at pawn shops - tropic pawn in Orchards about a month ago and the other one was at Tigard Pawn 4 more.

They are a bit combersom with the grenade launcher, that aside they are some of the finest made SKSs you can buy. I'd never pay $600 personally having bought many brand new in the cosmo for $100 each...

I'm no SKS expert but seems kind high to me. You can get a new AR for less.

I'm a SKS expert ;), and yep thats kinda high just like a box of 22lr is for 50.00 is, its not outta the ball part but dang close like hitting the back wall close.
There are only a few in the states that fetch over $450 right now and thats M&D and some Russians and Romanians.
Even ghosts that vary from person to person on value shouldnt fetch no more then 400.00 tops.

Now that said Yugos are nice rifles, but I would check that barrel closely as they are not chrome lined.
I got a Yugo 3 years ago for free to give you and idea how people view these and it varies, local shops here its 350.00 - 400.00 in 2007 they were right around 199-250 thanks to the last 8 years they have gone up 40%.
The SKS is a odd beasts in that in Canada they have all sorts of Russians and not allot of Yugos. Here we have allot of Norinco and Yugos are pretty common.

Now that said I think the SKS is the number #1 underrated rifle ever produced. And Gun shops are just last two years
seeing how much people love them. The fact they now get to be lumped in as SHTF rifles makes them more valuable and movies like MadMax make them even more popular after the movie couple years ago.
I could go on how much I love the SKS, now if I lived in a town a hundred miles from anywhere and this was the only SKS in town maybe, kinda sorta possibly if I had allot of cash id buy it then. But take a trip to big cities and see where they go for.
From what I have heard WA is a great place to buy them and they are not scarce there any more then anywhere else.
I think that a SKS for 600.00 might be a show case queen for awhile but that just my opinion.

Lastly, heck its your cash, if you really really want it whats 200.00 ?( more) If you get something you always or really want>?
I over paid one time for a firearm I wanted and I have no regret because I love that rifle and now its worth more then I paid when I paid too much :)

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews