JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Right... i checked everything on it too litterally every thing is in really good condition.. tried to talk them down in price and they said if you dont have the money for it you can put it on layaway. I was like no you dont understand this isnt worth $600. They said take it or leave it.

Is this like buying the $40 'special drink' at the gentleman's club? You are paying an extremely high price because you're getting a little something something on the side?

I ran this by a SKS group I run for fun, there are about 900 members and well this was asked not to long ago but was a price of $650.00. I do recall as previously mentioned the 22lr scare got boxes for 65.00 sometimes gees. I remember a few ads on here that were like that, and people actually bought them. :confused::confused:

I digress, the group basically said is this for fun or investment or ?

1. If for investment unless something weird happens it could be another 10 years or more before its worth what you paid for it and I am guessing thats before BGC fees? So is more like what 635.00 ?

2. If for fun will this be a rifle used only once a month or every six month safe queen?

3. Do you have any other SKS ?

Came down to if you answer Yes to any of the above well its probably not for you.
But its your cash hope this helps.

So my local pawn shop has a yugo SKS with grenade launcher, in good condition and they're asking $600 for it and will not budge on price. I am just curious if thats a good price for said gun?

Super high on the price. Add $200 and get a good AK or look around and you will still find sub $400 SKS's all the time.

Super high on the price. Add $200 and get a good AK or look around and you will still find sub $400 SKS's all the time.

Thats good advice I notice as SKS's are going up AK's are going down as popularity still grows on AR platforms.
The SKS is also becoming more popular in Komifornia as its a self contained Semi-auto and fits the new laws pretty well without mods.
Although they cant have Bayonets and no extended mags from what Ive been told.

I ran this by a SKS group I run for fun, there are about 900 members and well this was asked not to long ago but was a price of $650.00. I do recall as previously mentioned the 22lr scare got boxes for 65.00 sometimes gees. I remember a few ads on here that were like that, and people actually bought them. :confused::confused:

I digress, the group basically said is this for fun or investment or ?

1. If for investment unless something weird happens it could be another 10 years or more before its worth what you paid for it and I am guessing thats before BGC fees? So is more like what 635.00 ?

2. If for fun will this be a rifle used only once a month or every six month safe queen?

3. Do you have any other SKS ?

Came down to if you answer Yes to any of the above well its probably not for you.
But its your cash hope this helps.

Its not for an investment its more so that i like russian surplus rifles and some of it is for fun.. i already have a Ak47, 2 Mosin Nagants one regular and one carbine,a tokarov. I just dont have a sks and a svt 40.. but the svt 40 is a lil outta my price range ao i will probably never own one. With that being said i want a sks but i dont want a Chinese one.

Its not for an investment its more so that i like russian surplus rifles and some of it is for fun.. i already have a Ak47, 2 Mosin Nagants one regular and one carbine,a tokarov. I just dont have a sks and a svt 40.. but the svt 40 is a lil outta my price range ao i will probably never own one. With that being said i want a sks but i dont want a Chinese one.

Its sounds like you really want this rifle so let me ask you this, in 10 years will you look back and think dang over 200.00
I didn't get this what was I thinking? You know maybe like that girl you never asked out and now you go what was I thinking passing her up?? Or like me maybe you did ask her out and now are glad you did 30 years later.
I did that once with a car stupid stupid, a 68 Dodge Super Bee could have got one for 7'gs and I passed on it cause I though that was a stupid high price now whos stupid well that would be me. Its one life brother if you spent 200.00 would you regret it later ?
Its not like these will drop in price unless they open trade back with Russia imports and I don't see that happening anytime soon.
For me for something id really want I wouldn't let 200.00 stop me, 2000.00 well then were talking I need a real think through.
Let us all know what you end doing and if you buy post pics.

Last Edited:
Its sounds like you really want this rifle so let me ask you this, in 10 years will you look back and thing dang over 200.00
I didn't get this what was I thinking? You know maybe like that girl you never asked out and now you go what was I thinking passing her up?? Or like me maybe you did ask her out and now are glad you did 30 years later.
I did that once with a car stupid stupid, a 68 Dodge Super Bee could have got one for 7'gs and I passed on it cause I though that was a stupid high price now whos stupid well that would be me. Its one life brother if you spent 200.00 would you regret it later ?
Its not like these will drop in price unless they open trade back with Russia imports and I don't see that happening anytime soon.
For me for something id really want I wouldn't let 200.00 stop me, 2000.00 well then were talking I need a real think through.
Let us all know what you end doing and if you buy post pics.

For sure i complete understand what your saying and thats why im torn on the decision...
I will definitely post pics of it if i do decide to buy it.

but i dont want a Chinese one.

Do some research and you will find that all ofnthe Russian tools and their engineers went to China and taught the Chinese how to make them - there are a few stamps that will confirm they came from the right plant and the serial will tell you if it was the right year...

I had one and it was excellent in quality and fit and finish for a surplus rifle.

Just a thought though.

For some reason my wife really liked shooting the SKS I had. Maybe I should by one and say it's for her? Think I can get away with it?:p

. Maybe I should by one and say it's for her? Think I can get away with it?:p
That will come back and bite you. I bought guns telling wife/family it's for this or that kid. 15 years later they are calling me on it.
All I could come up with is the excuse,( I meant that when I'm gone you could have it). I have passed a few on early though. They are happier using them than I would be keeping them.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top