JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
in all seriousness... i'm not "prepared." i've got enough food and water to feed my family for a few days- because my wife buys in bulk, not because we make any concerted effort. our government isn't going to relinquish control of one square millimeter of American soil. we'd have widespread, long-term martial law LONG before any kind of societal collapse. and if society DOES completely "collapse," you think a few months, or even a few years worth of food is going to "save" you? you can't store a lifetime of food, and your odds of making it that long, food or no food, aren't with you. roving bands of mauraders will thank you for all your hard work, as they rape you inside out and shoot you.

i don't care if you guys want to be prepared for, and continue to hope and pray for, TEOTFWAWKI. i think you're all a bunch of silly-asses, if it brings you joy, i encourage you to. i mean it. people should pursue those things that give them joy/comfort/fun/peace of mind/whatever. but this high-horse attitude, elbow nudging, and snickering at all the "sheep" who don't share your unsubstantiated doom-n-gloom predictions is getting a little old. i'm sorry you're socially inept... but you'll never be wittier or better looking than me.

I haven't read enough posts here to know if this is facetious or meant as bait or whatever, but since it is "in all seriousness" I'll take your word for it, though I don't quite understand you. Are you saying there are no eventualities where having some sort of preparedness (more than a few days of food) would be beneficial? Even if most posters here would seem extreme to the "sheep" out there, I think most could be convinced having some stores on hand would not be detrimental. Couldn't we have events which are not TEOTWAWKI but still disastrous for our region? If somehow our food supply is cut off I'd rather have some on hand than stand in line at a FEMA camp. And if society collapses, wouldn't you rather have 3 mos. of food than not? I don't know if you have children or not, but whether the odds are with me or not, I'm going to do what I can to take care of mine. They can't do it themselves, so who's job is it? On the other hand, nobody says we have to try to survive, so if trying seems like too much hard work, screw it; we are all dying sooner or later anyways, right? As far as the snickering/attitudes, though, you are very much right--that can be annoying, but hardly unique to the prepper community. Any time a group is into something--motorcycles, guns, fitness, education, art, etc.--they will always look down on those who are not in their group, especially while amongst that group. It seems to be human nature, we very much like to think of ourselves as better. If you were in a group of those who did not think prepping needs to be taken seriously and discussing the issue, I'm guessing there might be a snicker or two directed at those who disagree. We are all quite alike that way. Oh, and I think your unsubstantiated roving bands raping/killing prediction is a bit doom and gloom for me, but I do like to look on the bright side of things. :) Wait, were you being facetious????

I haven't read enough posts here to know if this is facetious or meant as bait or whatever, but since it is "in all seriousness" I'll take your word for it, though I don't quite understand you. Are you saying there are no eventualities where having some sort of preparedness (more than a few days of food) would be beneficial? Even if most posters here would seem extreme to the "sheep" out there, I think most could be convinced having some stores on hand would not be detrimental. Couldn't we have events which are not TEOTWAWKI but still disastrous for our region? If somehow our food supply is cut off I'd rather have some on hand than stand in line at a FEMA camp. And if society collapses, wouldn't you rather have 3 mos. of food than not? I don't know if you have children or not, but whether the odds are with me or not, I'm going to do what I can to take care of mine. They can't do it themselves, so who's job is it? On the other hand, nobody says we have to try to survive, so if trying seems like too much hard work, screw it; we are all dying sooner or later anyways, right? As far as the snickering/attitudes, though, you are very much right--that can be annoying, but hardly unique to the prepper community. Any time a group is into something--motorcycles, guns, fitness, education, art, etc.--they will always look down on those who are not in their group, especially while amongst that group. It seems to be human nature, we very much like to think of ourselves as better. If you were in a group of those who did not think prepping needs to be taken seriously and discussing the issue, I'm guessing there might be a snicker or two directed at those who disagree. We are all quite alike that way. Oh, and I think your unsubstantiated roving bands raping/killing prediction is a bit doom and gloom for me, but I do like to look on the bright side of things. :) Wait, were you being facetious????

im just doing my best to be counter-culture, man. don't read too much into anything you see me post.

however- you'll note that my POINT was to the silliness of snickering at people for being under, or not all all, "prepared." and this attitude (mine, against theirs) comes not necessarily from this thread, but ALL these threads. on this board, in general, you're an idiot if you don't expect and aren't prepared for some kind of cataclysmic downfall and state of anarchy. THATS what i find irritating.

you'll also note that i generally leave all these survivalist threads alone- as i said above, i believe in doing what you like. so i not only don't have a problem with it, i'd encourage anyone who has an interest in it to do it. who cares what i think? i could be wrong- then who'll have the last laugh? i'll be one of the first to go, and you guys can divvy up my bubblegum. but since THIS thread is devoted solely to making fun of people "under prepared," i consider it more than fair-game for counter opinions.

as to butt-raping marauders- if the world does truly end, and we're truly cast into a renaissance dark-age, then you can BET there will be roving bands of pillaging butt-raping marauders. if not, i'll start one.

................. roving bands of mauraders will thank you for all your hard work, as they rape you inside out and shoot you.

I guess I am safe as I'm not pretty enough to be raped. You however did say that you were good looking, so I'll just send them your direction.
As for food, thanks to my neighbor I don't need to try to store any. There is enough pigeons on my block to feed me to months.

If you think people actually lived off the land and arent hoarding endless amounts of packaged processed foods to last your family at least a year...whatever...ill take my chances in the mountains...

If you think people actually lived off the land and arent hoarding endless amounts of packaged processed foods to last your family at least a year...whatever...ill take my chances in the mountains...

:s0155: yep a few staples and fresh meat are better for you anyway. You don't need to worry about deer or elk spoiling if you just shoot them when you need them. My grandfather had a little smokehouse that was magic, he could put one deer in at the end of hunting season and have three by mid summer.

...if the world does truly end, and we're truly cast into a renaissance dark-age, then you can BET there will be roving bands of pillaging butt-raping marauders. if not, i'll start one.

Great. I've been gearing up for an Argentina-type currency crisis (not "butt-raping maruaders"). Hope I have not made a strategic blunder! Maybe I will order a couple of inflatable sheep that I can set up as decoys just in case (wouldn't want our own animals to suffer needlessly).

Great. I've been gearing up for an Argentina-type currency crisis (not "butt-raping maruaders"). Hope I have not made a strategic blunder! Maybe I will order a couple of inflatable sheep that I can set up as decoys just in case (wouldn't want our own animals to suffer needlessly).

an economic crisis of varying sort is not at all out of the question. i'd love to "gear up" for that myself, i just dont know how. seems anything i invest in has it's own degree of risk- but stockpiling these worthless pieces of paper we call "dollars" certainly isn't going to help, if it comes down to it.

i'm just hoping for a nice fat period of hyper-inflation. i'd love to pay off my house with one paycheck.

...seems anything i invest in has it's own degree of risk...

Oh yes. If there wasn't "risk" there would not be "reward." Folks who are unwilling to accept risk will not find reward. The trick is to identify the best risk/reward situation, have the mindset that allows you to stay in if you know you are right, but also have the ability to admit you are wrong and get out if necessary. Difficult task because we are fighting our emotions the whole way.

bkb0000---Yeah my post might have been a bit heavy for a light-hearted thread, I can be like that sometimes. I'm afraid I may be one of those socially inept folks who hang out around here. :) I think what annoys preppers is not people who don't expect some sort of event, but people who won't even entertain the thought of anything bad happening. All of history is filled with negative events where prepping of some sort would have been beneficial, and we are not exempt from disasters just cuz we're what, americans? The hard part is prepping can almost be/is an entire lifestyle, and we maybe can get too wrapped up in always thinking about the disasters to come, and not living life this minute. As far as investments with little risk, I think food may be one of the best places too start. It may get flooded or buried in an earthquake, or you never know even raped by marauders with a food fetish :), but outside those things you're going to use it and its not going down in value, and its certainly important. It won't hurt to have extra food.

Ok, you've got everything you need to head for the hills stored in your garage. Now it time to go. Have you figured out how you are going to get a ton of supplies and your wife and kids in you Honda Civic???

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top