JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
To counter a bit:

It's not irrational to PLAN to share with your neighbours. It's rather more irrational to think you'll go it alone.

It's impractical, if not impossible to store EVERYTHING you need. We live in a complex technical society. Even primitive peoples didn't have EVERYTHING they needed- a lot of it they had to make or find along the way, year round.

Everything else from the OP's list is pretty right on.

Yea I liked the list too, except for;
You plan on sharing food with neighbors and other people in need.
I won't turn away my neighbors or family...I have enough to share and if it's that bad out there that I can't share then this world is no longer for me anyway. I was raised better than that and human kind wouldn't be where we are today if we didn't share and work together.

I really do get annoyed though when everyone always says: Yeah I'm just coming over to your house when SHTF!, I counter with; What if i'm not here? then whats your plan? Whats wrong with storing enough food/water for 3-6 months...show me the problem with that?

If it does hit the fan and the police aren't around whats your plan when a group of unsavory people show up pounding on your front door? Come to my house?

I also have another one; You have a $500,000 life insurance for you and your wife that costs you $200 a month but you don't have $200 in reserve food or $200 in reserve cash? Huh?..Real story...one of my friends...scratch your head on that one!

You buy a surplus ALICE pack for a BO bag, stuff it with 300 pounds of mags, ammo and a water bottle and you yourself weigh 300 pounds.

Your BO plans are to head up into the mountains come a disaster but don't own tire chains for your Honda Civic.

You bought a cigarette lighter to charge your cell phone but think HAM radio is a cooking show on an AM station.

Read the book :Surviving the Economic Collapseby Fernando Ferfal Aguirre Based on first hand experience of the 2001 collapse of the
Argentine economy.
People seem to be obsessed with fighting off bands of minority thugs out to get their guns, food, and women (in that order). Ain't likely boys :s0131:

I also have another one; You have a $500,000 life insurance for you and your wife that costs you $200 a month but you don't have $200 in reserve food or $200 in reserve cash? Huh?..Real story...one of my friends...scratch your head on that one!

I have great news, I just called GEICO and saved hundreds on my insurance!

If you actually stocked up on tactical bacon.

If you think an actual balloon is going to be released.

If you plan to head to Wal-Mart or Costco as soon as SHTF.

If you actually stocked up on tactical bacon.

If you think an actual balloon is going to be released.

If you plan to head to Wal-Mart or Costco as soon as SHTF.

DUDE! Will Wal-Mart really close when the SHTF. ALL my neighbors are f-ed then. Unless they make me and my family brownies like the little old lady next door has for over 5 years! She will be well taken care of! :)

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top