JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Great day for celebration, after many weeks of frustrating suspense!

My fear is that this decision may have been decided when they saw the 1000+ comments on the ballot title. The Salem antis probably knew that IP43/44 could not be allowed on the ballot or else they'd be removed from power in November. They may have colluded with the OSC to run out the clock, so they can take our guns away through the legislature after November. Let's contact Wikileaks and have them publish every email in/out of the offices of the Salem antis since the day IP43 and 44 were filed.

On judges, Trump needs to encourage every judge over age 60 (50?) to retire immediately. McConnell needs to go nuclear so only 51 confirmation votes are required. Then they need to replace the older judges with judges ~ 40 years old (30?) who pass a 2A litmus test. Needs to happen before November.

Then we need our own initiative petition that prevents future infringement on the 2A.

Great day for celebration, after many weeks of frustrating suspense!

My fear is that this decision may have been decided when they saw the 1000+ comments on the ballot title. The Salem antis probably knew that IP43/44 could not be allowed on the ballot or else they'd be removed from power in November. They may have colluded with the OSC to run out the clock, so they can take our guns away through the legislature after November. Let's contact Wikileaks and have them publish every email in/out of the offices of the Salem antis since the day IP43 and 44 were filed.

On judges, Trump needs to encourage every judge over age 60 (50?) to retire immediately. McConnell needs to go nuclear so only 51 confirmation votes are required. Then they need to replace the older judges with judges ~ 40 years old (30?) who pass a 2A litmus test. Needs to happen before November.

Then we need our own initiative petition that prevents future infringement on the 2A.
Unfortunately, McConnell wants to hold off the vote until after the mid-terms... I say let's move forward and get Kennedy's successor lined up and confirmed, so he/she can be sworn in on August 1st... No need to wait, no need to bow to the will of the opponents....

Mitch McConnell, git 'er done!!!!

Up until recently, there was argument over whether 2A even applied to individuals.
That's an argument antis use a lot (not saying YOU are one). They say that the whole "individual right" thing is new. Fact is, it was never questioned before... it was accepted as fact, obvious to even casual observers.

Does anyone know if any of the organizations that have went to bat for us including the NRA, OFF and others have publicly endorsed The Knute Man for governor?
I think Knute would see the writing on the wall. He's a little bit weak on 2A issues, as we've seen. But I think he'll follow the prevailing winds to hold onto power... not the strongest of "leaders", we just need to be the prevailing wind and he'll move along.

I say let's move forward and get Kennedy's successor lined up and confirmed, so he/she can be sworn in on August 1st.
Our very own Jeff Merkley has said that Ds shouldn't allow confirmation votes as long as Trump is under investigation. Grandstanding POS that he is, well... just bubblegum him and his stupid ideas. Dork thinks he deserves to be POTUS.

The best part about today's Oregon Supreme Court ruling???

The phrase "assault weapon(s)" cannot be used in ballot titles... If I understood Dominic correctly... That sets the stage for the future, they'll need to be specific as to what they're after. No more ambiguity... I'm amazed this came from the Oregon Supreme Court, never expected this deep blue state to play by the rules...

Link to the ruling

http://www.oregonfirearms.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/p17027coll3_6796.pdf

I really want to know how the church would retain its tax exempt status when the pastor is leading such a political endeavor...

Perhaps it's time to shift to the IRS and place some pressure in them...

I filed a Form 13909 against them at the very beginning of this. In fact I filed one when it was IP42 and again when it changed to IP43.

This news and the news about the swing vote supreme Court Justice retiring had me dancing to disco for a full 20 min of my lunch. :s0164:

It may not be the end, but for now, breathing room.

WOW. Late to the discussion as I just finished work and saw this on the evening news. I am very happy. This measure would have made my son's 10/22 target rifle an assault weapon because it has a wooden thumb hole stock. Also it banned shooting so called AR's everywhere except for a shooting range.
Going camping in a few weeks and we enjoy doing some target practice. I was going to leave the lever actions and bolt guns at home and take the AR's as I thought we would not be able to go out in the woods and shoot them ever again. I know they will be back, but for now I can happily say, F-U Bloomberg and your Nazi gun grabber groups. :D

Now ceasefire are going to the law makers and want MORE MORE MORE

co-left.png

Dear Jim,

The Oregon Supreme Court referred the IP 43 ballot title back to Attorney General Ellen Rosenblum for revision. Lift Every Voice Oregon (LEVO), the IP 43 campaign, is currently evaluating the impact of the court's decision and will make an announcement tomorrow, June 28.

We knew that our timing would be tight so LEVO and Ceasefire Oregon have created other pathways to ban the purchase of assault weapons and high-capacity magazines.

In a matter of three short months, LEVO amassed a grassroots army of volunteers and supporters who are–and who remain–completely committed to banning assault weapons and high-capacity magazines. LEVO will continue to work with supporters to reach our goal of banning assault weapons and high-capacity magazines. LEVO will hold a press conference tomorrow to discuss the details of their path forward.

One of the pathways Ceasefire Oregon will take is to work with lawmakers to introduce a bill in the 2019 legislative session which will regulate ammunition and ammunition sales. The bill would include:

• Limiting high-capacity magazines to 5 rounds (hunters in Oregon are limited to 5 rounds when hunting large game like elk);
  • Prohibiting the sale of ammunition to people under the age of 21;
  • Prohibiting the sale of ammunition to people who cannot legally purchase guns;
  • Prohibiting the sale of ammunition containing lead;
  • Limiting the quantity of ammunition sold over a period of time;
  • Prohibiting the sale of expanding bullets like Hydra Shok, and bullets that send shards through a body.
A ban on assault weapons and high-capacity magazines WILL be passed in Oregon. We do not know if it will happen in 2018, or in the 2019 legislative session, or as a 2020 initiative petition, but we do know that Oregonians WILL put an end to the sale of military-grade weapons and ammunition in our state.

A poll taken immediately after the Parkland massacre shows that 67% of Americans want a complete ban on assault weapons and magazines. In addition, <broken link removed> show that reducing access to these weapons of war reduces death.

Americans have witnessed the unspeakable toll that gun violence has taken on our families. We have seen first-hand the bloody carnage left by these weapons of war.

The gun lobby, however, is only focused on the numbers in their ledgers. The gun lobby refuses to admit that millions of people support a complete ban on assault weapons. Perhaps it's because the gun sellers don't see the fear in the eyes of our children when they go to school. Perhaps it's because the nra isn't around to hear the screams of parents and teachers and friends as bullets from an AR 15 rip through children at schools, concert-goers in Vegas, or shoppers in a mall.

People who profit from these weapons of war never visited the immediate aftermath of a mass shooting and smelled the dried blood of innocent teachers and children in the hallways of our schools.

The gun sellers don't see the dead bodies; they only see profits.

But Ceasefire Oregon and LEVO see an end to the carnage, the fear, and the greed that has taken so many lives. We see an end to assault weapons in our communities, on our streets, and in our schools–and we are on a path forward to that goal.

Remember: we are members of Lift Every Voice Oregon and we will never be silenced.

So please raise YOUR voice right now by calling your state legislators to tell them you support a ban on assault weapons and high-capacity magazines in the 2019 legislative session.

Find your legislators here and call now! They are not in session but please leave a clear, polite message stating that you want a ban on assault weapons and high-capacity magazines. Weapons of war have no place in our great state.

Then call the following legislators and tell them you support a ban on assault weapons and high-capacity magazines. Remember to be clear and polite.

Senate President Peter Courtney: 503-986-1600 Email

House Majority Leader Jennifer Williamson: 503-986-1436 Email

Senate Majority Leader Ginny Burdick: 503-986-1700 Email

Remember: we will always fight for our children and we will never be silenced!

Penny, Joanne, and the entire Ceasefire Oregon and LEVO Team

That's an argument antis use a lot (not saying YOU are one). They say that the whole "individual right" thing is new. Fact is, it was never questioned before... it was accepted as fact, obvious to even casual observers.
S.
I grew up with guns, and have always believed that 2A was intended among other things to guarantee an individuals right to gun ownership and self defense. but I'm 72, and lived all over the country including NY and MA. And no, my preferred interpretation was not accepted as obvious to a majority of constitutional scholars, judges, or people in the USA in general. I always wished it was, but it wasn't. I spent more than half my childhood in NE states whose people allowed passage of laws stripping them of nearly all gun rights in ways that would have been obviously unconstitutional had 2A been so clearly understand to protect an individual's right to self defense. The textbooks in schools in NE states generally presented 2A as applying to militia only and the idea that it guaranteed an individual the right to own a gun as a misinterpretation.

For decade after decade after decade I fumed about the Supreme Court never taking up the issue. Just recently it did, and came out on our side. And now there have been the first couple of challenges to state laws or DC laws based upon the Supreme Court ruling. And we won those too.

I'm 72. I've seen the passage of various laws restricting guns, and I didn't like any of them. But I've also seen the passage of the "must issue" laws for concealed permits in Oregon and other states. In Oregon, hardly any private citizens had concealed permits back 39 years ago when I came here. And there was no state preemption, and most cities didn't allow open carry. So basically, within many cities the citizen could protect his home only. What we have gained in my life in the way of gun rights, both nationally and in Oregon, is truly astonishing. This wave of anti gun fervor throughout the country and 43 and 44 had me really worried though. I've been elated all day.

Last Edited:
Now ceasefire are going to the law makers and want MORE MORE MORE

View attachment 473179

Dear Jim,

The Oregon Supreme Court referred the IP 43 ballot title back to Attorney General Ellen Rosenblum for revision. Lift Every Voice Oregon (LEVO), the IP 43 campaign, is currently evaluating the impact of the court's decision and will make an announcement tomorrow, June 28.

We knew that our timing would be tight so LEVO and Ceasefire Oregon have created other pathways to ban the purchase of assault weapons and high-capacity magazines.

In a matter of three short months, LEVO amassed a grassroots army of volunteers and supporters who are–and who remain–completely committed to banning assault weapons and high-capacity magazines. LEVO will continue to work with supporters to reach our goal of banning assault weapons and high-capacity magazines. LEVO will hold a press conference tomorrow to discuss the details of their path forward.

One of the pathways Ceasefire Oregon will take is to work with lawmakers to introduce a bill in the 2019 legislative session which will regulate ammunition and ammunition sales. The bill would include:

• Limiting high-capacity magazines to 5 rounds (hunters in Oregon are limited to 5 rounds when hunting large game like elk);
  • Prohibiting the sale of ammunition to people who cannot legally purchase guns;
  • Prohibiting the sale of expanding bullets like Hydra Shok, and bullets that send shards through a body.
A ban on assault weapons and high-capacity magazines WILL be passed in Oregon. We do not know if it will happen in 2018, or in the 2019 legislative session, or as a 2020 initiative petition, but we do know that Oregonians WILL put an end to the sale of military-grade weapons and ammunition in our state.

A poll taken immediately after the Parkland massacre shows that 67% of Americans want a complete ban on assault weapons and magazines. In addition, <broken link removed> show that reducing access to these weapons of war reduces death.

Americans have witnessed the unspeakable toll that gun violence has taken on our families. We have seen first-hand the bloody carnage left by these weapons of war.

The gun lobby, however, is only focused on the numbers in their ledgers. The gun lobby refuses to admit that millions of people support a complete ban on assault weapons. Perhaps it's because the gun sellers don't see the fear in the eyes of our children when they go to school. Perhaps it's because the nra isn't around to hear the screams of parents and teachers and friends as bullets from an AR 15 rip through children at schools, concert-goers in Vegas, or shoppers in a mall.

People who profit from these weapons of war never visited the immediate aftermath of a mass shooting and smelled the dried blood of innocent teachers and children in the hallways of our schools.

The gun sellers don't see the dead bodies; they only see profits.

But Ceasefire Oregon and LEVO see an end to the carnage, the fear, and the greed that has taken so many lives. We see an end to assault weapons in our communities, on our streets, and in our schools–and we are on a path forward to that goal.

Remember: we are members of Lift Every Voice Oregon and we will never be silenced.

So please raise YOUR voice right now by calling your state legislators to tell them you support a ban on assault weapons and high-capacity magazines in the 2019 legislative session.

Find your legislators here and call now! They are not in session but please leave a clear, polite message stating that you want a ban on assault weapons and high-capacity magazines. Weapons of war have no place in our great state.

Then call the following legislators and tell them you support a ban on assault weapons and high-capacity magazines. Remember to be clear and polite.

Senate President Peter Courtney: 503-986-1600 Email

House Majority Leader Jennifer Williamson: 503-986-1436 Email

Senate Majority Leader Ginny Burdick: 503-986-1700 Email

Remember: we will always fight for our children and we will never be silenced!

Penny, Joanne, and the entire Ceasefire Oregon and LEVO Team

Ammunition ban? No lead? 5 round magazine capacity? No hollow points? Yeah. Riiiiiiight.......:rolleyes:

The blind leading the blind here. How'd that work for you guys for IP43/44 eh?

Last Edited:

:D A simple saber rattling email in an attempt to save face. They lost big today and are trying to keep people encouraged.

At least three of these are dead before they're even introduced.

That's not to say we should be complacent.

No, nothing. I emailed it to them.
I emailed mine in also, along with ZigZagZeke and both of us received a letter from the IRS acknowledging the email and stating which IRS department handles these matters. It was a form letter, but was nice to know that they at least looked at the complaint form that we sent.

I emailed mine in also, along with ZigZagZeke and both of us received a letter from the IRS acknowledging the email and stating which IRS department handles these matters. It was a form letter, but was nice to know that they at least looked at the complaint form that we sent.

Well, my wife handles the mail, so who knows. :D

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads