JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I found this part from the ballot title opinion interesting.
Caught them red handed in one of there lies. :s0155:

''We agree with petitioners, however, that the caption inaccurately describes the registration exception. By stating that assault weapons and large capacity magazines are prohibited "unless registered with state police," the caption implies that the exception generally permits registered ownership after IP 43 goes into effect. But, unless a covered weapon or magazine is inherited later, the exception applies only at the outset—that is, to any person who possesses a prohibited weapon or magazine prior to the proposed measure becoming effective (who then has 120 days to either register the weapon or magazine, or take a different required, alternative step). IP 43, § 4(3). (For inherited items, the registration exception applies for 120 days after the owner acquires title, id. at § 4(4)(d).) No other person is permitted to register a covered item, at any time. The caption must be modified accordingly.''

According to the courts Ruling, the term "Assault weapon" is to broad and misleading, it can be used to describe only military issue weapons ( correct call Justices) and it can be misrepresented by the list of specific features That would ban non military weapons! The court also "Found" the term too broad and full of multiple meanings! Emotionally Charged!

I'm actually shocked the OSC did their job and didn't take the activist Judge approach.

Today is a great day to let freedom ring on some steel, let's not forget all the hard work from OOC and OFF and yes, even a little tiny bit from the NRA! Great job folks, many thanks!:)

MAKE ORYGUN GREAT AGAIN, vote hard and often, and let's clean out the Swamp in Salem!

Today is a great day to let freedom ring on some steel, let's not forget all the hard work from OOC and OFF and yes, even a little tiny bit from the NRA! Great job folks, many thanks!:)

MAKE ORYGUN GREAT AGAIN, vote hard and often, and let's clean out the Swamp in Salem!

And don't forget SAF - whatever these a-holes try in Oregon they try in Washington, too, and vice-versa. When we stand together our power to protect our Freedoms is stronger!

This was a well deserved victory but it's just another battle to retain our rights under the Constitution. Those that would deprive us of our rights will continue their devious campaigns in many areas and we must be prepared to defend those rights.

Vigilance is Freedom.

Time to go on the offensive. It seems preparing an initiative guaranteeing our 2nd Amendment rights will not be curtailed in Oregon is the way to go. I for one hate being on the defensive side of things all the time.

So a few things:

1) now is the time to ramp up our activism, a clear message has been sent by gun owners, now we need to all show up at the ballot box in November and complete the message.

2) we need pro gun legislation waiting in the wings for the next legislative session. Constitutional Carry and Gun Owners Rights should be at the top of the list.

3) please, please, please, financially support those organizations that stood in the way of this making it to the ballot. OOC, OFF, SAF, NRA and GOA. Without our continued support, they'll not have the ability to protect us next time.

4) talk up responsible gun ownership, teach someone how to shoot, be a mentor. We have a responsibility to ourselves, each other, and future generations to keep the rich and diverse culture of the shooting sports and hunting alive

Thank you to everyone who has worked tirelessly to the rights of gun owners. That you OOC, OFF, NRA and others. We have a debt of gratitude to your efforts!

So a few things:

1) now is the time to ramp up our activism, a clear message has been sent by gun owners, now we need to all show up at the ballot box in November and complete the message.

2) we need pro gun legislation waiting in the wings for the next legislative session. Constitutional Carry and Gun Owners Rights should be at the top of the list.

3) please, please, please, financially support those organizations that stood in the way of this making it to the ballot. OOC, OFF, SAF, NRA and GOA. Without our continued support, they'll not have the ability to protect us next time.

4) talk up responsible gun ownership, teach someone how to shoot, be a mentor. We have a responsibility to ourselves, each other, and future generations to keep the rich and diverse culture of the shooting sports and hunting alive

Thank you to everyone who has worked tirelessly to the rights of gun owners. That you OOC, OFF, NRA and others. We have a debt of gratitude to your efforts!

Exactly, exactly, exactly

I'm not going to celebrate. In the next legislative session, the left wing (R)'s will conspire with the (D)'s to pass this through under an "emergency clause", and we will be stuck with it.
Take the momentum from beating this and keep up the energy into elections. Otherwise, we've just delayed the inevitable.

Sorry to piss in everyone's celebratory pool, but this won't stop the left. Keep up the fight, be more reasonable than the other side, and continue to maintain respectful dialogue with those who are on the fence and those on the other side. That's the only way we win. If you dig in your heels and refuse to debate and refuse to acknowledge reasonable concerns from the other side, we will still lose this fight.

Okay, I'm done with my political bullbubblegum for the month. Back to talking about guns...

IP43 twitter feed is here: Lift Every Voice Oregon (@LiftEveryVoice_) | Twitter

So far no gnashing of teeth, but it's coming...
THIS will cause some nasty comments and some snowflake tears:
422697-65931d20907e88a266f396f074ee57cb.jpg
"Culture of death" and all that rot. Doesn't bother me, but this is a political fight and optics do matter to some folks

I'm not going to celebrate. In the next legislative session, the left wing (R)'s will conspire with the (D)'s to pass this through under an "emergency clause", and we will be stuck with it.
Take the momentum from beating this and keep up the energy into elections. Otherwise, we've just delayed the inevitable.
^^^This!!!

This is the message that has to be brought to every civil rights lovin' Oregonian. We have to vote for those who uphold the Constitution and Bill of Rights. Not some billionaires whim...

Every single right define in the Bill of Rights is at risk with our current legislature... Let that sink in for a minute... And remember that as you color in those little ovals on the ballot in November...

Your voting for freedom and liberty... Period....

So a few things:

I completely agree with all your points. The OSC gave us some breathing room, but if Oregon's anti-gun pols get 2/3rds majority in Nov and Brown wins reelection they may implement this type of law anyways. We have to fill a majority of Oregon house seats with Pro2A candidates this Nov.

Sorry to piss in everyone's celebratory pool, but this won't stop the left. Keep up the fight, be more reasonable than the other side, and continue to maintain respectful dialogue with those who are on the fence and those on the other side. That's the only way we win. If you dig in your heels and refuse to debate and refuse to acknowledge reasonable concerns from the other side, we will still lose this fight.

Okay, I'm done with my political bullbubblegum for the month. Back to talking about guns...
Agreed. Enough house seats are winnable if we get off the couch.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews