JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Life long oregonians or the transplant "oregonians"?
With the recent SCOTUS decision on public union compulsory payments, it's quite possible that the political landscape, now controlled by public employee union money, will drastically change. If it does, it will take some time.

With the recent SCOTUS decision on public union compulsory payments, it's quite possible that the political landscape, now controlled by public employee union money, will drastically change. If it does, it will take some time.

I was just reading about that today. I know i've gotten political stuff in the mail from my union that I do not agree with. I don't really feel like aiding in campaign funds against mine or the states interest really. Hope this gets taken up by lots to stop aiding opposition.

I was just reading about that today. I know i've gotten political stuff in the mail from my union that I do not agree with. I don't really feel like aiding in campaign funds against mine or the states interest really. Hope this gets taken up by lots to stop aiding opposition.
With this decision you should now be able to opt out of being a union member and paying dues or fees in lieu of dues.

With this decision you should now be able to opt out of being a union member and paying dues or fees in lieu of dues.

I spoke with my boss about that today a little and it seemed like this was mostly for Government related, but I also note my union is on the list and it also mentions public employees. Said I could give it a shot at worst they would tell me no or I do not apply towards it.

Guess i'll have to test the waters myself and find out. But I mean hey, $600 a year not going towards crony's would certainly make me feel better as well as having another $50 in the pocket each month.

Might be a little late but just heard that IP 43 has been shut down until 2020. Let's all make a concerted effort to get on the good side and vote our own initiative in that can stop the future attacks! Any attorneys out there want to take this on?

"If?" The last Republican governor in this state was Vic Atiyeh. 1987 :eek::eek::eek:. I was still listening to Zeppelin, had a m16A1, and was waiting for the cold war to go hot.

The last time we had a Republican Governor was before we had mail in ballot and a successive strings of Democrat Secretaries of State. Richardson was in striking distance in a few elections ago and now as SoS will ensure thing are done fairly. Not that I'm suggesting that Democrats would fudge a bit his way or that way to get the outcome they wanted...

So "Bad Penny" Okamoto wants to limit Oregon gun owners to FIVE ROUNDS. We need to start running some PSAs to contradict the Hollywood one shot and the bad guy goes down myth like this:

"the murderous attacker simply would not go down, even though he was shot 14 times with .45-cal. ammunition — six of those hits in supposedly fatal locations" Why one cop carries 145 rounds of ammo on the job
But this is Oregon... Snowflakes fall at the sight of a gun... :rolleyes:

Pun intended...

This came out 5 years ago - but if you know someone that thinks magazine restrictions are just fine, you know, because hunters...see if they are open minded enough to view this video and perhaps reconsider the difference between a hunter taking down an animal 100 yards away and a home invasion with multiple bad guys:

This came out 5 years ago - but if you know someone that thinks magazine restrictions are just fine, you know, because hunters...see if they are open minded enough to view this video and perhaps reconsider the difference between a hunter taking down an animal 100 yards away and a home invasion with multiple bad guys:

Exceptional

Exceptional

Every time I watch that video, it makes me uncomfortable. The thought of not being able to defend my family is one of my worst nightmares.

I always keep that bookmarked to share with anyone willing to watch it. So many folks don't consider all the factors in a defensive shoot - emotion, adrenaline, movement, violence, and the fact that not every bad guy is stopped with a single shot, or even 5. Comparing defensive shooting to hunting is such a false equivalence that no reasonable person would dare make such a false comparison. A simple Google search shows that many violent events that require the use of a gun involve more than one attacker. The simple fact is that not every bullet will hit or stop it's intended target - watching the police is great evidence of that.

If they really, truly, believe 5 rounds are all that are needed for self-defense, then if that requirement is put on us, then I demand all LE's, all military, any city, state or federal agency that carries arms be limited to 5 rounds. If it won't work for them, it won't work for us.

Every time I watch that video, it makes me uncomfortable. The thought of not being able to defend my family is one of my worst nightmares.

I always keep that bookmarked to share with anyone willing to watch it. So many folks don't consider all the factors in a defensive shoot - emotion, adrenaline, movement, violence, and the fact that not every bad guy is stopped with a single shot, or even 5. Comparing defensive shooting to hunting is such a false equivalence that no reasonable person would dare make such a false comparison. A simple Google search shows that many violent events that require the use of a gun involve more than one attacker. The simple fact is that not every bullet will hit or stop it's intended target - watching the police is great evidence of that.

If they really, truly, believe 5 rounds are all that are needed for self-defense, then if that requirement is put on us, then I demand all LE's, all military, any city, state or federal agency that carries arms be limited to 5 rounds. If it won't work for them, it won't work for us.

When the timing is right, likely when the Dems introduce their AWB/mag limit this winter, I'll be unfriended by 90% of my FB friends after I post this there. Guess I'll have to deal with 90% less FB stupidity.

Don't forget to thank Oregon Hunters Association. They along with the NRA filed a law suit against state for both 43 and 44. If you're not an OHA member you should be. It's cheap and they do a lot for Oregon. Plus you get a monthly news letter and a monthly magazine.

This letter was published yesterday, in The News Review Public Forum(Roseburg):

Looking at IP43 logically, instead of emotionally.
Judging from the opinion of at least one reader, there seems to be a lack of comprehension on why IP43 had to be stopped. Please allow me to clarify the issue.

Trying to circumvent the State and US constitutions by last minute railroading of falsely advertised ballot measures, is a great risk to our Republic. Organizations such as OFF and NRA, are merely like minded citizens, logically trying to block a disingenuous overreach.
I can understand that emotions enter into the equation, but when we talk about passing a law, logic must be paramount.
Many people are seemingly ignorant of the reasons for gun ownership. We cannot depend on others to come to our defense, because when seconds count, the police are normally minutes away(or longer). Why should we take that gamble?
IP43 attempted to circumvent our right to self protection through a scheme of registration, which can lead to eventual confiscation if the government desires.

Don't forget to thank Oregon Hunters Association. They along with the NRA filed a law suit against state for both 43 and 44. If you're not an OHA member you should be. It's cheap and they do a lot for Oregon. Plus you get a monthly news letter and a monthly magazine.
Way ahead of you, I already removed or have been unfriended by any remaining anti's since tge shooting in Florida, and good riddance.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top