JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
2. All but 1 or 2 counties in Washington rejected I-1639. Obviously it passed in king county and if I remember right, it passed in pierce as well. Is it fair that one county is able to make all our policy for an entire state?

This is close, but not entirely true. Go to the WA Secretary of state website for the exact numbers, it is broken down by county for each ballot measure. If we give out stats, make sure they are right. :s0155:

***NOTICE*** ***NOTICE***
The links I posted earlier are now corrected....

The repeal1639 print format was apparently incorrect. It's been changed to be legal/

These need to be printed on 17x22 double sided. Most places wont do it but just call around and ask them if they can do it double sided manually.
They didn't cost much here. It was about 2$ a sheet.

Dan

Last edited by a moderator:
This is close, but not entirely true. Go to the WA Secretary of state website for the exact numbers, it is broken down by county for each ballot measure. If we give out stats, make sure they are right. :s0155:
Yeah, I was trying to remember from back when i looked at the breakdown but i remembered it being really low. Is it more than 2?

Are the people who are getting this initiative going, or any of you, familiar with the clause that all laws that are passed can't be modified or changed for 2 years?

I read this somewhere in the RCW's and i think that is one of the reasons it took so long to correct some of the many flaws of 594 when it passed.

Obviously if a law is deemed unconstitutional by the courts, that would negate this clause but we are a long ways away from any possibility of that happening. So are we gonna end up just getting shot down if by some miracle this makes it to the ballot and then a second miracle that it actually passes?

Not trying to be the negative Nancy here but you know the left and Fergie will be looking for ANYTHING to stop it in its tracks.

UPDATE - WERE PRINTING 20,000 SIGNATURE SHEETS AND DISTRIBUTING TO 8 LOCATIONS AROUND THE STATE. THOSE DISTRIBUTION POINTS WILL BE REGIONALLY LOCATED.

Initiative 1094 Repeal 1639 progress update
As you're all aware, the roll out of this grassroots repeal effort has had a few hiccups. This wasn't our rodeo, but we see our fellow Washington citizens struggling and we have stepped in to remedy the situation.

We have taken the steps to set up the Political Action Committee (PAC) #F1639. This is required to be compliant with Washington election law and prevent legal issues for the Initiative organizers. We will not seek individual donations to help cover the cost, as that's a huge administrative headache, this is our gift to the citizens of Washington. Our free online 1639 class was the warm up gift.

We have ordered 20,000 signature sheets, 17"x22", doubled sided as required by Washington law. If its anything other than that size, printed front and back, it will be REJECTED by the Secretary of State's office. The size is difficult and expensive to print.

Printing will be completed through this weekend, its a pretty big order for any print shop on a short lead time. We should be getting these to shops on Monday/Tuesday.

Logistics:

We have numerous primary distribution sites across the state. They will have the sheets by TUESDAY if all goes well. Pay attention to the social feeds and we'll share announces through our social page as well.
North: Skagit Arms, Burlington
Central; Kittitas County Trading Post, Ellensburg
Peninsula: Fred Guns, Sequim
Puget Sound: Rehv Arms, Covington
Puget Sound: West Coast Armory, Bellevue
Puget Sound: Pistol Annies, Bonney Lake
Northeast: Sharpshooters Range, Spokane
Southeast: Talos Tactical, West Richland
Southwest: Sporting Systems

Each location will have petitions to sign, or to pick up copies for you to use, hopefully you will be able to register voters at these locations as well.

Ranges, gunshops, gunclubs, or other groups wanting to distribute signature sheets should pick up sheets at these locations. We will maintain a post of gun shops that have sheets available for distribution or signing. Sheets will not be mailed or shipped, the PDF won't be shared any longer either as too many wrong sized sheets are already in circulation, a tremendous waste of time and energy...as well as lost voters.

Please do not call, email or message these shops about information (its overwhelming), but follow their social feeds for information.

VOTERS:
WA registered voters ONLY.
Do not sign more than one sheet, it will result in both signatures being tossed out.
Signature and voter information MUST be legible.
Completed sheets, return to the distribution points or mail per the instructions on the signature sheets.
Signatures must be on a sheet that meets all of the Washington election laws, for size, content, readability and properly marked (unlike the Yes on 1639 campaign).

Please like and share this post. This is all grassroots effort, the citizens are standing up and fighting back. We need everyone on board to gather 300,000 signatures before December 27th. It won't be easy, but its not that hard either.
Potential signature gathering locations, private locations will require permission from the property owner:
Sporting events
Holiday parties
Gun shows
Grocery stores
Church services
Rallies
Public spaces/Parks/Busy Sidewalks

Be respectful and polite collecting signatures, but please make the effort.

We learned a lot with our NO on 1639 campaign and hope those lessons will help this effort here. Now gear up, get work done and #F1639.
FACEBOOK GROUP #F1639-Repeal 1639 will be the Social page to watch for current information too.

We have numerous primary distribution sites across the state. They will have the sheets by TUESDAY if all goes well. Pay attention to the social feeds and we'll share announces through our social page as well.
North: Skagit Arms, Burlington
Central; Kittitas County Trading Post, Ellensburg
Peninsula: Fred Guns, Sequim
Puget Sound: Rehv Arms, Covington
Puget Sound: West Coast Armory, Bellevue
Puget Sound: Pistol Annies, Bonney Lake
Northeast: Sharpshooters Range, Spokane
Southeast: Talos Tactical, West Richland
Southwest: Sporting Systems

I wonder if West Coast Armory could have a few more copies. They have multiple locations with one in Lynnwood/Everett area. Between Bellevue and Burlington are large population areas (Seattle, S Seattle, N Seattle, Shoreline, Everett, Woodinville, Bothell, Marysville, Arlington, etc.)

Both mega stores, Cabela's and Sportsmans Warehouse are located up north including many pawnshops which also sells firearms.

"Each location will have petitions to sign, or to pick up copies for you to use, ..."

"Completed sheets, return to the distribution points or mail per the instructions on the signature sheets."

So I can pick up a petition sheet at one of the locations listed..... get it filled in and then return the completed page to the same shop from which I picked up the blank?

I wonder if West Coast Armory could have a few more copies. They have multiple locations with one in Lynnwood/Everett area. Between Bellevue and Burlington are large population areas (Seattle, S Seattle, N Seattle, Shoreline, Everett, Woodinville, Bothell, Marysville, Arlington, etc.)

Both mega stores, Cabela's and Sportsmans Warehouse are located up north including many pawnshops which also sells firearms.

Skagit arms will be a distribution point. West Coast Armory Bellevue is too. Cabelas Lacey has approved signature gathers to be onsite, we'll have an answer from Tulalip soon. All the others shops and rangers will need to get sheets from the distribution points.

Skagit arms will be a distribution point. West Coast Armory Bellevue is too. Cabelas Lacey has approved signature gathers to be onsite, we'll have an answer from Tulalip soon. All the others shops and rangers will need to get sheets from the distribution points.
Any chance there will be petitions @ Bass pro shop in Tacoma? Sportco in Fife? Sportsman's Warehouse in Puyallup?

Signed it today at Sporting Systems, Vancouver. Also picked up 2 sheets to carry with me. I'll be in the Tahuya State Forest this Saturday to evaluate shooting sites and am planning to get signatures from the shooters I meet. After that, I'm in the Yacolt Burn State Forest often and will continue to sign them up!

I also got the fliers with the QR code to voter registration, in case someone is not registered and needs to. Only hope we have phone reception where ever we are.

It's on, baby! We've had enough of this #F1639 crap!

Signed it today at Sporting Systems, Vancouver. Also picked up 2 sheets to carry with me. I'll be in the Tahuya State Forest this Saturday to evaluate shooting sites and am planning to get signatures from the shooters I meet. After that, I'm in the Yacolt Burn State Forest often and will continue to sign them up!

I also got the fliers with the QR code to voter registration, in case someone is not registered and needs to. Only hope we have phone reception where ever we are.

It's on, baby! We've had enough of this #F1639 crap!
Thank you. Make sure and let those that sign know not to sign multiple petitions and get their signatures disqualified.

I will be signing and picking up a signature sheet at Rehv arms.
We all need to get in on this. Even with 600k CPL holders and over a million 1639 no votes, I have a feeling getting 300k gun owners to sign is going to take some serious work. Lets make it happen :s0160:

Are the people who are getting this initiative going, or any of you, familiar with the clause that all laws that are passed can't be modified or changed for 2 years?

I read this somewhere in the RCW's and i think that is one of the reasons it took so long to correct some of the many flaws of 594 when it passed.

Obviously if a law is deemed unconstitutional by the courts, that would negate this clause but we are a long ways away from any possibility of that happening. So are we gonna end up just getting shot down if by some miracle this makes it to the ballot and then a second miracle that it actually passes?

Not trying to be the negative Nancy here but you know the left and Fergie will be looking for ANYTHING to stop it in its tracks.

Sorry to quote my own post but, has this been thought about? I misspoke that it was in the rcw, it's actually in the state constitution. Laws can't be modified or repealed for 2yrs unless 2/3 vote in the legislature. I hope there is a work around but if this is being ignored because we don't like it, that's not good... that's what leftists do, and they will get this thrown out fast if it were to pass. Here's the text copied: Article II section 1c

(c) No act, law, or bill subject to referendum shall take effect until ninety days after the adjournment of the session at which it was enacted. No act, law, or bill approved by a majority of the electors voting thereon shall be amended or repealed by the legislature within a period of two years following such enactment: Provided, That any such act, law, or bill may be amended within two years after such enactment at any regular or special session of the legislature by a vote of two-thirds of all the members elected to each house with full compliance with section 12, Article III, of the Washington Constitution, and no amendatory law adopted in accordance with this provision shall be subject to referendum. But such enactment may be amended or repealed at any general regular or special election by direct vote of the people thereon.

Sorry to quote my own post but, has this been thought about? I misspoke that it was in the rcw, it's actually in the state constitution. Laws can't be modified or repealed for 2yrs unless 2/3 vote in the legislature. I hope there is a work around but if this is being ignored because we don't like it, that's not good... that's what leftists do, and they will get this thrown out fast if it were to pass. Here's the text copied: Article II section 1c

(c) No act, law, or bill subject to referendum shall take effect until ninety days after the adjournment of the session at which it was enacted. No act, law, or bill approved by a majority of the electors voting thereon shall be amended or repealed by the legislature within a period of two years following such enactment: Provided, That any such act, law, or bill may be amended within two years after such enactment at any regular or special session of the legislature by a vote of two-thirds of all the members elected to each house with full compliance with section 12, Article III, of the Washington Constitution, and no amendatory law adopted in accordance with this provision shall be subject to referendum. But such enactment may be amended or repealed at any general regular or special election by direct vote of the people thereon.
Never mind, I just realized after reading it over 3 or 4 more times that it looks like its just the LEGISLATURE that can't change it for 2 yrs... direct vote of the PEOPLE (via initiative),it appears, is good.

Good luck to us all! And thanks to sporting systems for getting it going!

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top