JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This thread brings up a related topic:
What happens when an NFA holder dies? Assuming the heirs don't have an NFA are they obliged to sell the machine guns, etc, immediately? Do the Feds swoop in and confiscate them for "safekeeping"?

Nobody swoops in. The item (MG, SBR etc ) transfers to the heirs tax free on a form 5. They still have to do a background check etc but there is no $200 tax. Its all part of the probate process. Trust held items are a different story. Those just go to the ( eligible) beneficiary of the trust.

Nobody swoops in. The item (MG, SBR etc ) transfers to the heirs tax free on a form 5. They still have to do a background check etc but there is no $200 tax. Its all part of the probate process. Trust held items are a different story. Those just go to the beneficiary of the trust.

Did not know that. Thank you for taking time to reply.

When my friend died in '08 his widow refused to deal with the two tax stamped sub machine guns and a suppressor. Five years passed before I convinced her to deal with them.
We hired Dennis Brislawn of NW Gun Law Group to try and save them from the ATF and $15,000 bucks later they were incorporated into a gun trust.

And to think anti-gunners hate us for not wanting more gun control laws...
Cause we all know how much all this BS has greatly reduced "gun violence" :rolleyes:

And to think anti-gunners hate us for not wanting more gun control laws...
Cause we all know how much all this BS has greatly reduced "gun violence" :rolleyes:

Just this morning gun control laws saved my life. I walked to the end of my driveway to fetch my morning paper and I thought "golly, I'd be dead by now if we didn't have background checks". :rolleyes:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top