JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Hi @HighlandLofts ,
Thank you for the comments. We would like to come up but between work and my wife doing something bad to her knee we arent going to make it. Dr appointment this coming week for her. I will try to get another load or two out if the mess we have down here.

Do need to plan another trip up that way though. The area was beautiful.

Is anyone wanting to camp on Saturday night for the cleanup on Sunday? I'm up for it.

I'm thinking of setting up camp at the cleanup site on Sultan Basin Rd. But only if I'm sure someone else will camp there with me!

Bill

Went up to the Peak this evening snd worked on the trash more. Almost think I am seeing the end of the quest. Beautiful evening up there. Think this area is going to be my new rifle range. No animals tonight running around. Have fun on Sunday at the clean up.
20230602_192946.jpg
What is left
IMG_8091.jpg
IMG_8092.jpg
Tonights load
20230602_192955.jpg
Great progress I think.

Great progress. Sometimes there is a light at the end of the tunnel.
It's a good feeling when you see the results of your hard work. It's amazing how much trash people leave out in the woods.

We're loaded up and ready to roll. Sultan Basin Rd, WA, here we come! Departure: 3:30 AM (Pickup truck only this trip cause it's a long haul and don't need everything in the trailer).

loaded.jpg

We've got cleanup tools, trash bags, gloves, tables, prizes to give away and coolers full of food & drinks.​

Hope you are joining us tomorrow, Sunday June 4th! We'll have hot coffee and donuts for you at the 9 AM meeting.

A stewardship event at a target shooting site, along the Sultan Basin Rd, with Washington State Department of Natural Resources, Washington Chapter of Backcountry Hunters & Anglers & Trash No Land.

It's a day of paying it back for all the great hunting and recreation we do on public lands.

"Stewardship Keeps It Open!"

Details at:
https://www.trashnoland.org/sultan-basin-wa-cleanup-with-wa-backcountry-hunters-anglers/

The Event Trailer signage is done! Now they'll see us coming and going, and will know what we stand for.

I gotta say, I am very impressed with NW Sign Solutions, Vancouver WA! I received prompt service, great communication, detailed proofs, immediate corrections of proofs and timely performance, (not to mention the high quality work!). Thank you Marshal and crew! Well done!

And the build continues... Bathroom plumbing next!

The Event Trailer signage is done! Now they'll see us coming and going, and will know what we stand for.

I gotta say, I am very impressed with NW Sign Solutions, Vancouver WA! I received prompt service, great communication, detailed proofs, immediate corrections of proofs and timely performance, (not to mention the high quality work!). Thank you Marshal and crew! Well done!

And the build continues... Bathroom plumbing next!

Very nice, way better than the first graphics job. But you'd better keep that door with the 'restroom' sign locked when the trailer is not in use otherwise it'll just be a matter of time before you'll have the homeless dropping off their kids at the pool :D

Very nice, way better than the first graphics job. But you'd better keep that door with the 'restroom' sign locked when the trailer is not in use otherwise it'll just be a matter of time before you'll have the homeless dropping off their kids at the pool :D
Yeah, the first company sounded good, had a great price and I really liked the guy, however, he didn't have the experience like he sounded. The little bit he got done was poorly done and needed to be re-done. Since I had so much trouble trying to get him to even respond to an email, much less get something done, after 2 months I decided to go elsewhere. Glad I did. Now comes the problem of recouping the money paid to him in advance. I hope it doesn't lead to a court case, cause I like the guy and wish him well in his business. But if he make promises he cannot keep, he should be upfront from the get-go. So far it's been 4 weeks since I informed him I'm going elsewhere and requesting a refund, but no response. I sent another email yesterday and waiting to hear back, but not counting on it. Now I need to start thinking Small Claims Court. Bummer.

As for the homeless part, HA!, yeah, the backyard pool is a popular place for summer beach parties, but the trailer is parked out of sight. Plus I keep everything locked pretty tight (even a hitch lock).

However, if these are 'homeless' people, well... I'm okay with that stuff! :rolleyes:

20200726_143712.jpg

Sent this to our local BLM rep tonight from our evening adventure.

Worked on the gravel pad tonight. We got the gravel pad completely cleaned off tonight except the stuff that Kirk is going to pick up. Added more to it from the stuff in trees. We both felt great and had lots of trailer and truck space left so we turned our attention to the rubish in the trees. Felt like we really made a dent. Really wish we had another truck, trailer and able body. I think we could have almost knocked it out. The trailer is over full but we strapped it down well and made it home. Will post the dump slips from tonights load and last weeks tomorrow.

I think probably 3 5x8 trailer loads will finish it off. To finish it I will need to recruit another person to carry the cabinets out. I am going to take a few weeks off from this to go camping on the weekends but will try to finish it up later in July or we can wait until the Marys Peak clean up in September.

Only other note is the 3000 line is blocked a couple of miles down from where the power lines cross the road. A couple of 3-5 footers came across the road. 20230609_192510.jpg 20230609_192523.jpg
20230609_192534.jpg 20230609_192539.jpg 20230609_192602.jpg
What is left.

Sent this to our local BLM rep tonight from our evening adventure.

Worked on the gravel pad tonight. We got the gravel pad completely cleaned off tonight except the stuff that Kirk is going to pick up. Added more to it from the stuff in trees. We both felt great and had lots of trailer and truck space left so we turned our attention to the rubish in the trees. Felt like we really made a dent. Really wish we had another truck, trailer and able body. I think we could have almost knocked it out. The trailer is over full but we strapped it down well and made it home. Will post the dump slips from tonights load and last weeks tomorrow.

I think probably 3 5x8 trailer loads will finish it off. To finish it I will need to recruit another person to carry the cabinets out. I am going to take a few weeks off from this to go camping on the weekends but will try to finish it up later in July or we can wait until the Marys Peak clean up in September.

Only other note is the 3000 line is blocked a couple of miles down from where the power lines cross the road. A couple of 3-5 footers came across the road.View attachment 1435343View attachment 1435342
View attachment 1435341View attachment 1435340View attachment 1435339
What is left.
Post when you are ready to take on those cabinets, I should be freed up to help out in July.

Went for a long drive all over the coast range today from Hwy20 to Hwy34. Sunny and about 70. Went in at Harlan, swung by the trash pile that we have been working on. Picked up 5 bags of junk and prepped some of the "furniture" for July's clean up of the area. Then came out West of Alsea. Found some really neat areas for hunting in the fall. The wife and I had a great lunch and took all the .22 firearms and went through at least 500 rounds of .22. Getting old. Open sites depending on the front site is getting to be a challenge. Flowers are out also.
20230623_133541.jpg 20230623_133600.jpg 20230623_133610.jpg 20230623_123240.jpg 20230623_143405.jpg IMG_8209.jpg IMG_8210(1).jpg IMG_8208.jpg

Went for a long drive all over the coast range today from Hwy20 to Hwy34. Sunny and about 70. Went in at Harlan, swung by the trash pile that we have been working on. Picked up 5 bags of junk and prepped some of the "furniture" for July's clean up of the area. Then came out West of Alsea. Found some really neat areas for hunting in the fall. The wife and I had a great lunch and took all the .22 firearms and went through at least 500 rounds of .22. Getting old. Open sites depending on the front site is getting to be a challenge. Flowers are out also.
View attachment 1442267View attachment 1442266View attachment 1442263View attachment 1442268View attachment 1442260View attachment 1442258View attachment 1442257View attachment 1442256
Thanks, Rem!

Maybe just leave the cabinets and put up a sign...
Cabinet Museum
$5 Entry Fee

Same with the truck thingy...
Old Contraption Equipment Museum
Free To View
Guess what it is and win $5!
-or-
Take it home and be a hero!

Another Civil Duty completed! Jury Duty and trial juror. He was found guilty of possession of a stolen vehicle and attempting to elude officers. She was found NOT guilty of knowing the vehicle was stolen, even though we all felt she knew, but the DA didn't have any evidence that she knew it was stolen. The only fact they presented against her was that she ran from the police once the vehicle stopped, but that doesn't prove she knew it was stolen before she got in as a passenger. The jury selection and trial only lasted 1 1/2 days.

So now I'm back to the TNL business at hand. Continue the TNL Event Trailer build and inform of upcoming events. YAY!

The trailer build is moving along quite well and I'm really pleased with how nice this will be. You can see, in the pic below, the toilet is in and plumbed. The black water tank is installed under the floor and plumbed. The fresh water tank is installed and plumbed. This photo doesn't show the counter top, or sink, but they are installed. When I turned on the water system, not one drip anywhere! I'll have full photos when this build is done and you're going to love it!

Toilet 2.jpg

Tomorrow is the cleanup in Darrington, organized by Pat ( @HighlandLofts ). He's done a lot of prep to put this together and it's going to be good! He has a couple trailers to haul the trash and DNR is footing the bill for disposal. He's offering an appreciation lunch and free prizes too.

Flyer for 7-15-23 Suiattle Rv Rd.png

The WA Chapter of Backcountry Hunters & Anglers is hosting a cleanup at Green Mountain on Aug 27th. They had originally planned it for Sunday July 16th, but moved it to Sun Aug 27th. More on this as we get closer.

358674977_10227690139673332_2706492650110951061_n.jpg
Have a great weekend, and don't start any fires!

Bill

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads