JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I see a story in today's Oregonian that a couple was arrested and charged with having a loaded gun in a hospital.
The charge was "possession of a loaded firearm in a public building".
I haven't been in an OR hospital for many years but here in WA a hospital is a privately owned building and not a "public building" like the Courthouse.
So, before I get in trouble if I ever have to visit anyone in an OR hospital are they considered "public buildings" making them off limits? I do have both WA and OR permits.

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
Defender of Freedom Award
Second Amendment Foundation Member
Washington Arms Collectors Member
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Member

"A gun is like a parachute. If you need one and don't have it, you'll probably never need one again!"

ORS 166.360 defines a hospital as a public building.

ORS 166.370 which prohibits firearms in the facility excludes CHL holders.

ORS 166.360 defines a hospital as a public building.

ORS 166.370 which prohibits firearms in the facility excludes CHL holders.

Thank you!!

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
Defender of Freedom Award
Second Amendment Foundation Member
Washington Arms Collectors Member
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Member

"A gun is like a parachute. If you need one and don't have it, you'll probably never need one again!"

There seems to be very few places in Oregon you can not carry with a valid chl ? Court facility, Indian reservation , federal buildings ? Any others ?

I think that is pretty much it. We let people carry in a lot of places where other states don't. You can carry in the state capitol or a bar.

Not saying it would pass muster however, OHSU does not allow CHL carry inside the buildings

True the universities try to have their own policies. I believe they can make them apply to students, faculty, contractors, etc. who have to sign a contract. General public is a great question that will show up in court at some point. At worst, they could only have you leave.

You guys got me reading. Interesting about the university. It looks like there was a case where a student at WOU was arrested but had the charges dropped when the prosecutor was challenged by OFF.

02.10.09 WOU STUDENT "TRIED" AND CONVICTED BY COLLEGE, CLEARED BY DA. - Oregon Firearms Federation

Anyhow, good information to have as I have a Oregon CHL.

Yeah, that case sent the Oregon University System scrambling like cockroaches when the light switch was flipped.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top