JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I learned something new today. I wonder if it's the same in OR?

Evidently, in TN public housing there is a condition for tenants that they may not have a firearm within their residence. A man was evicted from his public housing home, sued and won. The defendant argued that they had contractually agreed to the provision for housing, but the court saw it different. Citing Heller and Bruen, the court upheld a persons 2A right to possess a firearm within their home and that a person may not be compelled to forfeit their constitutionally protected rights. The provision itself is unconstitutional and may not be enforced.

Kind of some clear discrimination there too. If you're less fortunate... you don't have the right to defend yourself?? What where they thinking!!?

Noice!!

Does OR public housing have a provisison like that? If so... ahem... there is now a precedent to have it thrown out!!

Last Edited:
This has been happening for decades. When it first started it was "sold" as we are letting you live in tax payer supported housing so we can set any restrictions we want. When it first started to hit the net there was of course a lot of the usual " but, but, the constitution............ '. I said back then, the rights only mean what some black robe tells you they mean. Of course there was no shortage of black robes telling the states who did this they had the courts blessing. At the time I said if it was me? Or if I knew someone who lived in one of these places? It would be just keep a gun, do not tell the "management" and if they were coming in to do work keep it where they would not see it. If you ever had to use it and they evicted you? Well you would be alive to be able to move.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top