JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
We live amongst a massive amount of trees and mountains, yet god forbid you want to pop off a couple rounds. "Oh here's a good off road let's see if we can find a pit", nope some dumbass got stuck halfway up. By the way, plow the trails? It's been two weeks since it snowed and the state can't set aside some time to plow some of the popular recreation areas/logging roads? "Oh dang maybe we can stop here", nope some mush brain parents are letting their kids sled down the hill a few feet from hwy 6. You know what, you get on the sled, let me give you a solid push.

Imagine being able to take some shots up in the woods or into a rock pit. Just imagine? Only if we lived between a couple mountain ranges within a forest.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's been two weeks since it snowed and the fuccin state can't set aside some time to plow some of the popular recreation areas/logging roads?
The 'State' doesn't have near the amount of land as the National Forest and Typically the Forest Service does not plow any federal roads unless they lead to somewhere such a cinder pit, or other commonly used area by them.

I run into the same problem where I live but fortunately two of my favorite shooting spots get some limited plowing due to being near a cinder pit used for roads in winter. Even without plowing I can typically reach them in the winter.

A1.jpeg

Last Edited:
The world, and especially the government, does not exist to support your needs. But, being a firearm owner, I would expect you already know that.

Three weeks since it snowed? By my count, it's snowed more than a dozen times in the past three weeks, plus dipped into freezing many times more than that, keeping Clatsop, Washington, Tillamook, and Lincoln county DOT crews busy around the clock.
In the past week, I've seen multiple 4x4 pickups stuck on the side of the road because the driver thought his rig would easily crawl over the plow snow bank. Oops.

There are places that are open, you just have to be savvy and know where to go. Please clean up your mess when you're done.

Last year during the ice storm many members, including myself, took chainsaws and tools out to clear roads. It's not anybody else's responsibility to get anyone access to the woods.

I like it if I have to hike into an area. It usually means there won't be any yahoos.

So you checked two places and didn't have any luck? Maybe check two more places? Maybe go for a walk?

Sounds pretty "first world problematic" to me.

BTW the state/county will NEVER have any interest in plowing private timber land "logging roads". Just like they won't plow your driveway.

PS: drive out to browns camp, plenty of traffic in and out of there. Just watch the road by the road department when its slick. We spent all day getting a dodge truck with a scout on a trailer back up on the road once.

Pony up the dollar bills and buy membership at a gun club. This reads like a toddler who was just told they can't have frosted flakes. Waaaaaaa

We live amongst a massive amount of trees and mountains, yet god forbid you want to pop off a couple rounds. "Oh here's a good off road let's see if we can find a pit", nope some dumbass got stuck halfway up. By the way, plow the trails? It's been two weeks since it snowed and the state can't set aside some time to plow some of the popular recreation areas/logging roads? "Oh dang maybe we can stop here", nope some mush brain parents are letting their kids sled down the hill a few feet from hwy 6. You know what, you get on the sled, let me give you a solid push.

Imagine being able to take some shots up in the woods or into a rock pit. Just imagine? Only if we lived between a couple mountain ranges within a forest.
So how do you really feel? You can tell us. We're all friends here.

Jesus, I thought we were anyway? Then I read the all of the replies.

Don't worry @tatewoody , some times members get some kind of bug up their butt and come off dickish. It's not the norm.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you're from Portland, I don't see why you bother leaving city limits... nobody else seems to mind the constant shootings around town.

Honestly tho, get a range membership... it's the best way to shoot all winter long and not worry about road conditions. Half the time a lot of coastal roads are just too wet to drive!

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top