JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Honestly tho, get a range membership...
That's what it's come down to if you want to go shooting these days.
All of the decent spots by me have been closed for a long time and don't look to be opening anytime soon.

DRRC is close by but the startup cost kinda sucks.

There are maybe 5 members here that I would share my "secret spots" with.
OP seems like the type to bring 10 dudes to a party they weren't invited to, simply because the party exists, so my list isn't growing today.

I've lived near some of those hills & pits now for decades. Locals used to frequent various favorite places. Gradually unprecedented congestion & litter moved in, became a problem where none existed before. Eventually private landowners facing liability & civil if not criminal action along with hauling out the garbage every other week, affected them allowing access so freely. Gov.agencies changed their policies too.

Last Edited:
I've lived near some of those hills & pits now for decades. Locals used to frequent various favorite places. Gradually unprecedented congestion & litter moved in, became a problem where none existed before. Eventually private landowners facing liability & civil if not criminal action along with hauling out the garage every other week, affected them allowing access so freely. Gov.agencies changed their policies too.
Sad truth right here ^^^.

There are maybe 5 members here that I would share my "secret spots" with.
I have shared a few of my 'secret spots' with at least that many forum members or more and all have been respectful in keeping the secrets. A few were from out of the area so it's not real convienent for them to return but I hope to see a few of them again sometime!

Heck if I could find a club with a rifle/pistol range I would gladly pony up the money to join.
Any clubs in the Beavercreek or Molalla area?
I tried the Canby rod and gun club, they have like a 3 or 4 year waiting list.
I grew up in Molalla moved away in 1996 and just moved back. There used to be tons of places to shoot now there almost nowhere with the woods locked up and the rock pits gone.

My late pal Joe and I would get off road on a controlled gate to which he and the land-owner had the only keys. Sure, if you were determined, you could get around the gate, but you better have either a set of tracks or six foot diameter wheels to do it, else you were toast. Then it was a couple of miles uphill on a very poor track - in our Dodge Ram it was navigable, but only just. And then we got to the little clearing we used - the backstop was a butte, about a mile and half away - there was nothing but trees 'twixt us and it - all owned by the same land-owner. Heck, he said, shoot what you like - even the butte behind THAT one belongs to me.

In all the years we used it, we never saw nor heard another soul, but then, we wouldn't. We saw the landowner maybe once a year to make our number with him and keep him sweet, but as he was the guy we bought all our horse-feed hay - five tons at a time - we all knew each other well enough not to play the fool.

Joe's been gone six years now, and I sure do miss him and the great times we had.

Last Edited:
Heck if I could find a club with a rifle/pistol range I would gladly pony up the money to join.
I grew up in Molalla moved away in 1996 and just moved back. There used to be tons of places to shoot now there almost nowhere with the woods locked up and the rock pits gone.
Estacada rod and gun, also douglas ridge.

Estacada Rod and Gun, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to PO box 33318, PDX, 97292 for membership info. don't know if there is a wait time or not. just sent off for myself today

I guess you guys don't have the luxury of just throwing your shooting mat on the walkway to your front door and shooting into your own berm

P1030988.JPG P1030989.JPG

To the OP rather than whine about how unfair the world is to you, you could go down to the local forest circus, burrito of lawn maintenance office and BUY a map and look for the crossed pick symbol that marks the spot of a pit or gravel pile. Heck maybe you'll find your own super secret shooten' spot or maybe we'll be reading about you in the funny papers after the spring thaw.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top