JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
^. The fact this is still a thing circa 2020 is unintentionally hilarious, even if I don't personally have any interest in the substance in question. :s0112:

Yep. With legalization you get to save the costs of prohibition (police time, court time, lawyer time, jail time) that all comes out of our tax dollars AND the frosting on that is that the states can tax the pot itself and put that money to a public use which hopefully (but maybe not realistically) reduces my tax burden (I don't use pot, not for moralistic reasons, but because it just isn't fun for me at all and so selfishly, I don't care what the tax on pot is).

Yep. With legalization you get to save the costs of prohibition (police time, court time, lawyer time, jail time) that all comes out of our tax dollars AND the frosting on that is that the states can tax the pot itself and put that money to a public use which hopefully (but maybe not realistically) reduces my tax burden (I don't use pot, not for moralistic reasons, but because it just isn't fun for me at all and so selfishly, I don't care what the tax on pot is).

Yah, I'd be fine with legalizing it federally & taxing the snot out of it.

Mind, that we don't partake. No interest.

The real problem, as I see it, is there isn't a quick reliable method, yet to determine if someone is activily under the influence of it or not. ie in the workplace.

Fit for duty assessments take staff away from regular duties, very time consuming, disruptive, and contestable. Legal can of worms, unless someone is "obviously/blatantly" under the influence of a controlled substance at the time of the assessment.

The real problem, as I see it, is there isn't a quick reliable method, yet to determine if someone is activily under the influence of it or not. ie in the workplace.

A big part of that lack I think, is the illegal nature. I suspect it's hard to do scientific studies on impairment when you gotta get people high first, i.e., commit a crime. It also sounds like an area that many companies that handle inherently dangerous machinery or tasks would be interested in, and so I think that if it was legalized, you'd have a race by various researchers/pharma companies/whatever, to find a valid and accurate test not merely for use, but for impairment.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top