JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So, wouldn't that nullify the FOID?
The state will pick and choose which Federal laws to follow? Conflict of interest?

I fail to see how a state can protect a constituent against a federal law?

Without passing any judgement, I can't wrap my head around this. Same with sanctuary cities and states. Sorry VA/CA etc, you can't pick and choose.

The state will pick and choose which Federal laws to follow? Conflict of interest?

Without passing any judgement, I can't wrap my head around this. Same with sanctuary cities and states. Sorry VA/CA etc, you can't pick and choose.
You know, I'm getting to the opinion that I really don't care which law gets us back to state's rights and limited Fed.

Maybe this whole pot thing will get people giving the middle finger to the fed and we can all get back to the mindset of a limited gov.

I know. Dreaming.

You know, I'm getting to the opinion that I really don't care which law gets us back to state's rights and limited Fed.

Maybe this whole pot thing will get people giving the middle finger to the fed and we can all get back to the mindset of a limited gov.

I know. Dreaming.
Dreaming? Nah. High? Maybe.

if the cannabis consumers started out saying "we want to get high" this whole debate would have been over many years ago. They monkeyed around and said "snake oil this, snake oil that" and put everything on the dazed and confused track to legalization. State your cause and go for it.

The downside is most who want something like the legalization of THC also feel that nothing else is worth their time. Getting high > individual rights. The buck stops at pot. It is a sad reality.

This whole thing sounds like a mess getting worse.

The ISP added that it "will revoke FOID cards where it is demonstrated that an individual is addicted to or is a habitual user of cannabis"

So who gets to decide which of the people buying the now legal pot are addicted or habitual? This should be fun to watch :s0140:

I think they are probably just saying that they won't prosecute.

It isn't like the state or the feds are going around looking for pot users who have guns. Generally those are add on charges or charges of opportunity.

Seems to be the case here in OR, at least by the amount of pot related items I've seen in for sale ads thus far.

Or at least give states the right to make their own choice. What we have now is just a quagmire and it does nothing to further respect for the law (much like alcohol prohibition undermined respect for the law).
Agreed. Truthfully Id rather see that however still legalized at a federal level to solve some of the legal issues.. but allow states to perhaps limit/restrict, opt out, charge for possession on a state level.. sort of like dry counties. I figure that'd be the most realistic avenue.

Regardless of where one stands on weed, the fact remains of the 50 states (and also the territories) that make up this great nation, only one (Idaho) doesn't have some form of recreational or medical marijuana legalization. Might be time for the Feds to catch up.

You might might want check your facts, or at least your sources facts. Wyoming does not allow rec pot. It has a cbd law but the state will not issue licenses. Also decriminalization does not equal rec pot use ie Nebraska.

You might might want check your facts, or at least your sources facts. Wyoming does not allow rec pot. It has a cbd law but the state will not issue licenses.

No one, including the author of that article, is stating all have recreational. Look at the article again "some form of recreational or medical marijuana". That would include some very restrictive states (Wyoming and Texas being two examples) that have very limited medical.

No one, including the author of that article, is stating all have recreational. Look at the article again "some form of recreational or medical marijuana". That would include some very restrictive states (Wyoming and Texas being two examples) that have very limited medical.

33 states.

Federally CBD is now legal (thus you could argue all 50 states now have some form of legalization) and as it is hemp, it not classed as marijuana. Some states do not test for thc and still consider hemp products as marijuana essentially outlawing them. I think we maybe talking in circles at this point, but I would definitely not say that there is some form (or any form) of legalization in 49 states. Wyoming for example will not test for THC content, so essentially possession of hemp rope is the same as possession of marijuana. Would they prosecute this ridiculous example, I doubt it, but I sure as hell would not enter Wyoming from Colorado with pan of grandma's brownies in the car.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top