JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That is a good one ....thank you for sharing that one.

I stole mine from :
Poor Richard's Almanack
Some wise old dude named Benjamin Franklin wrote it....:eek: :D
Andy

There used to be a Poor Richard's restaurant in NE Portland we'd go to for special occasions when I was a kid that had a bunch of quotes on the menu. Loved reading them :s0155:

There used to be a Poor Richard's restaurant in NE Portland we'd go to for special occasions when I was a kid that had a bunch of quotes on the menu. Loved reading them :s0155:
Ha, we used to go there too, pretty cool place!
The other one I really miss was the old "Stock Yard" over on Marine Drive just past the expo center! Long gone now!

Interesting , considering the amount of sayings that go along these lines :
"Dine with little , sup with less : Do better still : sleep supperless"

Not sure if that makes for the best "yelp" review .....:eek: :D

As for the ignore feature...I think that it may prove useful for those that can partake in it.

And just tossing this out there....
If rule Number One was followed more often....there might be less need of a ignore button.
Andy

Ha, we used to go there too, pretty cool place!
The other one I really miss was the old "Stock Yard" over on Marine Drive just past the expo center! Long gone now!
Wasn't that the Red Steer?

Yep, The Red Steer!

All I remember is the name and the framed butterflies on the wall.

good news for the good ole' boys I guess.

I reckon anyone that's inclined put you on ignore has already done so, and this change in functionality wouldn't have any bearing on that. I don't think most regular members ignore other regular members very frequently, no matter how vehemently they tend to disagree with them. I've noticed an uptick of new/low post members that are just here to start arguments rather than engage in honest debate - these are the ones that have been making it on my iggy list.

I think some of the rise in incivility we've seen on here is just a result of the frustration most of us feel with the ongoing lockdowns and all the other stuff. Since this is a fairly close-knit community, people probably feel it's okay to express that frustration here sometimes - and like any family, we step on each others toes occasionally ;)

Yep, The Red Steer!

All I remember is the name and the framed butterflies on the wall.
Yup, they changed the name the last couple of years before closing up!
Remember Sweet Tippy Dunbars, right across the street from Benson Tech? best Prime Rib on the planet!:D
Jolly Rogers down on Hawthorne still there, damn good fish and chips!
Horse Brass Pub, Best Fish and Chips on the planet, still there!
Steamers up on Sandy and 82nd, used to be really good, haven't been there in years!

I reckon anyone that's inclined put you on ignore has already done so, and this change in functionality wouldn't have any bearing on that. I don't think most regular members ignore other regular members very frequently, no matter how vehemently they tend to disagree with them. I've noticed an uptick of new/low post members that are just here to start arguments rather than engage in honest debate - these are the ones that have been making it on my iggy list.

I think some of the rise in incivility we've seen on here is just a result of the frustration most of us feel with the ongoing lockdowns and all the other stuff. Since this is a fairly close-knit community, people probably feel it's okay to express that frustration here sometimes - and like any family, we step on each others toes occasionally ;)
I try to be careful of disturbing anyone's "WAH." Instead, when I find myself in disagreement with a member's post, I chant and then meditate while drinking a tea made from kale. I also flog myself with Birch branches to purge my mind of impure thoughts.

Yup, they changed the name the last couple of years before closing up!
Remember Sweet Tippy Dunbars, right across the street from Benson Tech? best Prime Rib on the planet!:D
Jolly Rogers down on Hawthorne still there, damn good fish and chips!
Horse Brass Pub, Best Fish and Chips on the planet, still there!
Steamers up on Sandy and 82nd, used to be really good, haven't been there in years!
I have found it difficult to find restaurants that offer the really great food and excellent service that many of Portland's older restaurants used to serve. I used to get really great Italian at Lido's.

Well, the ONE user that I have ever put on ignore doesn't appear to be around here anymore.
I just went to my "Ignoring" and clicked on his/her/their avatar and I got this message:
Oops.JPG
So, then I "un-ignored" him/her/them, and tried it again and got the exact same message.

As a further test, I clicked on the Notable Members link in the bottom banner, and that took me to the page where you can enter their username in the Find Member blank. After doing that, I again got the same message as first above.
So, I think that particular user's profile has not only been obliterated, but also that that particular user has been perma-banned from the site as well.

Well, the ONE user that I have ever put on ignore doesn't appear to be around here anymore.
I just went to my "Ignoring" and clicked on his/her/their avatar and I got this message:
View attachment 750683
So, then I "un-ignored" him/her/them, and tried it again and got the exact same message.

As a further test, I clicked on the Notable Members link in the bottom banner, and that took me to the page where you can enter their username in the Find Member blank. After doing that, I again got the same message as first above.
So, I think that particular user's profile has not only been obliterated, but also that that particular user has been perma-banned from the site as well.
Could they have erased their own profile before leaving?

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top