JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The only reason I became a mod is so nobody could ignore me. I didn't consider the fact that I then couldn't ignore anyone either.

So yeah, it backfired. :D

:s0140::s0140::s0140:
I got "Auto Washed" when I became a staff member! :confused:

1600296871999.png

I reckon anyone that's inclined put you on ignore has already done so, and this change in functionality wouldn't have any bearing on that. I don't think most regular members ignore other regular members very frequently, no matter how vehemently they tend to disagree with them. I've noticed an uptick of new/low post members that are just here to start arguments rather than engage in honest debate - these are the ones that have been making it on my iggy list.

I think some of the rise in incivility we've seen on here is just a result of the frustration most of us feel with the ongoing lockdowns and all the other stuff. Since this is a fairly close-knit community, people probably feel it's okay to express that frustration here sometimes - and like any family, we step on each others toes occasionally ;)

What I consider first with all the new members showing up....Maybe these are people that aren't so savvy when it comes to discussion forums? I can think of MY first one, musta been mid/late '80s maybe. Heck, discussion forums were all brand new then probably. Anyway, it was the "Bass Fishing Homepage". I seem to remember just comin' right in the door and acting like I owned the place! And the seasoned members, as I recall, weren't so friendly. I played there until I found ifish. Then here in 2010 when I found out how friendly firearms folks are. I'd just say to let noobs that seem abrasive have some time to get used to us and the site.

As far as "Incivility"? Oh heck yeah. you're spot on. It's been bad around these parts what with all the riots and lawlessness. And now fires and smoke. We need a place to vent, and have people overlook an outburst here and there that come from good members.

Maybe these are people that aren't so savvy when it comes to discussion forums?

Being completely serious, I'm honestly not sure who has more trouble using the site; the older folks I help from time to time or the kids just out of high school who I've referred here.

Being completely serious, I'm honestly not sure who has more trouble using the site; the older folks I help from time to time or the kids just out of high school who I've referred here.
I'm old and not intuitive, so maybe a FAQ page or complete instructions about how to do what might be helpful. Like a great many men, I don't read instructions so there's that to consider.

You musta gone back and edited, that photo wasn't there when I saw your post!
Wellllllll... :rolleyes:
Truth be told, yes, I sorta did. I threw up the text portion of my reply to "hold my space" in the post line, and then reached into my 1,600+ image secure meme storage location to find the MultiPass meme that I thought fer sure was in there. After spending farrrrrrrrrr too much time looking for it, I just went online to capture an appropriate image for use in my post. By then, you had posted what appears to be the exact same image that I ended up using.

But now, at least, I have a MultiPass image ready for use next time! :s0155:

Apparently the "Show Ignored Content" button at the bottom of the page was a casualty of this change??
On page 3 of this thread there is a post missing, which I presume is from someone on my Ignore list, yet there is no "Show Ignored Content" button.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top