JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Not a good idea imho. I can think of a number of people who could rack up 20 ignores because they don't share common views around here but I don't believe they are a holes.
I will tell you what is funny, I couldn't remember who I responded to with this post and there is no quote from my view of the post, I guess my response was unsatisfactory and earned me an invite to their ignore list.

The internet requires some thick skin. It pretty much has since inception.
I've mellowed out over the years. Things used to set me off that I don't even bat an eye at any more, though I probably do still have "thin skin" compared to a lot of you all. I suppose I grew up more sheltered than most.

I've only been on a small handful of forums off and on for about 20 years. Many times I've been surprised, if not shocked by how some people behave and treat each other, especially with the anonymity of the internet. I wasn't raised that way, and I don't like it.

It's been a real education, and I've learned a lot about human nature and people in general, some of it ugly, but it has given me thicker skin and mellowed my perspective.

The very small number of people on my ignore list have earned their spot there, but if the ignore feature went away, I'm sure I'd be better able to just ignore them now, especially since I generally stay away from politics.

Around here I am in the minority in my opinions. I simply no longer have the desire to argue, squabble over those comments that would grow strong plants in my opinion. So I just reason this with the belief that everyone has a right to thier opinion and move on. So far it has worked. I have recently only ignored some of the new guys that think they are going to sell something on this board and get rich. Those individuals I have no desire to read thier crap,

Around here I am in the minority in my opinions. I simply no longer have the desire to argue, squabble over those comments that would grow strong plants in my opinion. So I just reason this with the belief that everyone has a right to thier opinion and move on. So far it has worked. I have recently only ignored some of the new guys that think they are going to sell something on this board and get rich. Those individuals I have no desire to read thier crap,
I have this Nigerian prince who is going to send me enough cash I can quit working. Then I will be doing a LOT of buying here :D

I chose not to renew my account upgrade status because of the new ignore feature.
It's clique-ish. I hated that crap in 7th grade, hate it even more now.
some folks make it a toxic environment. i don't block often, but when i do, it's usually a chronic troll.

trollfun.JPG

I was super against the ignore feature. My mentality was against an echo chamber but I must admit I finally used the feature on one specific member. Not due to a difference in opinions or someone being an a$$ (I could care less about that) but due to the excessive and pointless (in my opinion) posts that cluttered my news feed.

The ones that bug me are those who feel the need to throw their snarky politics into everything, even non-political threads. It must make them feel superior or something.

I am getting better at just ignoring it though, so it has to get really bad before they go on the ignore list.

The ones that bug me are those who feel the need to throw their snarky politics into everything, even non-political threads. It must make them feel superior or something.

I am getting better at just ignoring it though, so it has to get really bad before they go on the ignore list.
Sadly it's all some people can talk about. But if you read/watch the news 24/7 and believe all that garbage (left or right) than it's all that fills that empty chamber in between the ears. And sadly what is consumed has to be excreted as well. And what is a better platform do do so than the internet where one is safe from a debate or the consequences of their statements. Everyone is instantly an expert in their own eyes.

I mean look at how many articles from yahoo, msn, abc, fox, blah, blah, blah just get reposted to the board. No research. No critical thinking. Just political vomit.

And we wonder why the people are so divided and the government continues to grow stronger while we all bicker with each other like toddlers. Our focus needs to be elsewhere.

I wonder where those that come up with their own info are getting their info from. Very rarely do we even get second hand knowledge of the events
Always wise to get a second trusted source of the info to form an opinion.

JMHO but I'm not a fan of the feature because it creates multiple layers of the forum with separate conversations within the same thread, almost like 4-D chess, and ain't nobody got time for that.

. :s0093:

JMHO but I'm not a fan of the feature because it creates multiple layers of the forum with separate conversations within the same thread, almost like 4-D chess, and ain't nobody got time for that.

. :s0093:
Agreed. I must be ignored by a decent amount of people. Cause a lot of threads get real choppy and hard to follow. A lot of post #s missing. Hahah.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top