JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm still seeing "Ignored Thread" occasionally in the Forum list for Off Topic. Not going to unignore 30+ people just to find out whose it is. I thought the update was supposed to fix that. I do not have any threads on Ignore.

The odd thing about the thread where I noticed it, is that from the context it seems that the posts I can't see are from the OP, whose original post I CAN see. Weird.
That's what this post was designed to correct. If an OP has you on ignore, then after the original upgrade, you (as the "ignoree") lost all participation in that thread.
@Joe Link fixed it so that you can now see the threads that are started by someone who has you on ignore. You just can't see any of the OP's posts after the first one.

It's how I figured out at least one person on this board has me on ignore, and I have no idea why. Can't ever recall pissin' him off for any reason. Actually kinda respected him via his posts before I found out he ignored me. Now, I'm just all butthurt over it... :oops:

Not really... :D

Last Edited:
I'm sure the list of people who ignore me is LOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG as I believe I am one of the more "contentious" members in the group. Nothing like a good verbal fight!!! MIx it up. :p;):D

Never found you to be much of a contentious sort. A fustigating curmudgeon, to be sure, but never contentious... :p

Never found you to be much of a contentious sort. A fustigating curmudgeon, to be sure, but never contentious... :p

Krikey! ... You made me look another word up.

Who? Me???? Well I never!!!

0*t81I6c6WIFV5u-bi.jpg

con·ten·tious | \ kən-ˈten(t)-shəs

\

Definition of contentious

1 : likely to cause disagreement or argument a contentious issue

2 : exhibiting an often perverse and wearisome tendency to quarrels and disputes a man of a most contentious nature

:D

That's what this post was designed to correct. If an OP has you on ignore, then after the original upgrade, you (as the "ignoree") lost all participation in that thread.
@Joe Link fixed it so that you can now see the threads that are started by someone who has you on ignore. You just can't see any of the OP's posts after the first one.

It's how I figured out at least one person on this board has me on ignore, and I have no idea why. Can't ever recall pissin' him off for any reason. Actually kinda respected him via his posts before I found out he ignored me. Now, I'm just all butthurt over it... :oops:

Not really... :D
That explains a lot. At least now I know who is ignoring me. Like you though, I have absolutely no memory of any kind of interaction with this particular member. Weird. He probably read one of my opinionated posts at some point in the past that offended him. At least it's his problem and not mine. If I start finding more threads with lots of missing posts, then maybe I'd start to be concerned.

The very few people that I have on ignore are those who've offended me personally and deliberately. I don't have time for jerks, and I try to not be one. I hate to think I've offended someone unknowingly, but I guess that's just life.

con·ten·tious | \ kən-ˈten(t)-shəs

\

Definition of contentious

1 : likely to cause disagreement or argument a contentious issue

2 : exhibiting an often perverse and wearisome tendency to quarrels and disputes a man of a most contentious nature

:D
I think it was either "fustigating" or "curmudgeon" that was givin' @bbbass fits. He already knows he's a contentious sort... ;)

That explains a lot. At least now I know who is ignoring me. Like you though, I have absolutely no memory of any kind of interaction with this particular member. Weird.
Same here. No memory of any negative discourse with this individual that I can recall.
Mebbe he just doesn't fully appreciate my rapier wit and biting sarcasm (that's all in fun, btw).
His loss... :cool:

I think it was either "fustigating" or "curmudgeon" that was givin' @bbbass fits. He already knows he's a contentious sort... ;)

It was, it was, it was, Lifebuoy!! :)

Ummmm, futztigating. Dicktionary says harshly critiqueing. Poor souls that have to put up with that!!! ;)

Curmudgeon, I am of the "Walter" school. PHD in curmudgeonship!!! :D:D:D

I know who and I suspect why. Don't think he liked having his idea that creating .300 BLK cases from .223 / 5.56 is stupid challenged. And me quoting what I perceived as a snotty remark he made as demeaning. :rolleyes:

Yeah. Making .300blk cases from .223 is real stupid. Some people's kids. :rolleyes:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top