JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The burden of proof is on the state.
Lookup "affirmative defense" - the initial burden is on you, not the state.

I have receipts for any mag I bought online or will buy online (I am currently shopping for a few now). The ones that came with the guns... :s0092:

Personally, I am not too worried. I don't think the law will holdup in court, and if it does, I don't see the state knocking on my door asking about my mags.

Me and 4 or 5 friends are laying all of our mags out together and photographing them for proof of ownership. It is for the state to prove I don't own the mags in the picture of 600+ magazines on the floor of my garage.
A photo doesn't prove anything. Marking a mag doesn't prove anything either. Either circumstance, especially marking a mag, could happen after the law goes into effect. Digital photos generally have EXIF data in them as to date/etc., but make sure it does if you are going to rely on that for proof.

Here's my proof.

588FCC68-3500-4BC5-8ED6-D07A7D02D6FA.jpeg

A photo doesn't prove anything. Marking a mag doesn't prove anything either. Either circumstance, especially marking a mag, could happen after the law goes into effect. Digital photos generally have EXIF data in them as to date/etc., but make sure it does if you are going to rely on that for proof.
Ya, I am honestly not too worried about mags. I figure if I am getting charged for having standard capacity mags that means I already have several felony charges that the mag charge is just getting added to and I will be going away for a while.

Under Section 11 of the measure, it is an affirmative offense, meaning you are guilty until you can prove yourself innocent:
(5)As of the effective date of this 2022 Act, it shall be an affirmative defense, as provided in ORS 166.055, to the unlawful possession, use and transfer of a large-capacity magazine in this state by any person, provided that:

(a)The large-capacity magazine was owned by the person before the effective date of this 2022 Act and maintained in the person's control or possession; or

(b)The possession of a large-capacity magazine was obtained by a person who, on or after the effective date of this section, acquired possession of the large-capacity magazine by operation of law upon the death of a former owner who was in legal possession of the large-capacity magazine; and

(c)In addition to either (a) or (b) of this subsection the owner has not maintained the large-capacity magazine in a manner other than:

You can quote the constitution of the United States all you want, but the State of Oregon will do as they please, when they please, and it will be your responsibility to appeal their decision all the way up to SCOTUS. By the end of her term, Kate Brown will have appointed all seven of the Oregon supreme court justices, so there isn't going to be any help there. This illustrates the depth of lawlessness and depravity we're up against. The state, i.e. taxpayers, have infinite funds to fight any individual that wants to appeal.
Told you.

All States are suppose to follow Oregon law so no sale there.
TL;DR whole thread, but can't resist replying.

With some exceptions (sales tax on items coming into a state with a sales tax law, federal regs on selling guns to residents of the target state), for the most part, a given state cannot enforce their laws outside of that state.

Nowhere in 114 will you see anything restricting an Oregon resident from buying/possessing/selling 10+ capacity mags outside the state of Oregon, as long as the mags stay outside the state of Oregon.

When you take a picture of your mags with your cell phone there is a subfile attached to it that contains information like when the picture was taken, the date, the GPS coordinates and much more. This is invisible to the user but trust me the info is there on a forensic level.
I am a software engineer.

When you take a picture of your mags with your cell phone there is a subfile attached to it that contains information like when the picture was taken, the date, the GPS coordinates and much more. This is invisible to the user but trust me the info is there on a forensic level.
I am a software engineer.

Most digital cameras - but the data can be edited/faked, although most people don't know the data is even there.
Also, the feature can be turned off in many cams today, and some photo editing software will just remove the data (or not copy it to a new file).

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top