Oregon Arms & Ammunition
Low Price Guns
Buster Beaver Cerakote
Gun Deals
Landhawk Arms
J&B Firearm Sales
Southwest Firearms Forum
Welcome to Northwest Firearms
Join our community, sign up for free today!

If it seems too good to be true....

Flymph

Reactions
  • Howdy Y'all
  • Autobiographer
  • Woke Up Like This
  • Outdoor Cleanup - 2019
Ask your LGS to mediate the transaction, and kick them a finders fee for like $50 or whatever. Only offer payment after goods are delivered to the store. Worst case scenerio the guy never ships and you save your money.

Reactions
... should I think it is?

A relatively new Aimpoint compM5 being sold for almost half the price of a new one.... WITH the box on none other than Armslist....

The guy is supposedly here in Oregon but way down in Grant's pass and I'm in Gresham so meeting f2f is a no go...

What seems funny is how urgent the guy has been since I initiated the conversation with him just this evening. Keeps asking "if we have a deal"... and his English is also a bit....off... I've noticed a few times.

He said he would accept PayPal as a goods purchase which SUPPOSEDLY protects me BUT...

PayPal, being anti gun does not allow nor protect "firearms parts" sales. While they do not list optics specifically, they are so vague they could make it exclude them should they choose. I really don't want to pass on the deal but I also don't want to get ripped off several hundreds of dollars. Any opinions? Has anyone actually determined if PayPal covers optics?
RUNAWAY!

Reactions
That’s a man I can respect. Been through that already.
That's exactly how we bought our first - and only - Ferrari, back in 1984. £600 was paid for a car worth, at that time, around £16K. We were happy for a short while, especially as I was a Warrant Officer Class 2, working in a high-ranking establishment.

Many tee's were hee'd.

UPCOMING EVENTS

Wolf Creek Rd Public Shooting Lanes Cleanup!
North Fork Wolf Creek Rd public shooting lanes
N Fork Wolf Creek Rd, Oregon 97144, USA
ARPC Speed Steel
ARPC (Albany Rifle & Pistol Club)
29999 Saddle Butte Rd, Shedd, OR 97377, USA
NRA Pistol marksmanship Simulator Training
Defensive Arts Center
4620 SW Beaverton Hillsdale Hwy C2, Portland, OR 97221, USA
.22 Rimfire Challenge
Douglas Ridge Rifle Club
27787 OR-224, Eagle Creek, OR 97022, USA
Cerberus Training Group - Bill Blowers - Tap-Rack Tactical Tac - Pistol
Cerberus Training Group
47 Cattle Dr, Goldendale, WA 98620, USA

LATEST REVIEWS

• Gun & Boot & Gear - Astoria
    5.00 star(s)
    Good bunch of guys! Always treated me well, and in some cases better then expected. Highly recommend swinging by and talking with Andrew about any...
    • jblake00
  • Supporting Vendor Oregon Rifleworks
    5.00 star(s)
    Seen it from the highway a few times, so made the effort to go in yesterday lunchtime- What an awesome store ! Big, bight, well laid out, with a...
    • asiparks
  • Centerfire Gunworks
    1.00 star(s)
    This shop is an extortion racket. It’s the only one in town and charges like a monopoly. He can’t fulfill commitments and he won’t provide estimates.
    • Emm
  • Supporting Vendor Oregon Rifleworks
    5.00 star(s)
    I'd be a lot happier if they were closer to the Couve but they are definitely worth the drive Friendly staff and very competitive prices on ammo...
    • GWS
  • Tri-County Gun Club
    5.00 star(s)
    Tricounty Gun Club is an excellent place to practice, train, and compete with multiple shooting disciplines. Members have card key access to...
    • Whisky Tahoe

SUPPORT NORTHWEST FIREARMS

Staff online