JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

If braced pistols are required to be registered as NFA item with $200 stamp cost what will you do?

• Remove brace and run it without brace

Votes: 20 18.5%
  • Register it and run it with brace.

Votes: 13 12.0%
  • What NFA?

Votes: 75 69.4%

• Total voters
Status
If they offer to waive the stamp fee I could see a lot of people putting $50 Kak blades on new AR pistol builds and then applying for the SBR stamp.

And yes, I am curious where people carry loaded AR pistols.
If they will let you jump through this hoop and live in this pen over here, then I think that would be the way to go.

I'm wondering why in the world would anyone who jumped through this previous hoop not want to jump through this new hoop?

Why is this even an issue people? The government will tell you how best to be prepared to protect your loved ones.

Assault rifle by the bed lol. AR pistol in your vehicle lol. You don't need any of that. We pay people to enforce the laws. And those people will absolutely be right there lickety-split when you need them. I get so tired of you people that always think you know best how to protect yourselves. We should put you all in a re-education camp or something....

I put a pistol together a few years back so I could take a good friend shooting. He was an avid outdoorsman and taught me much of what I know about it. He suffered a stroke that left him paralyzed on the left side. He loves shooting this pistol but without a brace wouldn't be able to hold it. Our "leaders" are so f'd up that they are going after people who hold true American values, wonder what they'll f up next?
True. But in a way you can blame the 2A community for this as well. Those braces were invented to help people hold the AR pistol platform with one hand. Disability or not. But when everyone else started buying them so they could run "SBR's" without doing the paper work or fees they took full advantage of it and threw it in the face of the ATF/democrats/etc. shouldering the device etc. Now I don't agree with taking away braces. But the gun community is a bit like Donald Trump. Great intentions but terrible delivery. If only he kept his mouth shut he would still be president and if only the 2A community could do the same we wouldn't be spot lighted so much. That is just my opinion.

I don't have a dog, so they can shoot it all they wanna
I got a dog that is my best friend. Shoot at my dog and I will make sure you regret it. I like my dog more than the majority of people I have met or even seen in my life.

If the BATF gives us a free ride, without paying 200.00, to go the SBR route, I will do as many lowers as is possible...even I don't have a brace on that particular lower. Making them SBRs gives me lots of barrel and stock options for configuring

If the BATF gives us a free ride, without paying 200.00, to go the SBR route, I will do as many lowers as is possible...even I don't have a brace on that particular lower. Making them SBRs gives me lots of barrel and stock options for configuring
If I had to wager my sack lunch I would say a free ride is not likely.

And won't it be exciting when the ATF comes later to take all your registered guns?

And won't it be exciting when the ATF comes later to take all your registered guns?
When in the decades since the ATF was founded, did they go and confiscate registered NFA guns from law abiding owners other than those owners who committed felonies and lost their 2A rights?

I have always heard this but have not seen such. I know of many cases where they went after people for having unregistered NFA weapons and post-86 MGs...

Edit. By far the most common NFA item has to be the suppressor/"silencers" and the SBRs, as far as I know.

If this happens you can count on the end of the ~30-day eForm1 approvals with the rush of application submissions, probably pushing the approval wait time out to a year or longer.

If this happens you can count on the end of the ~30-day eForm1 approvals with the rush of application submissions, probably pushing the approval wait time out to a year or longer.

Sadly, I believe this will be the case. Imagine millions of new applications hitting the system within a narrow time window. eForm 1s waits are decent by grossly incompetent .gov standards, but much of the transfers are still in dumpster-fire zone. (And, yes, I've had transfers take close to and, in at least one case, more than a year during "normal" times.) But they'll all be be quickly upgraded to a dumpster-tactical-nuke in short order if almost everyone with a brace is filing. (I'm, more or less, done with NFA projects at this point, but, still ... ugh. :eek:)

I don't have a braced pistol. I have a braced Shockwave. I wonder what the rules on that would be?

I would remove the brace if I have to.

I wonder what the rules on possession of an unattached brace would be? Constructive possession?
It's 10 year sentence and 50,000 fine for a short barreled shotgun, short barreled rifle or machine gun. They are mandatory sentences. The state can also in force it and Washington state is 10 years. Talk to almost any ATF agent and they will tell you they absolutely do not care about short barreled rifles. They heavily focused on illegal silencers, machine guns and explosives

Status

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR