JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

If braced pistols are required to be registered as NFA item with $200 stamp cost what will you do?

• Remove brace and run it without brace

Votes: 20 18.5%
  • Register it and run it with brace.

Votes: 13 12.0%
  • What NFA?

Votes: 75 69.4%

• Total voters
Status
If anything I see extendable braces being axed.
No brace longer than the extension tube on an AR will be the fix.
Tubes with adjustment holes will have to be filled to prevent use and extending the LOP beyond what they deem as unworthy.
SB Tactical already makes LOP limiters for those using a Law Folder to keep the LOP at 13"

The physically impaired still get a brace and the AR pistol will be about as popular as it was before braces were a thing.

So either use it with the new stumpy brace or a bare tube like they used to be to stay a pistol for AR's
Or SBR it to use any attachment longer than the tube.
Then there's getting a 12.5" barrel and then pin/ weld a 4" comp on the end and use a regular stock on it.

Follow through on the form 1 I keep putting off, probably. Inconvenient as it would be to have my hand forced, I'm going to turn the only braced pistol I have into an SBR anyway so it might just move up the timeline.

Braces are a good thing that got ruined by yahoos on YouTube shouldering them just like a rifle. Should have been treated like fight club and we could all have nice things without .gov snooping

I don't shoulder any of my ARs when shooting on the move, cheek weld only, pistol or rifle.
Exactly. I started with AKs well before ARs and with underfolders you basically use your cheek as support.. I got used to that first, making cheek bracing second nature.
But I do more bench shooting than anything else, so I don't shoulder when the pistol is in a heavy rest anyway.

I do not know, I mentioned it because I have heard others mention it.

I don't believe the ATF/gov would waive it. More likely it would be an outright ban with no grandfathering, just like bump stocks.
We have to fund the "infrastructure" bill somehow

Piecemeal additions eh? I'm just wondering when will Congress propose a bill to amend/modify NFA1934/GCA1968/FOPA1986 to make a new NFA category of "Assault Weapons" that requires reteoactive tax stamps for the firearms that would be covered under the "AW" category but not fitting in the MG, SBR/SBS/AOW categories :rolleyes:

On topic... might as well as go SBR if the ATF offers "waived tax fees" for the SBR/AOWs if they add braced AR/AK pattern pistols into AOWs.

On the other hand.. with the nomination of a very vocal advocate of gun control for ATF director job, it might be pointless to keep up with new ATF rulings?

Have they ever waived the fee beyond the initial implementation of the NFA?

Yes. When they reclassified some shotguns (USAS-12, Striker-12, and Streetsweeper) as Destructive Devices during the Clinton administration, the tax was waved. See this Federal Registry entry.

Thus, although the classification of the three shotguns as NFA weapons was retroactive, the prospective application of the tax provisions allowed registration without payment of tax. ATF has contacted all purchasers of record of the shotguns to advise them of the classification of the weapons as destructive devices and that the weapons must be registered. ATF has registered approximately 8,200 of these weapons to date.

Form 1. SBR. Easy.

Super easy.

I put a pistol together a few years back so I could take a good friend shooting. He was an avid outdoorsman and taught me much of what I know about it. He suffered a stroke that left him paralyzed on the left side. He loves shooting this pistol but without a brace wouldn't be able to hold it. Our "leaders" are so f'd up that they are going after people who hold true American values, wonder what they'll f up next?

If they offer to waive the stamp fee I could see a lot of people putting $50 Kak blades on new AR pistol builds and then applying for the SBR stamp.

And yes, I am curious where people carry loaded AR pistols.

What I wonder is whether we will see a huge demand for people wanting to buy braces now or to sell them.
IMHO If they are banned for use outside of NFA use, they will be pretty much worthless. If you are going to break the law by putting one on a pistol you might as well put a stock on it.

Status

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR