Welcome to Northwest Firearms
Join our community, sign up for free today!

IDPA @ TC 2019

6Corsa6

Reactions
I have watched some matches on you tube. Looks like fun and a bit of a challenge. Good to know about muzzle location with mag change. I have heard lots of people talk good and bad about the muzzle over the berm but no one gave any kind of angle in regards to what's too high.

I would be shooting a stock m&p 2.0 compact

OP
RicInOR

RicInOR

Reactions
I have watched some matches on you tube. Looks like fun and a bit of a challenge. Good to know about muzzle location with mag change. I have heard lots of people talk good and bad about the muzzle over the berm but no one gave any kind of angle in regards to what's too high.

I would be shooting a stock m&p 2.0 compact

You can shoot that in Stock Service Pistol. To start I recommend that.

Check to see if it can also be used for CCP. ( I don't know )

One of my first matches, we had targets along all 3 berms. Shooting positions kept everything behind the 180. But, as a right handed shooter it was possible, even likely, you would have a mag change while facing a target along the left berm. When I reload, I tend to kant the gun left. Left berm + left kant could equal violate the 180. Fortunately another shooter clued me in before hand, and I did a reload with retention, which was a thing then and avoided the potential DQ.

Most of the violations of the berm rule happen during reloads.

Hope to see you in October, as I cant make the Sunday match this month.

OP
RicInOR

RicInOR

Reactions
November 2 there is no IDPA match.

There is however an outlaw match. Tri-County rules apply - ie no muzzle over berm ....

If you are interested, get over to https://tc-idpa.org/ or the Facebook page and get the info you need. And get registered early. Very early.

This is not an IDPA match.

IDPA competition returns in December.

NWGlockgal

Reactions
This match is only open to those who have shot USPSA or IDPA matches before. No shooters new to competition. I think the match may be full already since it is limited to 60 shooters.

NEW CLASSIFIED ADS

LATEST REVIEWS

• Klickitat County Firearms Training Facility
    4.00 star(s)
    Not really a range guy, as in I am 53 years old and today is the very first time I have been to an actual managed shooting range. Also, not a WA...
    • CRBMoA
  • Supporting Vendor Oregon Arms & Ammunition
    5.00 star(s)
    I've made several purchases here over the past few years and I've had a great experience every time. Prices are good, their staff is helpful, and...
    • Joe Link
  • Big Iron Armory
    5.00 star(s)
    It's great to have an LGS inside Portland Metro. Walt and Noah have put care into setting good prices and acquiring quality firearms and...
    • kr0ptkin
  • Supporting Vendor Lucky Sporting Goods
    5.00 star(s)
    Well I finally got around to taking pics of the Cerakoting work that Jeremy of Lucky Sports did for my wife and me about 3 weeks ago. We couldn't...
    • jg rider
  • Supporting Vendor Lucky Sporting Goods
    5.00 star(s)
    Here's more work that Jeremy did for me The first 3 pics are of an RIA frame that I had Cerakoted years back by an outfit in Molino. I had Jeremy...
    • jg rider