JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
SCHEDULE
2019 Schedule – Tri-County Defensive Pistol League

Contact the MD if you have not participated at Tri-County IDPA before - you need a gate code and to take a shooters orientation.
Tri-County Defensive Pistol League – IDPA, Portland, Oregon

** No High Muzzle Reloads***
$20 to play!!
$25 to register in one regular match division and one specialty division!!
Specialty Divisions are:
– PCC for Pistol Caliber Carbine
– COP for Carry Optic Pistol
– LLP for Light and Laser Pistol
Bays 1- 6 on the Action Range
New Shooter briefing is required for all new shooters to Tri-County Gun Club
Match Times:
– 0800Setup
– 0830 Registration – Pay/Verification
– 0900 New Shooter Briefing Meet on Bay 1 (Please arrive early to register at 0830)
– 1000 Match Start

All matches are the first Saturday of the month and sometimes a bonus match on the 5th Sunday. Check the schedule.

In addition to IDPA rules, we require compliance with the following rules which are specific to our club. These may be different from what you're used to. Keep the following in mind at all times: Any unsafe actions, at any time, by any competitor, will result in being disqualified (DQ'd) from the match Any "muzzle over the berm" firearm orientation will result in disqualification Eye and ear protection are required at all times Tri-County Gun Club is a COLD RANGE Firearms are to be in an unloaded condition, and in a case, when arriving at our range. Firearms are not to be handled at/in your vehicle Please use the Safe Area tables (located in each bay) to transfer unloaded firearms to/from holsters/cases No ammunition is allowed on the Safe Area table and ammo cannot be handled in the Safe Area

The "official schedule" says this:

"3/31/19 Regular Match
4/06/19 5th Sunday Regular Match Logo-IDPA2.jpg "

You can ask Shaun how 4/6 is a Sunday (cause it is a Saturday) and how the 6th day is the 5th of anything, but keep in mind, he shot second best, with his BUG.

If I read my Microsoft supplied calendar correct
3/31 is next SUNDAY
Then 4/6 is the following Saturday.

2019 Schedule – Tri-County Defensive Pistol League

upload_2019-3-24_20-48-23.png

Last edited by a moderator:
If you know of any women who would like come to join us for the August 3rd match, we have one space on a squad made up mostly of ladies. They can sign up on Practiscore. Good opportunity for a woman who wants to shoot her first match but is nervous about shooting with the boys.

I am going to try and make the next match. Is a single mag carrier enough or would 2 be necessary or just sticking another mag in pants pocket? Also roughly how many rounds would I need to bring with me? I have never shot IDPA before. I have checked out the website and read over the rules. Thanks

@6Corsa6

Generally you need to have your class x 6 (number of stages). So Stock = 31 rnds x 6 ~ 4 boxes, 200 rds. You will go home with unfired rounds this way.

Mag carriers are not expensive. Depending upon class 2 is the right number. 3 may be needed.

My personal issue with full mags stuffed in the pockets is -- is the shooter being safe while trying to dig those out on the clock with a pistol in hand?

If you shoot CDP, or CCP, say a 1911 - then you would put your barney mag in a pocket.
I put my 'first' mag - that is the one I am starting the stage with - in a pocket.
My others go on the belt.

Be sure you are on time for the first shooter orientation.

I recommend you practice - with your empty gun at home -- to lean around objects - like car, wall, table. Practice draw while seated.
Practice reloads while keeping your muzzle down, repeat. Reload with out breaking the 180. And more.

Biggest time loss is transitions, reloads and acquiring the target from an unconventional position of engagement. Because they are not practiced enough.

You may want to watch a few matches on the U-tuby.

And, contact the MD a week before the match - you need the gate code if you are not a TC member.
Tri-County Defensive Pistol League – IDPA, Portland, Oregon

HTH

I am going to try and make the next match. Is a single mag carrier enough or would 2 be necessary or just sticking another mag in pants pocket? Also roughly how many rounds would I need to bring with me? I have never shot IDPA before. I have checked out the website and read over the rules. Thanks
What are you shooting? SSP? It's nice to have two mag carriers, and the mag you are going to load into the gun at start can go in your pocket. 200 rounds is probably more than you will need, but always better to have too much than not enough! The first match or two they are a little lenient about equipment, shoot with what you have. If you become a regular then you are expected to have legal equipment. It's a lot of fun, so hope to see you there! Note that just for September the normal first day Saturday (the 7th) match is cancelled and will be taking place on the last Sunday of the month instead.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top